Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15923 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2014, 05:03:14 PM »
It's no assumption at all.  It's a fact.  I've seen you both fly and fought you both.  No question in my mind you in a Zeke and Kappa in an A5 you'll lose 8-10 fights.

I never said I was skilled in the planes you gave as examples.  Kappa is more skilled in an A5 than anyone in the game in my opinion and in the opinions of other great sticks I've seen fight him in the DA.  

That being said, I'll join you in the DA anytime you want same planes.  All you have to do is ask.

Yet again, your statements are relatively unfounded, especially when discussing someone who's shot you down multiple times in the past week or two (not that shooting someone down proves anything, but when that's our only interaction, it lessens the strength your argument).

You're volunteering "kappa" to fly different planes, then you put the stipulation that it has to be same planes if I fight you (which I wouldn't have a problem with, but I'm concerned with the principle of the matter at this point). If you're so sure of your stance, why would you change the stipulations when it concerns you? And if it's a matter of skill, then how can you (assuming you're speaking from a position of less experience than "Kappa") speak to his effectiveness if you can't fly at the same level or accept the same challenge you've proposed I issue to him?

No offense meant or taken, it just seems very... well, hypocritical.

And for what it's worth, I don't fly the A5. That was purely used as an example.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:12:11 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
 Since my name was brought up I think I'll make a comment or 2!

First I dont call it a HO,it's a John Wayne merge to me were you come in guns blazing with no thought but to kill the other guy!  Many have little choice but to do this because they have found out to fly any other way but to fly the gunsight at the enemy.

After that first merge AFAIC anything goes,an acute angle frontal attack is fine as long as you dont get infront of the enemies guns,but if I find the enemy turning into my guns and I have a shot you can bet I'll take it. They way I shoot I need to shoot a much as possible to get hits so it would be silly of me to pass up any shot.

Alot dont know or remember that back in the day WB's had a cone of silence,a frontal area where your bullets had much less effect and it made most frontal attack a waiste of bullets,this is where all the Ho,no Ho stuff came from and now it's seen as bad form.  In a duel,I agree it is bad form but in the MA where it's a freeforall I dont see as it being unreasonable thing to do! Again alot of players have no choice or even those who do know better may have to do it just to stay alive and in the fight.

Then there's the wiley old vet who know that a quick burst before the merge can upset the enemy enough to give that vet a huge advantage in the fight.

Personally I dont judge how a player flies,what they fly or how they want to play. My only hope is to pass on a few tips to help players have more fun and maybe gain some skills that will gain them confidence enough to not resort to a John Wayne merge!

:salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2014, 05:05:34 PM »
Non-HOers are more successful (kill and survive,) in general within the MA and 1on1, I would have thought that success should be motivation enough.

It well could be sans the CH200 or PM (or forum) whines that indicate getting shot down in the face is emotionally traumatizing.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2014, 05:05:39 PM »
Well, it's true I didn't live there for two years in a 'DA squad' like yourself before signing up for the forum and asking other players how to set cockpit views.

From an earlier post you may need this: http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/acm-merge/merges_.ahf

:salute :cheers:

I always try to get better and don't have a problem asking questions.  Griefers find themselves spending their spare time doing, well, quite honestly the kinds of research you do thinking you'll elevate yourself somehow by attempting to point out, unsolicited of course, others frailties..  It's funny to watch and sad to see all at the same time.  But that's just who you are.  I poke at you because you're pokeable.  You make it too easy sometimes.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »
HOs are not "bad" if you consistently win them. :joystick:

Losing to a HO is bad.   :)
Spoken like a master HO HO.

HOs are not bad.....but they are an amazingly stupid crap shoot. But by all means...come HO me in your Spit8.  Ill be happy to give you a demonstration.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
  Alot dont know or remember that back in the day WB's had a cone of silence,a frontal area where your bullets had much less effect and it made most frontal attack a waiste of bullets,this is where all the Ho,no Ho stuff came from and now it's seen as bad form.  

Or the AW one.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »
I always try to get better and don't have a problem asking questions.  Griefers find themselves spending their spare time doing, well, quite honestly the kinds of research you do thinking you'll elevate yourself somehow by attempting to point out, unsolicited of course, others frailties..  It's funny to watch and sad to see all at the same time.  But that's just who you are.  I poke at you because you're pokeable.  You make it too easy sometimes.

Wasn't any 'griefing' involved. Was more of a shovel. In your hands. Trying to reinvent.  ;)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2014, 05:11:44 PM »

Then there's the wiley old vet who know that a quick burst before the merge can upset the enemy enough to give that vet a huge advantage in the fight.

I have seen this a number of times. They are very cheeky, but they actually help those of us with the ability to fly with controlled aggression.

I was in the DA lake/cesspool, and after a few of those merges my aggression was so high it put me to a new level, I set about killing the opposition into humiliating submission. It worked, the only guy left upping was my squad mate  :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »

HOs are not bad.....but they are an amazingly stupid crap shoot. But by all means...come HO me in your Spit8.  Ill be happy to give you a demonstration.

See? Even Hop doesn't have a problem with`em.   :D :salute :cheers:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2014, 05:22:50 PM »
Yet again, your statements are relatively unfounded, especially when discussing someone who's shot you down multiple times this tour.

You're volunteering "kappa" to fly different planes, then you put the stipulation that it has to be same planes if I fight you (which I wouldn't have a problem with, but I'm concerned with the principle of the matter at this point). If you're so sure of your stance, why would you change the stipulations when it concerns you? And if it's a matter of skill, then how can you (assuming you're speaking from a position of less experience than "Kappa") speak to his effectiveness if you can't fly at the same level or accept the same challenge you've proposed I issue to him?

No offense meant or taken, it just seems very... well, hypocritical.

And for what it's worth, I don't fly the A5. That was purely used as an example.

See, I volunteered a knowledge of Kappas skills to mitigate your feeble attempt at justifying HOing as something that shouldn't be frowned upon if in fact, it's performed based on a perceived lack of skill.  Which is the case given how I've seen you fly.  Anything else you've typed is simply ego.

You've got a nice set of kills on me because I chose to up at capped bases you and a large group of folks were capping and defend it.  That's what I like doing.  You would easily have none of those kills had I simply chose not to do that.  The one time it was co alt, co LA7 you died a valiant death.  When talking about victories over others, please try to convey the context when possible so you don't end up sounding like your defending your position from being hurt and embarrassed.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2014, 05:27:14 PM »
See, I volunteered a knowledge of Kappas skills to mitigate your feeble attempt at justifying HOing as something that shouldn't be frowned upon if in fact, it's performed based on a perceived lack of skill.  Which is the case given how I've seen you fly.  Anything else you've typed is simply ego.

You've got a nice set of kills on me because I chose to up at capped bases you and a large group of folks were capping and defend it.  That's what I like doing.  You would easily have none of those kills had I simply chose not to do that.  The one time it was co alt, co LA7 you died a valiant death.  When talking about victories over others, please try to convey the context when possible so you don't end up sounding like your defending your position from being hurt and embarrassed.

You volunteered Kappa to school him then, as an afterthought, you volunteered yourself to not. Why can't you two just get along? Isn't there a secret ex-FAer handshake or something?  :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
You volunteered Kappa to school him then, as an afterthought, you volunteered yourself to not. Why can't you two just get along? Isn't there a secret ex-FAer handshake or something?  :)

Another example of reading but no comprehension, lol.  Nice try though. :aok. The tactic of the court jester...hear, understand and ignore for self preservation, lol.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
Or the AW one.  :D

Ya ya Arlo,I did say or REMEMBER..... :devil

So I have sometimers,atleast it's not allthetimers,yet!

:salute

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »
See, I volunteered a knowledge of Kappas skills to mitigate your feeble attempt at justifying HOing as something that shouldn't be frowned upon if in fact, it's performed based on a perceived lack of skill.  Which is the case given how I've seen you fly.  Anything else you've typed is simply ego.

You've got a nice set of kills on me because I chose to up at capped bases you and a large group of folks were capping and defend it.  That's what I like doing.  You would easily have none of those kills had I simply chose not to do that.  The one time it was co alt, co LA7 you died a valiant death.  When talking about victories over others, please try to convey the context when possible so you don't end up sounding like your defending your position from being hurt and embarrassed.

You claim ego, then you type an entire paragraph in defense of your own... yet while still not accepting the original challenge you claimed another would easily be able to perform.

Further, if my kills were simply vulches over a base, you would not have had a chance to really see anything, would you? Other than someone taking advantage of the situation. Yet again, your entire post contradicts itself, as you claim all I did was vulch, followed by an attempt to claim you know entirely how I fly.

The facts of the matter are you won't accept the same challenge you claimed another could so easily perform. That's it, summarized, really.

If you'd like to DA, I'm game. Perhaps we could even out our current 4:1 kill/death (or 1:4, in your case) scoring.

What time would you like to fly?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:37:24 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7