Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15946 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
He flew FA? Callsign?

Snicker... Skyyr = Shadow from FA. Now it all makes sense.

Careful about claiming the high road, son.... I know what you are :)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:48 PM »

I don't recall pretending anywhere to take the high road; on the contrary, I tend to take the most efficient one.

It was good fighting you again after all these years - I see you still fly the same.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2014, 06:19:50 PM »

Lol....the past casts a long shadow....
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »
Now now.  :)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: April 02, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »
I don't recall pretending anywhere to take the high road; on the contrary, I tend to take the most efficient one.

It was good fighting you again after all these years - I see you still fly the same.
skyrr, cmon bud, don't make the old dogfighters laugh at you.... that was no fight... you merged behind him while he was attacking bombers...  granted he flew poorly imo, but there were no fighting skills displayed on your part that would warrant any kind of gloating...   just sayin...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #230 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
skyrr, cmon bud, don't make the old dogfighters laugh at you.... that was no fight... you merged behind him while he was attacking bombers...  granted he flew poorly imo, but there were no fighting skills displayed on your part that would warrant any kind of gloating...   just sayin...  :aok

You attempt to insult my flying, yet you fail to point out that he was both higher, faster, and broke my 3/9 line twice (in that there were two merges). He could have easily disengaged. I was also well above 8,000ft, where the LA-7 performs very poorly over all and at an altitude where the F4U can wipe the floor with it. In fact, he did disengage temporarily, only to gain separation and turn back into me for the sole purpose of engaging me. The fact I killed him only makes him look worse due to your synopsis.

A faster, higher target was killed by someone who, to quote you, displayed "no fighting skills." What does that say about the person that was killed? Sure, it was a rather boring kill, but you just insulted the guy you were defending.

Interesting that you would claim someone who shot down a faster, higher, more maneuverable plane at an altitude where theirs is outperformed displayed poor fighting skills.

Also, it is impossible to "merge" behind someone. I think the term you meant to use was "fell in behind him."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:02:09 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #231 on: April 02, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

Skyyr, welcome to AH. I don't recall fighting you yet, but I do recall getting an unsolicited PM recently (after you were shot down) when you assumed I was running from a fight.

I hope the fact that you've chosen to embrace your old persona doesn't mean you'll act in the same way, although judging by this thread you haven't changed much.

Good luck with the game. I hope things go better for you than they did in the last one.

Simon

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #232 on: April 02, 2014, 07:08:53 PM »
You attempt to insult my flying, yet you fail to point out that he was both higher, faster, and broke my 3/9 line twice (in that there were two merges). He could have easily disengaged. I was also well above 8,000ft, where the LA-7 performs very poorly over all and at an altitude where the F4U can wipe the floor with it. In fact, he did disengage temporarily, only to gain separation and turn back into me for the sole purpose of engaging me. The fact I killed him only makes him look worse due to your synopsis.

A faster, higher target was killed by someone who, to quote you, displayed "no fighting skills." What does that say about the person that was killed? Sure, it was a rather boring kill, but you just insulted the guy you were defending.

Interesting that you would claim someone who shot down a faster, higher, more maneuverable plane at an altitude where theirs is outperformed displayed poor fighting skills.

Also, it is impossible to "merge" behind someone. I think the term you meant to use was "fell in behind him."

LOL holy crap dude... Why do I not remember ANY of this? Methinks your perception of whatever went down might be a little skewed. Anyway I'm glad to know I carry such an impact to your game/ego, after all these years. I'm sorry that our grand reunion didn't resonate so much with me.

I will look forward to happening your way again some time, and might even make it a point to do so :)

<S>

Simon

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
LOL holy crap dude... Why do I not remember ANY of this? Methinks your perception of whatever went down might be a little skewed. Anyway I'm glad to know I carry such an impact to your game/ego, after all these years. I'm sorry that our grand reunion didn't resonate so much with me.

I will look forward to happening your way again some time, and might even make it a point to do so :)

<S>

Simon

Or you could click the video link in my last post...

Here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSj9BtHMFro&t=560
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2014, 07:12:55 PM »
skyrr, cmon bud, don't make the old dogfighters laugh at you.... that was no fight... you merged behind him while he was attacking bombers...  granted he flew poorly imo, but there were no fighting skills displayed on your part that would warrant any kind of gloating...   just sayin...  :aok

LOL Slyrock, I'm guessing Skyyr must have shot me down then, and apparently made a point of sharing his exciting news with the rest of you :)

It's still not ringing any bells, but it sure sounds like the way I usually get shot down. If something gets behind me I'm as good as dead, 'cos I never look there lol.

<S>

Simon

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2014, 07:22:06 PM »
LOL Slyrock, I'm guessing Skyyr must have shot me down then, and apparently made a point of sharing his exciting news with the rest of you :)

It's still not ringing any bells, but it sure sounds like the way I usually get shot down. If something gets behind me I'm as good as dead, 'cos I never look there lol.

<S>

Simon

Pssst. Simon, there was a video link. Kudos on flying an F4U-1A, though. Is that your preferred ride?

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
Or you could click the video link in my last post...

Here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSj9BtHMFro&t=560

Oh my god that's hilarious! I can even see the moment that I noticed you. Good on you man, but I'm not sure that qualifies as a "fight" when we're in the middle of 20+ planes. Had I focused on you however, looks like you would have been in a heap of trouble. Anyway, like I said, I'm glad to know that it made your day.

Oh and the putting braggart videos up on Youtube.... classic Shadow. I see you haven't changed a bit.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »
Pssst. Simon, there was a video link. Kudos on flying an F4U-1A, though. Is that your preferred ride?

Yessir, although the U4 is sweeter, it tends to attract too much attention for my obvious lack of SA :)

:salute

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2014, 07:28:03 PM »
You attempt to insult my flying,
I didn't attempt to do anything other than to tell you the film of you getting a kill on simon, was neither a fight, imo, or worth gloating about...  :aok

yet you fail to point out that he was both higher, faster, and broke my 3/9 line twice (in that there were two merges). He could have easily disengaged. In fact, he did disengage temporarily, only to gain separation and turn back into me for the sole purpose of engaging me.
this is not what is shown in the film... you merged in behind him, him never being 1.5k out in front of you... now, we oldtime dogfighters don't call this a fight... I'd call it an engagement in which you started out on his 6... granted he may have had a little more speed, and a little more alt, but you started on his 6...  and never got off his 6 as is shown in the film... did you not shoot him from the 6 position?  just because he attempted to turn back into you from 1.5 k out in front, doesn't mean you didn't have the adv of being on his 6 to start with, in other words, you had angles to start with... by being on his 6... what part of that are you missing?

again, you started on his 6...  lolz...  

don't know what you're talking about here....   merge-To become combined or united...   your flight paths were united, you being on the same path as he, but 1.5k behind...  :aok

and just to reiterate my point, if you're going to talk smack about fighting someone and killing them, and then post film.. might want to post one where you don't start out on the guys 6.. it kind of voids the ability to gloat about it... :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
I didn't attempt to do anything other than to tell you the film of you getting a kill on simon, was neither a fight, imo, or worth gloating about...  :aok

this is not what is shown in the film... you merged in behind him, him never being 1.5k out in front of you... now, we oldtime dogfighters don't call this a fight... I'd call it an engagement in which you started out on his 6... granted he may have had a little more speed, and a little more alt, but you started on his 6...  and never got off his 6 as is shown in the film... did you not shoot him from the 6 position?  just because he attempted to turn back into you from 1.5 k out in front, doesn't mean you didn't have the adv of being on his 6 to start with, in other words, you had angles to start with... by being on his 6... what part of that are you missing?
again, you started on his 6...  lolz...  
don't know what you're talking about here....   merge-To become combined or united...   your flight paths were united, you being on the same path as he, but 1.5k behind...  :aok

and just to reiterate my point, if you're going to talk smack about fighting someone and killing them, and then post film.. might want to post one where you don't start out on the guys 6.. it kind of voids the ability to gloat about it... :aok

Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba