Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15927 times)

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2014, 11:43:47 PM »
Never mind time is not right.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:54:34 PM by hlbly »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #362 on: April 04, 2014, 10:26:43 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
I don't get it.
swampbug spoke and made me think of boiled swampbugs, corn and taters!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2014, 10:28:13 AM »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #365 on: April 04, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
swampbug spoke and made me think of boiled swampbugs, corn and taters!  :aok

Hadn't heard swamp bug term  for crawfish in years! Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #366 on: April 04, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
 :lol
HiTech

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #367 on: April 04, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
Come play in Scenarios and "This Day in WWII".

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2014, 05:59:56 AM »
Hadn't heard swamp bug term  for crawfish in years! Lol

They sure do look like bugs  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #369 on: April 05, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
They sure do look like bugs  :old:

Yup but they are comfort bugs
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »
I believe this games best days may be in front of it.  They keep adding more planes.  Tweaking and improving all aspects.  This company is more dedicated to their product and user base than any other game I have ever played.  :aok

In no other place can one fly WWII planes modeled to this level of accuracy.  Yes there is gaminess (endless "sorties" via ream pad, LancStukas etc.) but it is still a game.

Sometimes folks get so polarized by other players "not flying the way they think they should" that they lose site of all the overwhelming positive aspects of the game.

Are the numbers shrinking?  I dont know the facts on this with 100% accuracy.  I have observed that the early mornings that I fly the numbers are low and it is hard to get a fite.  On the other side,  I have seen many new players.  Some new guys that really want to learn this game at that too!

This is a great game.  Some really outstanding folks in here.  There is always the DA if you need to have the perfectly architected fight scenario for you to experience happiness.

Now stop whining, stop your excuses, get in that plane and try to kill me...if you can. <== I'm just joking here folks.

Slade  :salute

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #371 on: April 05, 2014, 10:40:53 AM »
I believe this games best days may be in front of it.  They keep adding more planes.  Tweaking and improving all aspects.  This company is more dedicated to their product and user base than any other game I have ever played.  :aok

In no other place can one fly WWII planes modeled to this level of accuracy.  Yes there is gaminess (endless "sorties" via ream pad, LancStukas etc.) but it is still a game.

Sometimes folks get so polarized by other players "not flying the way they think they should" that they lose site of all the overwhelming positive aspects of the game.

Are the numbers shrinking?  I dont know the facts on this with 100% accuracy.  I have observed that the early mornings that I fly the numbers are low and it is hard to get a fite.  On the other side,  I have seen many new players.  Some new guys that really want to learn this game at that too!

This is a great game.  Some really outstanding folks in here.  There is always the DA if you need to have the perfectly architected fight scenario for you to experience happiness.

Now stop whining, stop your excuses, get in that plane and try to kill me...if you can. <== I'm just joking here folks.

Slade  :salute

Hear Hear!  :cheers:

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #372 on: April 05, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:25:55 AM by hitech »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #373 on: April 05, 2014, 05:26:55 PM »
for quote of rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:26:16 AM by hitech »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #374 on: April 05, 2014, 07:49:50 PM »
It's kind of funny that people immediately assume that someone is a noob when they look at their Joined date and see 2013/14. :lol

Right now I tell people who want to try out AH to avoid the forum and just play the game for a year before bothering with it.  Let the game and the IN-GAME community decide whether you would like to stay. :noid
HiTech