Author Topic: What we really need is...  (Read 270 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What we really need is...
« on: January 30, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »
 A F.A.Q. section on some nice website.

The F.A.Q. on the HTC site is miserable - very small, not organized and most importantly, not covering the Frequently Asked Questions we see on this board all the time. I do not suggest that HTC guys and gals take time from programming to do them over - they have enough on their hands. The community should do it.

Many people come fresh or from other sims and start asking questions or suggesting things that were discussed before. The best they can now get are links to the previous threads to sift through.
 Every few weeks we have a new discussions concerning things beaten to death earlier - pricing, collision code, net lag, physics, etc.
 Every time the explanations, especially attitudes are worse because people are irritated to go over the matters again and it does community no good.

Someone with time on his hands should collect all the info that was posted and make a nice comprehenceive F.A.Q. covering those points. How about you, guys, with thousand posts a months on this board?

WB had great user-run information sites few years ago - with in-depth articles on many issues. Whenever a discussion arose, someone would always point to one of the sites for an explanation.

I would start the site but I do not currently have time even to fly, let alone learn website management. I would gladly submit articles if someone started a general AH site.

If you know of a good site(s) or running one yourself and ready to accept submissions, please tell us here and start advertising it.

miko

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
I would like to see a page on what ordnance blows up what.  How many tons of bombs for ships, hangars and so on.  One can figure a lot of this out offline but there are quite a few variables- a listing would be nice.  

Offline Area 51

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
I think a squad will do this very thing and soon.  I came from AW3 and there was a dozen pages on how to fly different planes, maps, hanger strengths, and on and on.  I would not be surprised to see one of the bigger squads post something that they already have in the works.  Another reason is that AH is ever changing were as other sims are in their mature stage.  People might be turned off by the fact that they would have an out of date AH page in about one month.  Just my two cents.

A51

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by Area 51:
People might be turned off by the fact that they would have an out of date AH page in about one month.

I am not talking about the latest game specifics. I am talking about the fact that every two weeks some newbie starts discussing  unfairness of a fact that while he collided and died the other guy was unscathed and how unfare it is.
 The explanation why it happens and why it is handled in this way rates a three page article.
 That is just one example.

miko

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 01-31-2001).]

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
A while back I wrote up a tech support faq.  About 1/2 of the faq file on HTC's is directly copied from my post.  

Trust me, if you make up a nice faq post; HTC will add it to their faq.

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS