Author Topic: Knights can't win!  (Read 4158 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Knights can't win!
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
I have a heard time believing that's true but at the same time sounds like some BS HTC would actually implement.
  will will people learn that a cv group is not a base--it is a weapon.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »
 Quote from: Widewing on Yesterday at 12:31:32 PM
It could be by perking some ordnance.

I have always been a friend of this thought and was eagerly awaiting the once promised perked ordnance system... which never happened.  

Quote from: Widewing on Yesterday at 12:31:32 PM
It could be by perk penalizing bomb and bail players.  

Too many ways to get around it. A few years ago even HT himself opened a thread about it askign for suggestions. Every 'solution' that came up was either not workign at all or had serious downsides.
i don't think perking the ords is a good idea--that would be to much like "x-box-playstation"game to me.you already have to pay perks for certen tanks and planes----why should i have to pay for ords..it's not right.-----AND if you start penalizing bomb and bail players they WILL quit--because you are telling them to play the game your way. and thats not right
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:37:51 PM by lunatic1 »
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
I was Co alt/E with a Pony D the other day iwas in a Bravo. The guy immediately turned and dived away then ran like the wind.
When two of his buddies showed up higher,he reached down and discovered his (as Shida would put it) 'deploy balls lever', I died in the subsequent 3 up hoping melee.
When.I looked who it was they had a K/D of 10:1+
Score is a load of Tosh, especially in that case

names need names....
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »

Wow... Widewing is making a bunch of them mad this week. As I said in another thread, Widewing is one of the nicest guys you'll meet within Aces High. What gives him credibility is the fact he is one of the most knowledgeable regarding historical aviation within the Aces High community and even beyond.

That said, I'll put my money on Widewing in the duel.

your mr niceguy is quite the condescending troll lately  :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2014, 04:09:49 PM »
Back on subject, it was a hard fought battle by all sides last night.  I really enjoyed it. :cheers:

All's I did was build several guys perk piles.  It will soon be payback time. :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

Not close, WW just provided a needed, lightly pressured smack down on the deserving.  Not his fault some carry over the butt hurt from the game to the forums.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
Not close, WW just provided a needed, lightly pressured smack down on the deserving. 
Not the first time it has happened to poor old poison  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2014, 05:32:17 PM »
A game where people have thousands of posts denying noobs wishes and picking on people, and they wonder why this game has so few players...

BBS is a waste of time, won't see me on here anymore
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:55 PM »
He made it to 17 posts before bailing. Personally I haven't had time to read the thousands of posts you refer to so I'll just take your word for it.

Oh and adios

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »
I love women.  :cheers:
Top Gun

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
A game where people have thousands of posts denying noobs wishes and picking on people, and they wonder why this game has so few players...

BBS is a waste of time, won't see me on here anymore

FYI, players do not deny "noob wishes".  If you post something here and I don't agree with them, should I then hold my opinion so only people you agree with should post.  Think about it, many of us have played this game for years and HiTech has run it for years.  I find it condescending that a new player should think his ideas should have much weight.  Most of us have seen the same wishes over and over again and know they would not be good for the game.

Did you get a chance to fly the FSO on Friday Poison?  If so, what did you think about it?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 05:54:22 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2014, 06:55:42 PM »

I've known Widewing for about 6 years now, and he is one of the more level headed guys in AH. He is just responding to some of the most inane complaints regarding his style of game play.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2014, 06:49:32 PM »
Heed some good advise.
Poison, you still should take WW / tredlite up on his offer to meet you in either the TA or da ...

If his offer is still on the table... Let him observe, evaluate then let him let you know on things you are doing right, doing wrong and how you can go about improving on certain aspects...

Also, I recommend you and everyone else, to take the notion of knowing how good your opponent might be by looking at their current score or even looking at their long time stats... and erase that thought process from your mind!

A great many of the worst or lower scoring players, are actually better than most who have a score rank 800/900/1000 or better...

I think you would walk away with some excellent tips from WW and would have a new found appreciation as well...

Cheers

TC