Author Topic: learning 109 g6  (Read 1180 times)

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
Re: learning 109 g6
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
I have been trying different load outs and what not the past couple days, it has to be my mind set knowing that the gondies add weight and hurt performance so I am easier on the stick, but I stall MORE without them then I do with.  I have been loading out 50% fuel and a drop tank with the gondies, I do ok not good and not horrible.  Without the gondolas, I am constantly pull too hard on the stick and get a high speed stall.  lol Rot, my gunnery stinks when I am on a straight on 6 shot, but getting WAY better at snap shots  :headscratch:  I have learned that usually 1 or 2 notches of flaps is plenty when in a fight, they dont roll to the right at a slow speed with power applied at all(maybe I am doing it wrong?), use LOTS of rudder while fighting.

The 109 tends to flip around easily if you pull too hard on the stick, but if you practice that move and learn to compensate and balance the plane with the rudder you will learn the plane alot faster I think. Just push it hard and try to figure out what it does, and then figure out how you can counter that with rudder and ailerons (and trottle). Then you will get a really good feel of the plane I think. Might come in handy when you get in a stressed situation.
TheStig