Author Topic: This game is dead unless things change  (Read 9316 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: This game is dead unless things change
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »
Hmmmmm :noid
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2014, 08:01:26 PM »
There are probably squads that do that.  Me, I'm not much of a squad player, as I like to log on whenever, play some wherever I want on the map, etc.  I don't get as much time to play these days as I would like, so I'm just on sporadically when I can.

You sound like a perfect fit, Brooke. Ya'know, I kinda took for granted, all these years, that you were in a permanent squad home (no, not THAT kinda home).

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:30 PM »
Thanks, Arlo.  I was in a squad (4th FG Eagles).  I noticed I'm not in it as of a few days ago.  Not sure if that's intentional or not, but wasn't the greatest squad member because of my sporadic schedule and just sort of flying around doing my own thing, so I wouldn't blame them if they did indeed boot me out.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »
Two weeks on the cheap seems awfully short to be predicting the doom of the game. Never heard that before from a total new guy.

Gawd Ive been here for years and am still totally thrilled by the new bomber just introduced.

Forks use of language makes me think he's not so new as he might say. If he is maybe he should pay for a month before predicting the Armageddon of Aces High.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:46 PM »
Any thing difficult gives longevity...
takes time to get good...thats the buzz
I love a good challenge to get my teeth into
anything too brief bores me quickly..
I dont really Subscribe to a throw away culture
give me a challenge any day
thanks HTC...its what you do
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline FORK2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »
Arlo, there is a difference between challenging and too complex... All I'm saying is that, as a change, perhaps there ought to be a "basic" arena where you have mid air spawns,  massive AI bomber raids on a city, (where you could join the bomber stream or try to shoot em down?) or just fight it out in a massive fur ball over a town? The stalls could be turned off AS AN OPTION (not climb to infinity but hang on your prop at the same alt until you move the stick around) thereby giving another guy who has not stalled a chance to shoot you down while you hang on your prop in midair listening to the buzzer lol.

Bustr...sensitivity training? If that's your view WTF did you bother to read the thread? Maybe YOU should go somewhere else and leave your thoughts to yourself. WTF do you care what my opinion is and Why should I care what your's is?
Get the picture Bustr? If the game wasn't declining perhaps your views would not matter, but, when there are less than 25 guys to a team in the late war arena during the day and finally some newbie shows up... you keep on being a sarcastic D*ck, it'll drive him out the game after two weeks every time. So you just keep right on shooting your clueless mouth off, soon, VERY soon, you'll be the only one in a room no one cares to be in.....because you're in it.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »
Arlo, there is a difference between challenging and too complex... All I'm saying is that, as a change, perhaps there ought to be a "basic" arena where you have mid air spawns,  massive AI bomber raids on a city, (where you could join the bomber stream or try to shoot em down?) or just fight it out in a massive fur ball over a town? The stalls could be turned off AS AN OPTION (not climb to infinity but hang on your prop at the same alt until you move the stick around) thereby giving another guy who has not stalled a chance to shoot you down while you hang on your prop in midair listening to the buzzer lol.

You're describing what Fighter Ace was.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
Halo, of course you're correct. Not all my ideas are sound, and may have been around for a while. They do not have to be agreed with. I was merely attempting to spark ideas and conversation.

Two points however I think are valid. One is try to be nicer to the new guys and the other is the game could be simpler to learn.

No one wants to spends hours in a practice room to be shot down 30 seconds into gameplay because no one on his side gives a fig whether he goes down or not. You think a check six does anything for a newbie other than panic him? Too often that's happened to me when there wasn't anyone in miles.  I've also been used as bait so some experienced player can vulch kills when the other side gets too over eager to jump on my easy to kill behind! And the longer I don't know anything the easier the pickings are as he doesn't say squat cept on his own channel while he and his buddies laugh ( and use) the newbie.

No one wants to be treated like a fool for his own team! and that sir is why your game is dying. Too many prettythangholes!

I laugh, because if you looked at my history of posts when I started playing I had the same issues. Unfortunately, there is a fine line to keeping the game playable. Stay off of 200, use the squelch function for certain players and report those that go too far, the owners will take action. All you can do is what I do, try to be nice and hope someone notices and does likewise. The only other option is quitting, and that is your decision. Even if you do, I bet you will be back in a month or two because the game gets under your skin and is hard to just say goodbye to. I have tried, I don't play often anymore for some of the reasons you dislike, but in the end there are a lot more great people than the other kind, the problem is theirs and eventually they will learn the hard way. This really is a pretty tame community compared to most of the others. Well, have fun and good luck with what ever you decide.
Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »

Bustr...sensitivity training? If that's your view WTF did you bother to read the thread? Maybe YOU should go somewhere else and leave your thoughts to yourself. WTF do you care what my opinion is and Why should I care what your's is?
Get the picture Bustr? If the game wasn't declining perhaps your views would not matter, but, when there are less than 25 guys to a team in the late war arena during the day and finally some newbie shows up... you keep on being a sarcastic D*ck, it'll drive him out the game after two weeks every time. So you just keep right on shooting your clueless mouth off, soon, VERY soon, you'll be the only one in a room no one cares to be in.....because you're in it.

You talk about people being rude and bellybutton hats yet you post something like a rude bellybutton hat so what's the difference?  Bustr is a squadmate and a very helpful and nice when people ask for information or something else, he'll go out of his way to help you.

It doesn't matter to me if  you stay or you leave, that's up to you.   what he meant by sensitivity training is don't take everything in the MA serious at all theres way too many egos in there to get caught up in the channel 200 drama.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:46:43 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
It's the economy. Foodstamps don't cover game play. Millions of jobs no longer exist and then you have people working 2 part-time jobs or more. When you're exhausted there is no time to play. I know at one point I had to leave the game. Just didn't have the 14.95 anywhere. Thankfully I found a job 2 years ago after a ton of applications and doing a couple of really good things during my layoff.

I'm quite satisfied how the game has evolved and continues to evolve. It's amazing to me how Hitech continuously upgrades the game.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:57:20 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »
Meh. I tried. Actually had hope for the new guy. Time to step back and reassess.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
I...we....who...what???  Is it the end of the world...again?
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
Can I be a dick?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
Can I be a dick?

Let her rip tater chip.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2014, 10:26:15 PM »

The problem with that (if it is a problem from your perspective) is that limited realism arenas dominate when they are an option and that is followed by people going where the numbers are.  You end up with a heavily populated limited realism arena and a nearly empty full realism arena.

That is fine and all, but it would a very sad thing for those of us who prefer full realism.  There isn't any other home to go to right now for us.

If you like, you can turn on the stall limiter in the existing arena, you just won't have quite as much control as those without it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-