Author Topic: Ergonomics of Aces High  (Read 2553 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ergonomics of Aces High
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
 :O

try tattooing for 25 years :cry

but for AH i got a good office chair that sits back...i dont have to lean in anymore :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »
Any possibility, at all, that you could perhaps say something constructive, or alternatively, constructively shut the hell up, beginning to sound a little Barry The Stalker :old:

I offer fact based research with anecdotally supported evidence.  I have flown for many many tours 300+ hours each, achieved near top 5% status from said thousands of hours of flying, and never experienced back problems.   :)

Can you not see the constructive value of said post? :headscratch:

Must you disparage? :huh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »
:O

try tattooing for 25 years :cry

but for AH i got a good office chair that sits back...i dont have to lean in anymore :aok

Do you still tattoo? my brother has really gotten into it over the past few years, all over his arms, back and shoulders.

I saw a guy in Afghan. had a full back George and Dragon, over the George Cross on his back that was done in the States and was stunning work.

Spent years in the military and I was the only guy in my troop with no tats :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
Do you still tattoo? my brother has really gotten into it over the past few years, all over his arms, back and shoulders.

I saw a guy in Afghan. had a full back George and Dragon, over the George Cross on his back that was done in the States and was stunning work.

Spent years in the military and I was the only guy in my troop with no tats :headscratch:

I do :aok

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »
Is it the skin as a medium that attracts you rather than canvas or paper
The GFC

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
I took a drivers seat from a Jaguar and had my brother sort a transformer so every axis is adjustable.

Luxury car seats will kick the crap out of household seats every day of the week :old:

Sounds nice is it heated?
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »
Is it the skin as a medium that attracts you rather than canvas or paper

well years ago I saw it as a living art....way different then paper.....I Loved Tattooing.

now a days its just about the money.....

personally I cant stand how common they have become..the fad....Tattoos are not a fad...they are forever.

If I was rich I would only tattoo family and friends....I was doing just that for awhile  but....gotta make that money.  :bhead

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 06:01:50 PM »
well years ago I saw it as a living art....way different then paper.....I Loved Tattooing.

now a days its just about the money.....

personally I cant stand how common they have become..the fad....Tattoos are not a fad...they are forever.

If I was rich I would only tattoo family and friends....I was doing just that for awhile  but....gotta make that money.  :bheadjavascript:void(0);

Everyone has them, when i first refused to have one they were rare  :rofl

Spent my time in the police and military since 1993, many a drunken conversation that could very well have lent itself to a Margueritaville moment
The GFC

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
 Grizz,

the simple answer is if you have a problem it's always going to be a problem! You can help yourself though,get a chair that you can mount your controls to so you dont have to reach.
 Most computer/office chairs have padded arms,remove the pads and attach some shelves/platforms to the arms to mount your stick and throttle to so you can sit back and opperate the controls. If you use pedals,mount them to a piece of plywood and make a couple of holes that you can place the chair wheels into,then you wont chase the pedals around!

Mntman made a nice setup that mounted to his chair,I think it could easily be removed if needed also!   If you search the help and training forum I think you can find a pic or two of how he did his.

Having a chronic ...pain condition I understand what you're going through!

:salute

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 06:34:15 PM »
:old: :old: :old:

I'm starting to develop some back issues leaning forward playing as I get older, in particular, in my upper back where I have a nerve that is being pinched near my scapula.  It's getting to the point where I can only fly for about an hour before I can't concentrate anymore.  Any suggestions?

:old: :old: :old:

you must not do enough drugs then.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
Hunched over the controls like a Goblin... *tuts*
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
Good ideas so far. I think the one that would work for me best so far is getting a bigger monitor and leaning back to fly, since this gives me relief, versus hunched over eyeballing tater angles.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 06:40:31 PM »
Good ideas so far. I think the one that would work for me best so far is getting a bigger monitor and leaning back to fly, since this gives me relief, versus hunched over eyeballing tater angles.

You know that when you get that good fight going you will be leaning forward right away though  :neener:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 06:49:29 PM »
You know that when you get that good fight going you will be leaning forward right away though  :neener:

Doing so on those occasions is much easier if you relaxed at a near 135 deg angle the rest of the time.  Like I said, it works for me.  :aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 07:19:24 PM »
Rather than moving yourself to your monitor, it may work far better to be able to move the monitor to you.
Perhaps something such as a canteliever monitor mount. It would allow you to move the screen closer to you and put it at an optimal angle when you are playing AH, and you can easily adjust it back afterwards.

Here is an example.