Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »
Not anymore, but I grant you it's a good point.

A follow-up question:  Do you show mercy to those who say foolish things on 200?  

:D

200 is a constant display of people who say foolish things. If I responded to it I'd never have a chance to fly.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2014, 01:08:18 AM »
200 is a constant display of people who say foolish things. If I responded to it I'd never have a chance to fly.

:lol Oh come on, Bear.  Not every time for sure.... but I've seen you and others flay and fricassee some for far, far less.

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2014, 01:11:58 AM »
Quoting yourself? Same here. :D

Not normally.  I did so because I realized MrGeezer might have a plausible answer for the question I posed.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2014, 01:20:53 AM »
:lol Oh come on, Bear.  Not every time for sure.... but I've seen you and others flay and fricassee some for far, far less.

Every time? No. If something is directed at me I will respond, but I type on 200 infrequently. You obviously don't follow channel 200 much or you would see it being used by many to "flay and fricassee" others every few minutes. Were you voted to be the moral compass of the community? I didn't get the memo.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2014, 01:22:12 AM »
Not normally.  I did so because I realized MrGeezer might have a plausible answer for the question I posed.

Just curious as I have seen you do it before.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:50 AM »
Lusche should make a pie graph of a breakdown of the number of posts per user in this thread so fulcrum can see how much fluff he has contributed. The number of words would be a good one too.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2014, 09:24:41 AM »
Sorry if it has been brought up already. Before I post my idea I will let you know that I just thought about it very shortly so there may be some flaws.

What if we had a system as to where we could switch sides every 1 hour only at off peak times? 

Something else that I'm sure could be coded, what if there was a system that when numbers got to a certain low threshold, they could have it be enabled to allow switching until numbers reballanced? 

Once again this isn't thought out. But, I figured since very little positive input that Grizz was talking about was put into this thread I might as well contribute something in the right direction.

When I flew a lot I hated the 12 hour switch time just sayin'.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2014, 10:19:39 AM »
And unfortunately your being able to do so with 'yer budz' might impact the "Let's take some bases / Win the map for Mother Chess Piece" crowd.  So unless someone is willing to come up with a reasonable compromise (i.e. the aforementioned "press button, go to lowest side" idea) ....we are back to square one.

ad infinitum...

Going way back here in the thread, but how does allowing players to change sides more frequently impact the "lets take some bases" crowd?  I'm asking for the logistics here, not philosophical fluff.  Please explain.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #248 on: April 18, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »
Going way back here in the thread, but how does allowing players to change sides more frequently impact the "lets take some bases" crowd?  I'm asking for the logistics here, not philosophical fluff.  Please explain.

It affects them thus, If they happen to fail at taking said base then they have the immediate and palpable excuse that Grizz was on our side 20 minutes ago, and now he just killed the 32 jugs, 17 bombers and 47 goons in our mission!

It is very unfair

Mind you now, the 96 attackers in this mission was NOT unfair in the least to them, in fact it should have been 97 but you Grizz, just you changed sides and swung the balance unfairly!

You're a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaad man!

:aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: April 18, 2014, 11:00:53 AM »
It affects them thus, If they happen to fail at taking said base then they have the immediate and palpable excuse that Grizz was on our side 20 minutes ago, and now he just killed the 32 jugs, 17 bombers and 47 goons in our mission!

It is very unfair

Mind you now, the 96 attackers in this mission was NOT unfair in the least to them, in fact it should have been 97 but you Grizz, just you changed sides and swung the balance unfairly!

You're a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaad man!

:aok

JUGgler
:lol  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #250 on: April 18, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
Lusche should make a pie graph of a breakdown of the number of posts per user in this thread so fulcrum can see how much fluff he has contributed. The number of words would be a good one too.

I can see feelings were hurt.  I apologize. 

I should not have used JUGGler's own words to point out the glaringly obvious.

Enjoy the High Road.   :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: April 18, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Well I thought I contributed something positive. It seems as if people still continue to derail the original motive.  People always have to have the last word.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »
Well I thought I contributed something positive. It seems as if people still continue to derail the original motive.  People always have to have the last word.

Ace, your suggestion has a much merit as any I've seen.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »
I can see feelings were hurt.  I apologize. 

I should not have used JUGGler's own words to point out the glaringly obvious.

Enjoy the High Road.   :salute
Apparently there are hurt feelings, but not ours.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »
 :rofl   omg bear76 is tooling on you guys..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear