Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9488 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #300 on: April 19, 2014, 11:46:01 AM »
Changeup seems to have a lot of experience with being shocked, so he may be desensitized by now. :airplane:  :aok

Yes, I'm still shocked at your lack of skill after all the hours you've spent playing the game
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #301 on: April 19, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
Welcome to the party. Unfortunately most the guests have already left, the cake is gone, and the keg is empty.
Hoplite still has candy in his creeper van
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2014, 11:48:30 AM »
Yes, I'm still shocked at your lack of skill after all the hours you've spent chatting like a lonely woman on 200
Fixed

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2014, 11:51:59 AM »
You can tell me where and when and I'll be happy to let you judge for yourself.

this sounds like a challenge Dale..... heres a good bet if changeup barfs you wont change the side switch time BUT if changeup doesnt barf you change it to 4 hours ???????   winner winner chicken dinner.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »
Yes, I'm still shocked at your lack of skill after all the hours you've spent playing the game

Pwning roughly 95% of pilots, at will, in random 1v1 encounters in-game is far from "lack of skill". Hearing HiTech cry "mommy" on 200 as I downed his three bombers in my mighty Spitfire is certainly not due to a "lack of skill". :joystick:

Downing Shane, with substantial frequency by his own admission, is not "lack of skill". Downing Debroby in one turn when he said I couldn't last three is not "lack of skill".

Must I dig up all the old posts of pilots stating that I am a good fighter pilot?  Must I?  :headscratch:

On second thought I'll just ignore your silly "lack of skill" statement and let it roll off my back. :)

Lack of skill, indeed.  :rolleyes:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »
Pwning roughly 95% of pilots, at will, in random 1v1 encounters in-game is far from "lack of skill". Hearing HiTech cry "mommy" on 200 as I downed his three bombers in my mighty Spitfire is certainly not due to a "lack of skill". :joystick:

Downing Shane, with substantial frequency by his own admission, is not "lack of skill". Downing Debroby in one turn when he said I couldn't last three is not "lack of skill".

Must I dig up all the old posts of pilots stating that I am a good fighter pilot?  Must I?  :headscratch:

On second thought I'll just ignore your silly "lack of skill" statement and let it roll off my back. :)

Lack of skill, indeed.  :rolleyes:

Pwning the 95% doesn't make you skilled, lol.  Pwning the 5% does.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #306 on: April 19, 2014, 12:39:08 PM »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #307 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Pwning the 95% doesn't make you skilled, lol.  Pwning the 5% does.

You'll be shocked, I say shocked, to know that pwning the 95% obviously makes me skilled, by any reasonable person's definition, and pwning the 5% would simply make me the best.   :joystick:

There is a wide gap between being highly skilled nuff to pwn 95% and being the best #1 pilot winning three TOCs. Bruv knows. Bruv knows indeed.  :aok

Consider yourself as standing corrected.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #308 on: April 19, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »
You'll be shocked, I say shocked, to know that pwning the 95% obviously makes me skilled, by any reasonable person's definition,

You forget to factor in your choice of aircraft. Also your statement implies a simplistic linear curve.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »

You forget to factor in your choice of aircraft. Also your statement implies a simplistic linear curve.

I forgot no such thing.

Everyone can choose whatever aeroplane they like in the MA, and obviously with me saying there is a wide gap from pwning the 95% at will, to being the best implies far from a linear curve... exponential or log normal with a long tail would be more accurate.

Now, more than nuff said about Changeup's disparagement of my skii.  :)

Truth is truth and cannot be denied, for very long.  :old:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 12:59:06 PM by Midway »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
You'll be shocked, I say shocked, to know that pwning the 95% obviously makes me skilled, by any reasonable person's definition, and pwning the 5% would simply make me the best.   :joystick:

There is a wide gap between being highly skilled nuff to pwn 95% and being the best #1 pilot winning three TOCs. Bruv knows. Bruv knows indeed.  :aok

Consider yourself as standing corrected.  :old:

You've been weighed, measured and left wanting little Midway.  With your time in the drivers seat, you should be lethal to all in the Spits but you are not.   

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »
I forgot no such thing.

Everyone can choose whatever aeroplane they like in the MA, and obviously with me saying there is a wide gap from pwning the 95% at will, to being the best implies far from a linear curve... exponential or log normal with a long tail would be more accurate.

Now, more than nuff said about Changeup's disparagement of my skii.  :)

Truth is truth and cannot be denied, for very long.  :old:
You were horrible when I played under my regular name, and pretty recently, you were horrible when I went against you with my shade. Hell, ive thrown my joystick across the room mid flight and performed better ACMs than you've ever done. You've found your calling. Just stick to the tower jocking and 200 nonsense. You seem to be a tad bit better with words than a joystick.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »
Everyone can choose whatever aeroplane they like in the MA,

That's true, but then you are more discussing results than skill.

So you do see a non-linear progression. How do you propose to climb the increasing angle, with geometrically increasing practice hours?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #313 on: April 19, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
You've been weighed, measured and left wanting little Midway.  With your time in the drivers seat, you should be lethal to all in the Spits but you are not.  

95% is pretty darn close to all when looked at from a distance and purely based on number of pilots.  Take out a measuring tape, pull it to 95 inches or centimeters, reflect on the length of the tape in front of you, then, after you've reflected, pull it out 5 more inches or centimeters and you'll see the size isn't noticeably bigger.  

Having done so myself just now, I can tell you it will give you a proper perspective.

It is too bad that the last five inches or centimeters is so hard to pull and takes so long to achieve, and I admit to the likes of a pilot like a triple TOC winner, I am but a toy to their awesome skills.

I have made great progress, verified by many via pwnage delivered, and certainly have significant skill  :joystick:

Now, way more than nuff said.  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:31:39 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #314 on: April 19, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
That's true, but then you are more discussing results than skill.

So you do see a non-linear progression. How do you propose to climb the increasing angle, with geometrically increasing practice hours?

A very very good question, Nrshida... and a true example of your occasionally expressed genius. You are a wise person, Nrshida.

I do not know the answer and I simply cannot exponentially increase my practice time.  I was already at my limit with 350 hrs in a tour.  Ergo seeing an overwhelming wall in front of me, I decided to step back, in addition to ROC telling me I wasn't welcome any longer, to consider my way.

When I figure it out or when I believe I have a chance to be in the top 1% with a reasonable amount of effort, I will return. Until then, I have to direct my passion elsewhere.

Passion directed at an insurmountable obstacle is passion wasted.  :old:

PS:  Now, way way more than nuff said. Back to the topic at hand, side switch times.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:34:09 PM by Midway »