Author Topic: Side switch times  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: Side switch times
« Reply #315 on: April 19, 2014, 01:36:24 PM »
Hoplite still has candy in his creeper van

Thank you both for taking a private dispute between former friends...one for which I am ashamed, have profusely apologized,  acknowledged I was to blame, and have attempted several times to make what restitution I can. Thank you for dragging it into a conversation about side switching times.

I understand that this forum can be a rough place at times.....but there are limits and lines one does not cross. Where I draw the line is using that situation to imply I'm a child molester and/or sexual predictor prowling for victims in "my candy van".  I am neither.  Hopefully my son will never read these posts.

I am not perfect.  I'm human and have my flaws. I am a father and husband.  I'm not the best at either but I try my best.  I go to church on Sunday and pray to my maker for forgiveness for my many mistakes and weaknesses. I try to be a good friend...and have failed miserably at this for at least one person recently to my shame. I always try to apologize when I am wrong or when I hurt someones feelings. I'm no saint but I try to be a good person...and succeed sometimes. I also loved this game and the community....but this implication is something that will follow me forever now.  

So thanks again....much appreciated.  

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #316 on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »
95% is pretty darn close to all when looked at from a distance and purely based on number of pilots.  Take out a measuring tape, pull it to 95 inches or centimeters, reflect on the length of the tape in front of you, then, after you've reflected, pull it out 5 more inches or centimeters and you'll see the size isn't noticeably bigger.  

Having done so myself just now, I can tell you it will give you a proper perspective.

It is too bad that the last five inches or centimeters is so hard to pull and takes so long to achieve, and I admit to the likes of a pilot like a triple TOC winner, I am but a toy to their awesome skills.

I have made great progress, verified by many via pwnage delivered, and certainly have significant skill  :joystick:

Now, way more than nuff said.  :)

You are skillful at one thing ma'am....rationalizing.  Great job lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #317 on: April 19, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »

Passion directed at an insurmountable obstacle is passion wasted.  :old:

Actually, this is called quitting, accepting failure, rationalizing an unaccomplished goal.  Nothing more, nothing less.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: April 19, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »
Blah  
Tell you now, dont be a bustr and post a wall of **** if you want me to read what you type.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:47:03 PM by BiPoLaR »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
Actually, this is called quitting, accepting failure, rationalizing an unaccomplished goal.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I call it reallocating resources after succeeding to pwn roughly 95%, at will.  A notable accomplishment.  :aok
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:57:27 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
I call it relocating resources after succeeding to pwn roughly 95%, at will.  A notable accomplishment.  :aok
LOL really??
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
A very very good question, Nrshida... and a true example of your occasionally expressed genius. You are a wise person, Nrshida.

Yes thank you. It appears I am an idiot savant.

I was already at my limit with 350 hrs in a tour.

:eek: :eek: :eek:  Good grief! Over a month's tour that's an average of 11.7 hours a day including weekends. How can you find your flying logs per tour?

but this implication is something that will follow me forever now.  

It takes more that just slinging poo to make it stick buddy. Just ignore it. On the AH forum a personal attack is a go to technique in an irreconcilable difference of opinion. One of my Professors told me something sublimely wise recently: don't argue with people who see things differently to you  :salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2014, 01:57:06 PM »
I also loved this game and the community....but this implication is something that will follow me forever now.  

So thanks again....much appreciated.  

:huh

I don't know you that well but do you really have such thin skin that someone posting a stupid picture sends you into justifying your self worth?  Cmon man grow a pair.  I can see why you did not last as a Muppet now even though I have not the slightest shred of detail what happened.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2014, 01:58:41 PM »
LOL really??

Sorry, my mistake.  Should read "reallocating resources"

Fixed.

Thank you.  :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »
:eek: :eek: :eek:  Good grief! Over a month's tour that's an average of 11.7 hours a day including weekends. How can you find your flying logs per tour?

That was easy, I didn't keep logs since spending time improving skills and pwning was far more important.  :aok

Now, way way way more than nuff said. :old:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:19:07 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: April 19, 2014, 02:05:34 PM »
 :salute FPH Grizz  :rock
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:58:23 PM by Midway »

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: April 19, 2014, 02:07:30 PM »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #327 on: April 19, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
That was easy, I didn't keep logs since spending time improving skills and pwning was far more important.  :aok

Most days I have trouble concentrating for 11.7 minutes a day, that's why I normally do several things at once, like Megladon's 'Whack a Kitty' GIF  :rofl

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2014, 02:25:39 PM »
Sorry, my mistake.  Should read "reallocating resources"

Fixed.

Thank you.  :salute
:salute lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
Pwning the 95% doesn't make you skilled, lol.  Pwning the 5% does.

Bullseye.

You'll be shocked, I say shocked, to know that pwning the 95% obviously makes me skilled

No, dear boy, the 95% in game are not equal to the 5%.

The 5% consists of many children and players that started as children. Their skill level stems from the fact that they started their AH careers as sponges with lightning reflexes. Those who did not start as children, for whatever reason, were able to play the countless hours necessary to master this game.

The 95% are normal people who don't spend unrestricted hours playing this game. They have lives and families that don't allow them to master cartoon skills.

Saying that you "pwn"... (<--in the ridiculous childish vocabulary that seems to infests the rocks in your head and probably the poison that prevents your understanding of the world around you) ...the other 95% is equatable to clubbing baby seals, though in this case they are who they are for valid reasons and mostly don't care enough to show you how average you are.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod