Author Topic: view question  (Read 573 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
view question
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:41:46 AM »
I was reading a post on external views and remembered a question I forgot about. How does the padlock target work? Do "you" use it, and when? last one, does it work with track ir? Ok, think that's all my questions    :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: view question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:53:40 AM »
I was reading a post on external views and remembered a question I forgot about. How does the padlock target work? Do "you" use it, and when? last one, does it work with track ir? Ok, think that's all my questions    :salute

People from Fighter Ace love padlock simply because it was a staple in the game...

If you hit F11 "I think it's F11 for the view" then hit "TAB" to highlight a target, it will automatically pan for you... However a drawback is the stability provided by instant view...

It doesn't compete with track-ir...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
Re: view question
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
 No it doesn't work with TrackIR, and I don't recommend using it. it locks your view onto the selected target, and if that target is staying above your canopy.. it's very easy to get  disoriented and fly right into the ground. If you have trackIR this function is useless anyway.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers