Author Topic: What "We" Really Want  (Read 7760 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: What "We" Really Want
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
Thanks for reminding me Arlo.  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
The problem is you are not thinking ahead. First off, Nvidia does not charge companies to implement CUDA.

https://developer.nvidia.com/

It's obvious you didn't spend anytime thinking about that. I mean, who would buy a card that no one supports?

Second, only HTC can tell you how many man hours adding this into their code would take. I would bet it's not as hard as you think it is.

Third, a check box certainly works in other games. Have you ever chosen between DirectX and OpenGL? Just add CUDA.

Fourth, the $3k card is just the first to be discussed. Every generation of card that comes down the line will add power and capability. Adding the capability to expand to greater possibilities at this point (when HTC is updating a great deal of the code) only makes sense. Otherwise, it would add even more delay and development time later. Any argument to the contrary only holds AH back.

nobody is saying not to do it in the future.  what we are saying is why do it now when perhaps only 2 or 3 players, if that, will take advantage of it.  is it a  good return on coading time investment?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Semp,

A change is about to happen to the game. During times of change, there is always jockeying for new positions by people hoping to become the new mavens of hip. The OP is already trying to own the future by labeling anyone who disagrees with him as a construct of the irrelevant past.

"I'm not going to dignify that, except to say that sort of thinking needs to stop."

Hope and Change anyone........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
... the new mavens of hip.

I foresee a new squad.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »
The whole reason AH is seeing an exodus is because of people like you. You are boring and intellectual dishonest. You seldom (I would guess never) have anything positive to add to any discussion.

Remind me never to encourage you to reach for the stars again.  :cry
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 02:48:48 AM »
It's just that you always bring up money, like you don't have any or something. Just get a job man!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
since not many people can afford a 3k video card.  when your wish becomes mainstream (if it ever does) I am pretty sure ah will support it but for now why ask for something that maybe 2 or 3 players will use?

semp

Anyone with a Nvidia GFX 8xxxx or greater video card will be able to use CUDA and PhysX, so its not only limited to a '2 or 3 players'.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
I think some missed the point. It isn't about the graphics it's about being able to replace graphic art with physics simulation. Which is huge.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 01:45:18 AM »
When I say "we" I don't mean the propeller heads, or the steel jockeys, I mean gamers. When HTC publishes the work they have in the previews, as in recent days, we get to see the direction they are moving. That's really great and I am excited to see a move in that direction. Still, what "we" really want is just coming into being now (meaning it is now possible), but the problem is not every user has a system capable of the state-of-the-art physics simulations. So, my wish is for a user-selectable option to allow for the CUDA physics simulations as shown by Jen-Hsun Huang at the most recent Technology Conference. I know not everyone can afford a $3k card, but I know one day this will be mainstream. Smoke, fire, water, lighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XISqvBVyASo
wow..I'm speechless..except to say..GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 02:36:12 AM »
You cannot see the fire nor the water from 30k+.
"We"   lol
See how poor the gameplay is with this low numbers and the lack of fights, see how crappy the 110 looks yet wish for super realistic smoke simulation for the users with a 3k$ gpu - try playing crysis3 or something like that.
maybe...
AoM
City of ice

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 02:38:07 AM »
You cannot see the fire nor the water from 30k+.
"We"   lol
See how poor the gameplay is with this low numbers and the lack of fights, see how crappy the 110 looks yet wish for super realistic smoke simulation for the users with a 3k$ gpu - try playing crysis3 or something like that.
maybe...

Respectfully, you dont play, so why are you worried?

Just a thought :old:

"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 02:46:28 AM »
I think some missed the point. It isn't about the graphics it's about being able to replace graphic art with physics simulation. Which is huge.

Exactly. Ideally we could have a slider that would allow each user to set how much they dedicate to physics, versus graphics. That would be for HTC to flesh out.

Ack-Ack while what you say is true it is also true that this is Nvidia specific, and while the 8800 (3##, 4##) and above support CUDA, the early GPU drivers are only CUDA version 1.0. Even Titan is only version 3.5, while Maxwell (750 Ti, & 8##, and apparently Titan Z) are version 5.0.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 05:50:32 AM »
Anyone with a Nvidia GFX 8xxxx or greater video card will be able to use CUDA and PhysX, so its not only limited to a '2 or 3 players'.

ack-ack
And anyone with ANYTHING AMD won't.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 06:19:02 AM »
And anyone with ANYTHING AMD won't.

:uhoh :cry
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 06:59:22 AM »
It's just that you always bring up money, like you don't have any or something. Just get a job man!

reality check, those companies that didn't worry about money, no longer exists, unless they were banks.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes