Author Topic: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR  (Read 7221 times)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
Re: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »
win/win for a user only forum.

Bad business move right there.

I think HTC got their point across today with all the smacking around that happened.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2014, 01:56:35 PM »
Bad business move right there.

I think HTC got their point across today with all the smacking around that happened.

^
Sadly BP...you just made my point man.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
So, let's fix it.

I'd rather fix it by creating a place for actual players to contribute and not dig through tons of ramprage .....

I doubt that you can fend off the trolls in a public area. They change IP, name and back they are.

The public part always will be like that, venting off ingame suckage or trying to excuse yourself for it.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
I'd rather fix it by creating a place for actual players to contribute and not dig through tons of ramprage .....

I doubt that you can fend off the trolls in a public area. They change IP, name and back they are.

The public part always will be like that, venting off ingame suckage or trying to excuse yourself for it.

This.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2014, 02:17:08 PM »
You get them no matter what you do.

The only way to defeat a troll is to ignore them.  I know that is not going to happen, based on personal observations, but it would be really cool to see sometime.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
You get them no matter what you do.

The only way to defeat a troll is to ignore them.  I know that is not going to happen, based on personal observations, but it would be really cool to see sometime.

That would be peachy...like a hemi charger in my x mas stocking...hitting the lottery...life on mars...

Come on Roy.  It would be cool...no doubt.  But like the above...just a dream man.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2014, 02:21:35 PM »
I agree.  So we play whack-a-troll once in a while.

Closing the board off to potential business is not a choice.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
I agree.  So we play whack-a-troll once in a while.

Thanks for the back and forth.  And the answer.

See folks.  It's easy.  Simple respectful even posting goes a long way.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
I agree.  So we play whack-a-troll once in a while.

Skuzzy, appreciating you putting time in this.

As much as I understand the reasons for the whack-a-troll, it does not contribute anything either than temporarily reducing the number of trolls til they return.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
Most new people need help and this can be the best place for them to reach out for it.

The board should not have to be restricted to those potential players due to the handful which may be problematic.

When I look at the BBS, I easlity can make up the number of PNG's / locked threads a certain forum generates. Who knows, maybe someone has a stat on this.

If these stay public, 1st they do is put bad advertising on AH, 2nd they do not contribute to the game nor the forum.

I wonder how many threads you have locked in Help & Training ( a place where a new customer SHOULD look ). Oçlub and General discussion should be members only, like 200.

I would not call it restricted, I would call it new customer protection.  :D

Would save you a lot of time  ;)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:49:26 PM by McShark »
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Skuzzy, appreciating you putting time in this.

As much as I understand the reasons for the whack-a-troll, it does not contribute anything either than temporarily reducing the number of trolls til they return.

There is some truth to that.  However, even a troll gets tired of being bounced, once he locates a better watering hole he will move on.

When I look at the BBS, I easlity can make up the number of PNG's / locked threads a certain forum generates. Who knows, maybe someone has a stat on this.

If these stay public, 1st they do is put bad advertising on AH, 2nd they do not contribute to the game nor the forum.

I wonder how many threads you have locked in Help & Training ( a place where a new customer SHOULD look ). Oçlub and General discussion should be members only, like 200.

I would not call it restricted, I would call it new customer protection.  :D

Would save you a lot of time  ;)

All forums go through a natural cycle of good and bad.  When in the bad cycle, you do what you can to keep it respectful.  It is part of the business.  We know it will cycle around again.

Once you remove the feeding of the drama queens "the sky is falling" routine, things tend to settle back down.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:53:14 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2014, 02:58:45 PM »
There is some truth to that.  However, even a troll gets tired of being bounced, once he locates a better watering hole he will move on.

All forums go through a natural cycle of good and bad.  When in the bad cycle, you do what you can to keep it respectful.  It is part of the business.  We know it will cycle around again.

Once you remove the feeding of the drama queens "the sky is falling" routine, things tend to settle back down.

Well, good luck with it. After all these years you probably have some experience with it.

Yet, I wonder why let the cycle repeat itself over and over again? I would look for a satisfying solution where both sides can live with.

That would mean making progress.

Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
Well, good luck with it. After all these years you probably have some experience with it.

Yet, I wonder why let the cycle repeat itself over and over again? I would look for a satisfying solution where both sides can live with.

That would mean making progress.

this

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
Those cycles would happen, regardless of who or who was not on the board.  It is just the nature of an online community.  People come and go.  The cycles follow.

Hang around long enough and you will see it happen.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
Those cycles would happen, regardless of who or who was not on the board.  It is just the nature of an online community.  People come and go.  The cycles follow.

Hang around long enough and you will see it happen.

No one debates the cycle happens.

Why subject us, the customer base to suffer through a bad forum experience?   New customer work around is simple.

EDIT:  And please dont get me wrong.  Thank the gods for png'ing McMidwho... but the joy it gave me far underwhelms the months and months of pain.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:11:48 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -