Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8561 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2014, 08:13:17 AM »
Record it and go see for yourself I know what I know and F-3 is how they see you even if your are under and behind them at close range. I am sure I would have saw the same magic worked in the MA after 7 years in here. Plus why do you never see the same DA super aces have the same success in the DA? :headscratch:

I don't need to record anything, I already know all about it. I have plenty of films of my own shots which I'm sure you would swear were F3 shots because of your own rigidity and limitations.

You said MOST, and you always say MOST. I know a minority do they even tell me. There's still a lot of H2H guys in there. Everything they gain in view they lose in other areas such as loss of instrumentation. This fact is also consistently glossed over. Your tragic compulsion to state this whenever this topic comes up is bordering on obsession and exactly the point the OP was making.

Use the Furball lake for the useful arena it is and stop b**ching about F3. You should never allow yourself to get into a position where F3 would make a difference to the fight in the first place.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2014, 08:15:22 AM »
You haven't fought them because you don't go to the DA

I don't go to the DA because of F-3. It would interesting to have no F-3 in the DA for a month and see if all the DA super aces have the same success without it. I wanted to fly in the DA when I first got in this game to learn but you can't learn when you have an outside view in F-3. That does not translate into the MA where everything is a cockpit view. You guys who like the DA have at it it is you $14.95 but that kind of thing is not for me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2014, 08:17:59 AM »
R105 I have never used F3 in the DA during any duel, and I'll happily duel you.
I'll even film it live with my software and put it on youtube if you so desire.
You'll see how those shots that get made under the nose are set up and made in real time ;)
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »

I don't go to the DA because of F-3. It would interesting to have no F-3 in the DA for a month and see if all the DA super aces have the same success without it. I wanted to fly in the DA when I first got in this game to learn but you can't learn when you have an outside view in F-3. That does not translate into the MA where everything is a cockpit view. You guys who like the DA have at it it is you $14.95 but that kind of thing is not for me.

I've seen you in there, complaining about F3 on '1 All'  :lol

I had little trouble going from DA to MA. The only adjustment I had to make is that MA pilots typically do not fight to the death but until they lose their advantage, and then escape and two: that the gangs were far more organized and better communicating in the MA.

The same magnitude of lameness can be found in both places. The rest is just snobbery.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »
I don't need to record anything, I already know all about it. I have plenty of films of my own shots which I'm sure you would swear were F3 shots because of your own rigidity and limitations.

You said MOST, and you always say MOST. I know a minority do they even tell me. There's still a lot of H2H guys in there. Everything they gain in view they lose in other areas such as loss of instrumentation. This fact is also consistently glossed over. Your tragic compulsion to state this whenever this topic comes up is bordering on obsession and exactly the point the OP was making.

Use the Furball lake for the useful arena it is and stop b**ching about F3. You should never allow yourself to get into a position where F3 would make a difference to the fight in the first place.

Using F-3 is like aiming a garden hose you just turn it on an adjust it to the target except it is cannon rounds and not water and is an advantage.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »
Using F-3 is like aiming a garden hose you just turn it on an adjust it to the target except it is cannon rounds and not water and is an advantage.

So you keep saying. If you put the same effort into your ACM as you do complaining about F3 being the reason they are so uber, you wouldn't be in that position for it to matter.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »
But that's not what grizz said. He said you can see the views the other player is using in your own film, which you can't.  :)

I understood what he meant to say.  It's safe to assume Grizz knows how the DA works Lusche.  As well as you know graphs  ;)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »

An excuse.  Just say it for Christs sake.  Even if you got beat by someone that did use F3, don't TRY to get better!!!  Just keep failing.  Sheesh.  You and FlyinFinn....

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
 I can do better than that I can just stay out of the DA all together where I can get gamed. I am sorry I have no confidence in the word of the DA crowd about F-3 because it would be a great place to learn otherwise and I would love to make use of it. Every time I go back in there I get disappointed but I did have fun in the canyons with some of the guys like copperhead. We were all on the same channel and everyone followed agreed to rules and I did just fine.   

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2014, 08:37:07 AM »
I can do better than that I can just stay out of the DA all together where I can get gamed. I am sorry I have no confidence in the word of the DA crowd about F-3 because it would be a great place to learn otherwise and I would love to make use of it. Every time I go back in there I get disappointed but I did have fun in the canyons with some of the guys like copperhead. We were all on the same channel and everyone followed agreed to rules and I did just fine.   

Get gamed is an extreme disservice to the numerous skilled sticks that fly there. But by all means, don't let a reality check snap you out of your self-protective cacoon.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »

You cannot do better than that.  Period.  Stop rationalizing.  Ask the best sticks in the game.  There is not a better learning environment.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
I can't even fly in F3 mode.  I get too disoriented.  I can't tell at all when I've hit the top of my loop for instance.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:48:11 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
I admit to using F3 when landing my helicopter in a tight LZ on Arma 3.   :o

In this game however, it is just a bogeyman..  :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »
Get gamed is an extreme disservice to the numerous skilled sticks that fly there. But by all means, don't let a reality check snap you out of your self-protective cacoon.

Nrshida being one of said skilled pilots.  :old:

I still remember, very fondly, the day that he saw me over the DA lake fighting (and flying) poorly. Nrshida then was so nice as to offer to take me to a private field and teach me some basic flying skills.  He spent much time with me, was super nice and pointed me to some things to read up on.

Following his every instruction, I admit I was in awe of him, especially since he was a member of The Few, which I had heard was the BEST squad in Aces High. For a member of The Few to take the time to be so nice to me, a nooby, was just awesome. My eyes start watering thinking about it again.  :cry

I have a special place in my heart for Nrshida for this reason, and always will.  :)

I was so honoured that he would take his time and be so nice to someone just out of the goodness of his heart. :aok

Nrshida, I <3 you for that moment and making me feel special and welcome.   :salute

May others be as blessed one day as I was on that special day.  :cheers:

Nrshida,  :rock

PS: I will never let time nor events come between Nrshida and me and our special time together no matter what has happened since he and The Few parted.  To me, Nrshida will always be a member of The Few and their great tradition and niceness.

PSS: I still, to this day, see him flying in front of me in a clear blue sky leading me through a chandel.  Blue skies to you always, Nrshida. I mean that with all sincerity.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:19:53 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2014, 09:18:12 AM »
Sorry Redbul, I guess I did bring it up with the whociu comment. Although that was prolly missed by both, the guy who gave me 1/10 not even knowing the reference and  :uhoh

never seen so much hey I'm a nice guy help me, bam dagger in ya. Or have we?  :noid

Killing bad guys from alt adv and running off to reset in LW planes is not pwning anyone.
They're casting their bait over there, see?