Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8839 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »
What could be done to encourage DA participation?

Actual 1v1 nights at standalone bases, instead of the usual furball in the middle which usually ends up with a vulch-fest and people getting pissed off and leaving.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2014, 03:09:06 PM »
Skyler to Vracy

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2014, 03:10:36 PM »
Actual 1v1 nights at standalone bases, instead of the usual furball in the middle which usually ends up with a vulch-fest and people getting pissed off and leaving.

+1

I was thinking of writing this.

Also de-stigmatizing the DA.   Right now it is "the boys' bathroom in 7th grade" where supposed verbal sleights were "avenged".  
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »

Ok.  But there are a ton of fields.  You're free to set it up anyway you like.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
By killed "repeatedly", you mean you killed me once while I was tabbed out and another time when you came in behind me, flying a 109K vs my Ta-152. You really have an odd way of defining of the word "repeatedly."

Now, I could care less that I got killed (and any skilled pilot in a 109K should win vs a slow, climbing Ta at low alt). However, if you want to call that "killed repeatedly," then you were "absolutely slaughtered" by me last tour (see what I did there)?

Goes both ways.

That said, you're the same guy who claimed I could be beaten by someone flying a lesser plane, then absolutely refused to make yourself good on your own issued challenge. Recant, make excuses, whatever have you - you backed down and backed out. Leading by example, huh (and you know exactly what I mean by that)? Hey pot, I'm kettle...

The irony here is that you, a vet of years, is boasting about how much you've been learning from a trainer. Yet, in that same breath, you are claiming to be the end-all know-it-all of someone who's been flying for just at 5 months. A student is claiming to be a seasoned instructor. Yet again, quite hypocritical and illogical of you. All the while not making good on your own claim.

I think he was referencing what happened when another plane matched your E state, not just his.    
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
Skyler to Vracy

(Image removed from quote.)

1/10. 

Way to contribute.  /sarcasm
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
We need to do another DA night to show them what the arena is really about. Only fools and noobs fly the lake.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2014, 03:25:21 PM »
We need to do another DA night to show them what the arena is really about. Only fools and noobs fly the lake.

I'm down for this... how about tonight?

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »

yeah we do, the DA after FSO was a lot of fun.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »

I know my guys would be for it.  I won't be able to until tomorrow but the others may be available.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2014, 03:39:17 PM »
I miss the DA nights with you guys....   there used to be an early morning(yours) middle of the night (mine) crew  batfink Bunnies hibly agent Spatula etc etc.....15 odd  guys meeting in any plane usually on the deck engaging the one they see knowing the fight was till the end without interference..sure they were sometimes close and ready to pounce when the fight was over but this offered a great amount of learning....the 10-2 line was never a viable shooting area offering a better chance to learn and experiment with ACM and learn plane characteristics.... no chest thumping only offers of guidance after and during a fight....this is how/where I learned that you can actually get a little more than you thought from your aircraft of choice...
The MA with this crowd was similar (obviously more than 15 odd guys though).....apart from you used to get 2-3 V 1 practice...big furballs with style.....miss those days and caliber of player.... there are still a few about but running into them is becoming less frequent
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:41:47 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »
By killed "repeatedly", you mean you killed me once while I was tabbed out and another time when you came in behind me, flying a 109K vs my Ta-152. You really have an odd way of defining of the word "repeatedly."

Now, I could care less that I got killed (and any skilled pilot in a 109K should win vs a slow, climbing Ta at low alt). However, if you want to call that "killed repeatedly," then you were "absolutely slaughtered" by me last tour (see what I did there)?

Goes both ways.

That said, you're the same guy who claimed I could be beaten by someone flying a lesser plane, then absolutely refused to make yourself good on your own issued challenge. Recant, make excuses, whatever have you - you backed down and backed out. Leading by example, huh (and you know exactly what I mean by that)? Hey pot, I'm kettle...

The irony here is that you, a vet of years, is boasting about how much you've been learning from a trainer. Yet, in that same breath, you are claiming to be the end-all know-it-all of someone who's been flying for just at 5 months. A student is claiming to be a seasoned instructor. Yet again, quite hypocritical and illogical of you. All the while not making good on your own claim.

i fly with some of the best sticks in this game and I chose to go to Morfiend because I know him, he's a friend, he's a trainer, he has an unbiased view of my flying and would render an opinion and suggestions that squadmates might be reluctant to offer.  Also, I'm hard headed and although my squadmates have offered their help I felt the need to verify some of it with someone that isn't a shareholder.   You're a tiny little man if you can find no value in that or worse, that you believe it was something to make light of...it's just illustrates how far in the barrel you decided to reach for a laugh or to make a point other than the one on your head.

Died repeatedly was not just at my hand....it was at the hands of many others there last night.  You died a lot.  I'm certain you have an excuse or reason because you always do but it's a fact non-the-less.  Keep experimenting in the MA.

As far as a challenge, I left that in your court.  And I'll say it again, you let me know and we can find a field and 1 v 1.   We will merge, climb straight up with wep on and seesaw down for thirty minutes just like you did with Dodger and Skyrock.   And when the pendulum runs out of momentum, we'll see how well you can turn that thing.   I have an idea based on Sunsfans interpretation of your fights with him.

Yes, I have the benefit of knowing from them...they didn't know nor did they expect such a.....process to get to the shooting part.

Just let me know
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:43:23 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Sounds good to me. Who else is in for tonight?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »

What's the general format?
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2014, 03:51:16 PM »

I might be there.  My appearance fee is pretty steep though. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-