Author Topic: Complaints  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Complaints
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:40:50 PM »
When it comes to forum moderation, HTC is rather liberal compared to almost all game company official forums.  Heck, AH forums make our game forums and other MMO companies look like an utopian paradise.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 08:43:14 PM »
I'm not concerned that HTC bans people, I'm stunned someone can be clueless enough to get banned in the first place.  I mean, really, how caustic do you have to be to get kicked out of a game?  Some have fun trying to figure that out.  What an abysmal waste of time and energy.

Changeup
If that is true, banning players is akin to banning revenue.

I closed an office in January when I took over the operations,  that office served 90 customers.  It lost 80k per year specifically because a few, and I mean exactly 8 members, abused the staff and resources to the point that it was a loosing venture.  Board understood that by closing that facility I risked loosing 90 members.  I lost 4 of the 8 caustic ones, the other 4 know for a fact that I don't care if they stay or go and they shouldn't waste my, or my staffs time, the majority of those in the area that office served never even went into the facility.  86 members stayed, renewed their membership, don't even notice the office is no longer there. 6 New members joined in March from that service area that didn't know or care that we used to have an office there. I moved the employee down to my main office, productivity is up more than ever, revenue is fine, expenses are slashed, 3 employees got a raise.  Sometimes the caustic few that seem to represent the majority are just so much hot air and need to go.  
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
When it comes to forum moderation, HTC is rather liberal compared to almost all game company official forums.  Heck, AH forums make our game forums and other MMO companies look like an utopian paradise.

ack-ack

Thats not the sentiment of your flamewarriors ilk.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:45 PM »
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »
Thats not the sentiment of your flamewarriors ilk.

And those with that sentiment over there were the ones that found themselves on the wrong side of the rules most of the time.  While I've found the moderation from time to time being inconsistent in the AH forums, it still has been more lax then the majority of other official game forums.  Hell, in our game you can't even mention another player's name in a post without the risk of getting the thread locked and a brief suspension or outright ban.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 09:06:24 PM »
Rule 4
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:11:09 PM by hitech »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
Wha?  That wasn't an attack?  It was opinion.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »
Opinions are different than sarcasm.  Sarcasm gets met with sarcasm.

What I wrote wasn't sarcasm.  It was a truthful observation of what I see as common misconceptions.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
What I wrote wasn't sarcasm.  It was a truthful observation of what I see as common misconceptions.

That you phrased in the form of questions fielded from the public in a sarcastic undertone.  The fact they were truthful observations doesn't discount their flamebaitability.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 11:51:54 PM »
3. Of course individuals will have individual reasons to be upset. You are looking for reoccurring themes among those with their "set of picky reasons."

Whether a company does that or not is its own business, though -- it's not obligated to do so.  Also, it's unlikely they would do it unless it really was widely enough occurring.  Just because someone says "X sucks!" and 10 other people chime in with "Yeah!" doesn't mean it's widely occurring when the player base numbers in the many thousands.

5. As you know not all people behave that rationally Brooke.

What I said is true whether or not someone is rational.  When a person feels that the game isn't worth his $x (whether that feeling is based on rational thought, irrational thought, sagacity, misperception, great insight, or profound ignorance), he will stop paying his $x.

7. It does take work to share. That is why you pay a fee.

That isn't why you pay a fee.  You pay a fee because that's what the company charges for it's product and because you are willing to pay that for the product.  The product isn't design discussions.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »
That you phrased in the form of questions fielded from the public in a sarcastic undertone.  The fact they were truthful observations doesn't discount their flamebaitability.

My tone wasn't sarcastic, and they aren't portrayed as questions from the public.  Those are common misperceptions, plainly and succinctly stated, that lots of people have -- both here and in the wider world.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »
My tone wasn't sarcastic, and they aren't portrayed FROM questions from the public.  Those are common misperceptions, plainly and succinctly stated, that lots of people have -- both here and in the wider world.

mmkay :rofl

BTW, fixed

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:55 AM »
What I said is true whether or not someone is rational.  When a person feels that the game isn't worth his $x (whether that feeling is based on rational thought, irrational thought, sagacity, misperception, great insight, or profound ignorance), he will stop paying his $x.

Not true. A person could like the product and not want to deal with the person(s) creating the product.

You pay the fee for the package. Customer service included.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 01:02:06 AM »
Not true. A person could like the product and not want to deal with the person(s) creating the product.

You pay the fee for the package. Customer service included.

True -- but that just means that it's not worth $x to the person.  My statement really was just semantics:  folks buy it or not at their own decision based on whether they want to or not.  That is their right.  That's all I was saying on that point.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:41 AM »
Consider the irony of this thread.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.