Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9508 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
what fight? now is my prime time and I don't see any.

At this very moment, there's one big fight up north between Bish and Nits.
Unfortunately, as a Rook you are just hovering over or bombing deserted bases without much reaction at all, for at least 40 minutes now...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
It's impossible to call it a "minority" without polling or some sort of measuring stick.  Vocal, yes, minority? Maybe, maybe not.  Heck, we tallied 40 votes in Revo's thread and it was only up for three and a half hours before Hitech locked it for some reason, so I doubt it.  If I had to estimate, the number of players that are passionately opposed to the 12 hr significantly outweights the number of players passionately for it.  The number of players that probably do not care too much one way or the other is likely the "majority".

I say this again, calling people the "vocal minority" is just a catch phrase in an attempt to devalue their voice, nothing more, and is not based on any sort of fact.

Revo's thread was biased from the get go.  

There are two issues in side switch times that are totally unrelated.  One is a player wants to switch side for his or her own benefit during peak hours and the other is off peak hours to balance out an imbalance with a small number of players.  Revo rolled them together.

What ever is in the best interest of all involved is in the best interest of HTC.  They know that or they would have never gotten this far.  

At least let the 12 hour thing rest for awhile.  Iit gets old after awhile no matter which side you are on.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »

Unfortunately, as a Rook you are just hovering over or bombing deserted bases without much reaction at all, for at least 40 minutes now...

my earlier point has been made..

remember don't switch if you want to play with your friends during US prime time!

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 01:02:29 PM »
remember don't switch if you want to play with your friends during US prime time!

You should be bombing towns instead of writing this. Its for your own good so you can have some funny fun picking that lone defender until he gets fed up of this. Then you can rtb, and count the funny fun kills you just had. YaY!!!  :banana:

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
what fight? now is my prime time and I don't see any. The euro game is dead and HTC doesn't give a damn, that's what their communication is telling me. So I'm taking my money to people that care.

It isn't that they don't care. It's that if they stick their neck out and talk to us, they are the ones they get their head chopped off, not us.   HTC already has responded in a number of posts, 3 of which have already been locked in the past 30 hours. Because members of the BBS kept going and going, ranting on and on, rather than just calming down and evaluating HTC's position.

If you stand up and say you don't like This or That, then you have made your side on the matter known. If you back down or change your side, then how can people trust your judgement/opinion if you flip-flop?  HTC doesn't talk often on things concerning their company so they can stay fluid, "like water".  HTC knows many of the glaring issues in this forum, they have had to lock many threads that started on these 'issue' topics.  Like Wpeter said, the more time they spend here locking threads and playing wack-a-mole, is less time they are working on the new engine.

I understand your frustration on the matter, and your want for HTC to fix it. Perhaps there is more to fixing the 12 hour rule than we know of. Or HTC has something new in the works that would trump the 12 hr rule, but are saving it for the new engine.

I think we as customers should be understanding to the hard working team of HiTech Creations. They are working hard for us to put out new content, and we complain and insult them and each other. Why not just sit back and be patient?

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
You should be bombing towns instead of writing this. Its for your own good so you can have some funny fun picking that lone defender until he gets fed up of this. Then you can rtb, and count the funny fun kills you just had. YaY!!!  :banana:

Just a question:

Why aren't you at this time...engaged in white knuckled combat...at that other place you brought your money?

And are you going to be bringing your keyboard too, anytime soon?

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »
Or HTC has something new in the works that would trump the 12 hr rule

24h?  :noid

:bolt:

:D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 01:06:30 PM »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »
If i were in charge it would be better :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
If i were in charge it would be better :old:

you have my vote.

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 01:10:31 PM »

This of course happens in prime time as well albeit not as often as you well know.  It is happening more than in the recent past.  I think this is more of a symptom of a falling three country setup in AH.  Reducing switch times would only be a dirty bandaid that would eventually infect the whole game.

The answer is increased player numbers.  HTC is pounding a way on the new engine to attract more new meat.  Lets let them finish in peace then see what happens.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
The whole 12 hour complaint is just people whining because someone won't do what they demand. They won't play the way I want, blah, blah freakin BLAH. It's old, it's boring and it's NON-PRODUCTIVE. If it's SOOOOOOOOOO bad...LEAVE!. I have no problem finding fun to have in this game. Those who complain are the ones who do a limited spectrum of things, look at their stats. When my kids whined incessantly to get their way, it was automatic, no way. When a resident tells me...if you don't give me what I want, I'm moving, my reply is that's your choice. I won't be blackmailed, especially by those who seem to have the maturity level of 5 year old kids...mom...mom...mom....mom ....WHY? Why? Why? ad NAUSEUM. It's time for you to put your money where your moths are.... my bet is....you'll still be here 5 years from now.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
Just a question:

Why aren't you at this time...engaged in white knuckled combat...at that other place you brought your money?

And are you going to be bringing your keyboard too, anytime soon?

because I'm about to have diner ^^ I'm can't wait to log in Planetside 2  :rock

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
because I'm about to have diner ^^ I'm can't wait to log in Planetside 2  :rock

Enjoy dinner.

:aok

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -