Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9512 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
I rarely switch sides so the 12-hour rule means nothing to me. Many switch sides frequently and it is a bother. Some switch for the sake of spying, most for the sake of finding a good fight.

So the next level of discussion is spying. It happens. So now we morph the 12-hour rule into spying, which leads to shade accounts. In both cases, is it really that big a deal? Spying happens, weak fights happen. Of the two, which is the bigger concern? Clearly, weak fights.

In the business world there are a few sayings that matter. 'Go big or go home' is one. Another, 'you are either coming or going.' Clearly AH/HTC needs to up the ante or they will fall into the category of 'going home' and with it the only real flight simulator on line.

If the tradeoff is better fights for spy-tards, without a hesitation it is better fights. How many sticks have we lost in the past few weeks or months with the lack of action a problem?

The bigger issue is that of numbers. If we don't increase the numbers we will reach a tipping point. I've been around tipping points, they suck! Right up to the tipping point everything seems tight but doable, then suddenly the floor disappears and it is gone.

I know they are working on the new visual engine. Let's hope that happens rapidly and when it is launched they include a big marketing/advertising push. And when all of that happens I hope they address these "smaller" issues that have an impact on the community.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
All this teeth gnashing over this topic... Hitech has yet to say yes or no.. they've simply not responded. Easy enough to interpret that to mean they have other things to worry about then this. So take it at least as a "not right now" response. This has been brought up in just about every thread on this topic.

They are right in the middle of a development cycle. Folks are getting themselves banned for simply for not having patience.. all this doom and gloom just because HTC is busy working on the "next big thing" and not responding.

Take a breath.. go outside and get some fresh air. Heck, unsubscribe if you can't wait it out. Resubscribe when you can handle it.

The next big upgrade is right around the corner. This topic will be a minor one the day that upgrade or version is released.   

Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
All this teeth gnashing over this topic... Hitech has yet to say yes or no.. they've simply not responded. Easy enough to interpret that to mean they have other things to worry about then this. So take it at least as a "not right now" response. This has been brought up in just about every thread on this topic.

They are right in the middle of a development cycle. Folks are getting themselves banned for simply for not having patience.. all this doom and gloom just because HTC is busy working on the "next big thing" and not responding.

Take a breath.. go outside and get some fresh air. Heck, unsubscribe if you can't wait it out. Resubscribe when you can handle it.

The next big upgrade is right around the corner. This topic will be a minor one the day that upgrade or version is released.   

He responded in 2009

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
The whole 12 hour complaint is just people whining because someone won't do what they demand. They won't play the way I want, blah, blah freakin BLAH. It's old, it's boring and it's NON-PRODUCTIVE. If it's SOOOOOOOOOO bad...LEAVE!. I have no problem finding fun to have in this game. Those who complain are the ones who do a limited spectrum of things, look at their stats. When my kids whined incessantly to get their way, it was automatic, no way. When a resident tells me...if you don't give me what I want, I'm moving, my reply is that's your choice. I won't be blackmailed, especially by those who seem to have the maturity level of 5 year old kids...mom...mom...mom....mom ....WHY? Why? Why? ad NAUSEUM. It's time for you to put your money where your moths are.... my bet is....you'll still be here 5 years from now.

Please show me where people were threatening to quit? And I don't have moths.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »
The whole 12 hour complaint is just people whining because someone won't do what they demand. They won't play the way I want, blah, blah freakin BLAH. It's old, it's boring and it's NON-PRODUCTIVE.

Those of us that would like to see the switch time shortened aren't demanding it gets changed so people play the way we want.  I really don't know where you get that but wherever you got that idea, it is wrong.

If it's SOOOOOOOOOO bad...LEAVE!. I have no problem finding fun to have in this game. Those who complain are the ones who do a limited spectrum of things, look at their stats.

Again, a very myopic view you have and again, completely wrong.  You'll notice that the spectrum of players that want the time shortened represent players of every type and not just limited to the 'furballers'.  I usually have no problems finding a fight but last night I logged off because for the Knits, there was literally nothing to fight as all the Rooks and Bishops were fighting up in the northern islands for the map reset.  BBaw and I had to resort to flying 2.5 sectors and crash the Rookie mission that was hitting the Bish base at A53.

In situations where I can't find a fight in the air, I then usually hop in a B-25H and go GV hunting but with the Bishops and Rookies only fighting up north, there was nothing to hunt.  There weren't any GV battles in TT island that I could take part in.  With absolutely no fights at all for the Knits, I logged off and played Elder Scrolls Online instead.  I would have switched earlier to either Bishops or Rookie side but I didn't want to be locked in on either of those sides for 12 hours, especially with the map being close to reset.  If the time was shorter then switching would have been a much more viable alternative.

When my kids whined incessantly to get their way, it was automatic, no way. When a resident tells me...if you don't give me what I want, I'm moving, my reply is that's your choice. I won't be blackmailed, especially by those who seem to have the maturity level of 5 year old kids...mom...mom...mom....mom ....WHY? Why? Why? ad NAUSEUM. It's time for you to put your money where your moths are.... my bet is....you'll still be here 5 years from now.

I don't agree with the tactics some have employed on the forums to get the change made to the switch times, bullying the developer isn't a very good idea or productive and usually results in the wish being dismissed or ignored.  However, your post wasn't really all that different from the others, it only inflames the situation even more.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:31:42 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »
To original poster:   :aok

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
He responded in 2009

sounds like HiTech knew planking was going to become a thing with all those people getting board.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
That's cool if you don't accept it but spamming the issue all over the threads probably isn't the brightest of ideas at this time. I really find it hard to believe their was never a response to this topic that has been popping up for so long. Even if it was 'cuz its my game' or something like that  just deal with it. I have played late night and yes there can be dull periods but  I always , always managed to find a fight. DId I pick the guys that upped right over the end of the runway? Nope I let them get alt so we had a good fight which made them come back as they were also looking for a fight  not to get pick .024 nanoseconds after their gear was up.

the reason for the 12 hour switch was explained by high tech long ago some just refuse the deal with it, he said before the arena split there was a 12 hour switch rule it, when the arenas split into two late war arenas they changed the side switch time too I think it was an hour.    now when they got rid of the two late war arenas and combined them into one arena like before the split it reverted back to the original 12 hour side switch time.   BUT some just can't deal with it.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
the reason for the 12 hour switch was explained by high tech long ago some just refuse the deal with it, he said before the arena split there was a 12 hour switch rule it, when the arenas split into two late war arenas they changed the side switch time too I think it was an hour.    now when they got rid of the two late war arenas and combined them into one arena like before the split it reverted back to the original 12 hour side switch time.   BUT some just can't deal with it.

So it used to arbitrarily be set at 12 hours, then when the arena was split, it was arbitarily set to 1 hr, and then when we went back to 1 arena, since it was orginally arbitrarily set at 12 hours, it should be set back to the original arbitrary time.  Sound about right hmm?

Why was the arena time set to 1 hr in the first place after the split?  And why 1 hr?  If you double the capacity of arena shouldn't you halve the switch time to 6 hour if the 12 hour time has a mystical behind the scenes intent?  Wouldn't the 12 hr rule with 2 arena make more logical sense since you would be able to switch arenas if you could not find a fight?  You have twice as many choices as a player even with the 12 hour (ignoring the fact that one arena might be full since you could usually force your way in).  If the rule was 1 hr time switch for 1 arena and 12 hr time switch for 2 arenas, that would at least make some logical sense.  It's all backwards to me, and the difference between 1 hr and 12 hr is extreme.  Why when doubling the arena size would the switch time be 1/12 the time?  It's all very confusing to me.  Were these switch times picked out of a hat?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »

Just a question:

Why aren't you at this time...engaged in white knuckled combat...at that other place you brought your money?

And are you going to be bringing your keyboard too, anytime soon?

:aok what gets me is that you would think the 12 hour rule was tailor made for the 'it's about the fight' crowd. Cant go join the big green blob on the other front? I am sure you can find someone willing to 1v1 along the low pop front, just let the guy get some alt.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:50 PM »
We need some humor here ya go please +1 if you think it applicable to some folks behavior as of late, if not please be respectful and don't comment. :noid

HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »
So it used to arbitrarily be set at 12 hours, then when the arena was split, it was arbitarily set to 1 hr, and then when we went back to 1 arena, since it was orginally arbitrarily set at 12 hours, it should be set back to the original arbitrary time.  Sound about right hmm?

Why was the arena time set to 1 hr in the first place after the split?  And why 1 hr?  If you double the capacity of arena shouldn't you halve the switch time to 6 hour if the 12 hour time has a mystical behind the scenes intent?  Wouldn't the 12 hr rule with 2 arena make more logical sense since you would be able to switch arenas if you could not find a fight?  You have twice as many choices as a player even with the 12 hour (ignoring the fact that one arena might be full since you could usually force your way in).  If the rule was 1 hr time switch for 1 arena and 12 hr time switch for 2 arenas, that would at least make some logical sense.  It's all backwards to me, and the difference between 1 hr and 12 hr is extreme.  Why when doubling the arena size would the switch time be 1/12 the time?  It's all very confusing to me.  Were these switch times picked out of a hat?

You ask a lot of questions which I for one have no answer for because I don't own the company. Now if I had questions like what you have I would either call up the company or fire off an email then wait for response, that's what I would do if I had a concern.  should the time switch be changed ? yes.  what should it be changed to ?  that would be up to the owners of the company.   what would I like to see it at ? 3-4 hr as a start then adjust from there.

all I know this is the only online gaming company that actually answers their player base sure it may not be as fast as one would like or it may not be the right answer as one would like to hear but they do.. try that with any other online games you may play computer or console, to them you're just another sale and have fun with their customer service.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2014, 05:31:49 PM »
all I know this is the only online gaming company that actually answers their player base

Wrong, most actually communicate much better.

EDIT: a single example is how arena resets are handled, with a single warning given 10minutes before the reset?  :lol Other companies schedule them and inform players of the plannings.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:35:33 PM by SirNuke »

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2014, 05:36:39 PM »

EDIT: a single example is how arena resets are handled, with a single warning given 10minutes before the reset?  :lol Other companies schedule them and inform players of the plannings.
Souldnt you be somewhere?
because I'm about to have diner ^^ I'm can't wait to log in Planetside 2  :rock

must not be all that great if you are back here so soon.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »

EDIT: a single example is how arena resets are handled, with a single warning given 10minutes before the reset?  :lol Other companies schedule them and inform players of the plannings.

seriously is this the real question? arena resets happen when there's usually a problem happening with the game right now and they're fixing it that's why they have to reset the arena it's no big deal it happens in games. and the only other time you have the 10 minute warning is when the war has been won and there's no way you can plan that.
whenever they have had a planned or scheduled maintenance its always either been posted on their main webpage or as you login telling you what time the scheduled maintenance is to be performed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:50:59 PM by 68ZooM »