Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9513 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »
seriously is this the real question? arena resets happen when there's usually a problem happening with the game right now and they're fixing it that's why they have to reset the arena it's no big deal it happens in games. and the only other time you have the 5 minute warning is when the war has been one and there's no way you can plan that.
whenever they have had a planned or scheduled maintenance its always either been posted on their main webpage or as you login telling you what time does get drilled maintenance is to be performed.

fixed

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
You ask a lot of questions which I for one have no answer for because I don't own the company.

And I didn't expect you to have the answer, since it is, after all, the million dollar question.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »
Between 5,000 and 9,000 estimated game companies out there from what I could find, at least between 2002 and 2009.

Wrong, most actually communicate much better.

You know how most of them communicate? Impressive.  
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
fixed

thanks Bear, I forgot its was that on a map reset, not really on when that happens lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2014, 05:58:02 PM »
And I didn't expect you to have the answer, since it is, after all, the million dollar question.
To YOU its the million dollar question, the poll you speak of was that the put a +1 if you agree and don't say anything if you don't one? To me the real millon dollar question is when will the update be out.  The time switch thing while I respect the fact and actually agree that compromise should be made, however badgering and attempting to bully the people that make the game, is not the best course of action. Infact, it's less enduring to me and others community than you think. I think there will be plenty of time to rehash this topic AFTER the update is completed. As has been pointed out quite a few times you don't know if  this change is being considered, has HTC actually come out recently as said it will not? That gif I pointd out earlier sure seems more and more applicable.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:59:56 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
To YOU its the million dollar question, the poll you speak of was that the put a +1 if you agree and don't say anything if you don't one? To me the real millon dollar question is when will the update be out.  The time switch thing while I respect the fact and actually agree that compromise should be made, however badgering and attempting to bully the people that make the game, is not the best course of action. Infact, it's less enduring to me and others community than you think. I think there will be plenty of time to rehash this topic AFTER the update is completed. As has been pointed out quite a few times you don't know if  this change is being considered, has HTC actually come out recently as said it will not? That gif I pointd out earlier sure seems more and more applicable.

Resetting the arena switch time is already in the arena settings.  It would take less than 5 seconds to change
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2014, 06:12:49 PM »
Resetting the arena switch time is already in the arena settings.  It would take less than 5 seconds to change
Your basing this off Tankaces post about it being done in the AvA? Are we even sure that's the case for the MA? And I seem to recall it was 2 minutes not 5 seconds. Eother way like Nishi said earlier at this point it may just be a pissing contest,  when I was looking for a reply even as far back as 2010 there were posts of 'what this again?!?' to requests for a change so from the get go it seems like  People have been badgering about it. At this point Hitech might actually be letting you guys twist in the wind but spamming the forums every day, evey 2weeeks about the issue is just as bad. Sometimes its good to take breaks from the game I just took one myself with work and going back to school at 34 taking soo much of my time. If your unhappy take a step back, get a little separation and see how you feel  in a couple weeks. Don't come to these boards, make a clean break and really think about what this game means to you.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:14:21 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2014, 06:18:21 PM »
Your basing this off Tankaces post about it being done in the AvA? Are we even sure that's the case for the MA? And I seem to recall it was 2 minutes not 5 seconds. Eother way like Nishi said earlier at this point it may just be a pissing contest,  when I was looking for a reply even as far back as 2010 there were posts of 'what this again?!?' to requests for a change so from the get go it seems like  People have been badgering about it. At this point Hitech might actually be letting you guys twist in the wind but spamming the forums every day, evey 2weeeks about the issue is just as bad. Sometimes its good to take breaks from the game I just took one myself with work and going back to school at 34 taking soo much of my time. If your unhappy take a step back, get a little separation and see how you feel  in a couple weeks. Don't come to these boards, make a clean break and really think about what this game means to you.

Yes I am and you don't have any idea either. 

Please spare me the motivational.  I don't need it.  When you find out for certain that the arena switch settings are not done in the arena that quickly, you bring yourself back and post-up.  Until then I'll take his word for it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2014, 06:23:19 PM »

So you are suggesting that all players that do not like the 12 hour rule take a break from the game and cancel subs?  That's not a bad idea actually.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:06 PM »
so your entire argument and counter argument is based of a complete unknown yet 15 thousand threads and 1 billion posts are ok to spend on speculation? I'll say it again give it rest, this whole thing has gotten to be tedious not just for the direct actors but for the members of the community that don't care to voice their opinion directly on these threads. Fine people want a change, spamming the forums is not going to help your cause. The take abreak thing wasn't pointed directly at you changeup its for those that say they are not going to subscribe until they get results,  that's the people im suggesting take a step back,  go smell the flowers and see if a 12 hour rule, or no recent reply about the 12 hour rule is worth quitting the game over or not. If those pople truly wanted to make a statement  silence and a hit in the wallet would be better(in my opinion) others have stated this also in much less compassionate fashion.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »
So you are suggesting that all players that do not like the 12 hour rule take a break from the game and cancel subs?  That's not a bad idea actually.
No Im suggesting those that threaten to do that , go ahead and take that break they promise us...er I mean threaten HTC with...err yeah. It will give you a chance to really see what the game means to you. Don't threaten to play the hand,  go all in.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:27:33 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:23 PM »
No Im suggesting those that threaten to do that , go ahead and take that break they promise us...er I mean threaten HTC with...err yeah. It will give you a chance to really see what the game means to you. Don't threaten to play the hand,  go all in.

Which no one has, but you keep saying that.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »
No Im suggesting those that threaten to do that , go ahead and take that break they promise us...er I mean threaten HTC with...err yeah.

No I'm not suggesting anyone quit or threaten to quit, I was just being silly.  I still have enough fun in the game currently, but not being able to switch sides cuts my nights short and is an extreme general annoyance because this is America and I was raised on this being the land of the free, par for the course these days I guess.  The rule in itself is not enough for me to quit, besides the normal "burn out" breaks.  I say that now, we'll see where we are at a month from now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2014, 06:32:02 PM »
the reason for the 12 hour switch was explained by high tech long ago some just refuse the deal with it, he said before the arena split there was a 12 hour switch rule it, when the arenas split into two late war arenas they changed the side switch time too I think it was an hour.    now when they got rid of the two late war arenas and combined them into one arena like before the split it reverted back to the original 12 hour side switch time.   BUT some just can't deal with it.

....and even before that there was this.... http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,187804.msg2176859.html#msg2176859

"Im on the low side A.

Switch to side b to find the CV.

now i can switch right back to side A

Also time limit is only 1 hour, and your country is save in each arena.

HiTech"

This was just after they had opened the EW, MW, and LW arenas instead of the single arena.

It's Hitech's company, but I would think they would come out with an official statement as to "why" it's 12 hours. The miss information can't be good for the company. If they post what they believe is a "valid" reason why they have the 12 hour rules then everyone has to accept that. Sure it may ding a few egos, but if it's official, its official.

On the other side of the coin I have been told that this game is ever changing and should continue to do so as different players come into the game. I have learn to accept that the game isn't played the way it was before. If this is to stay true, then why isn't the 12 hour rule susceptible to the same "changes" that come along with new players?  Could it be that game play dictates that "what ever" reasons Hitech has for the 12 hour rules no longer apply and so it should be looked at again?  

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »
Which no one has, but you keep saying that.
yes people have stated that is a reason they quit paying you guys have been much, much more active in these threads then I have. I am sure you are being disingenuous when posted that. No I am not going to go look for quotes I already spent over an hour looking for a reply from Hitech on this issue.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep