Author Topic: Ki-84 vs FM2  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
Re: Ki-84 vs FM2
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 04:55:30 PM »
The gunnery skills of the FM2 pilot made me think it was me, but I haven't flown one of them in ages.  If only the pilots that wind up on my 6 would shoot so poorly...

I agree with the rest.  Going immediately for a turn fight with the FM2 was probably to worst thing you could do.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 05:37:20 AM »
I was surprised by how well the FM2 handled after a run in the DA.  Reminds me of the D11 in someways.

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
don't underestimate the FM2...............2 things you should always expect...the Spanish Inquisition and the FM2 to outperform your expectations.
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
don't underestimate the FM2...............2 things you should always expect...the Spanish Inquisition and the FM2 to outperform your expectations.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »
Man your frame rate was scary bad

It's a $6,000 laptop with a Core i7 990x proc, 12 gigs of RAM, and SLi'd Geforce 580M's packing 4GB of video memory between them.  I am sitting on a 30 up/30 down fiber optic pipe.

Dunno what I can do... I think I have object detail at minimum too hahahaha
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
It's a $6,000 laptop with a Core i7 990x proc, 12 gigs of RAM, and SLi'd Geforce 580M's packing 4GB of video memory between them.  I am sitting on a 30 up/30 down fiber optic pipe.

Dunno what I can do... I think I have object detail at minimum too hahahaha

you probably have a "economy" power mode activated somewhere, neutering the videocard

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »
you probably have a "economy" power mode activated somewhere, neutering the videocard

I will look into that... I don't think it's the case, but hey I did just reinstall from scratch a couple months ago, so who knows.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 07:11:31 PM »
Other than in a dive, the Ki-84 should out class the FM-2 in all areas.  In your case, a spiral climb would have been sufficient enough to get on top of the FM-2 and dictate the fight from the position of advantage.

ack-ack
  :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 11:54:38 PM »
Pick a fight with INK and tell him too put his money where his mouth is... challenge him to a DA session and record the beating he gives you.... watch film until your eyes bleed. Then find INK's sissy arse again and rinse repeat.  :aok

I'll take that challenge and I'll fly the FM2.  Never underestimate the Grumman Ironworks.

A spiral climb's a nice solution if the Grumman doesn't have E and is stupid enough to fall for it.  What if he doesn't?  What if he instead grabs E while the Ki losses his in the spiral climb?

Hell, I'll take that challenge in an F4F and I bet I'll give him a fight.

The Ki holds the cards but only if they're played right.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »
I'll take that challenge and I'll fly the FM2.  Never underestimate the Grumman Ironworks.

A spiral climb's a nice solution if the Grumman doesn't have E and is stupid enough to fall for it.  What if he doesn't?  What if he instead grabs E while the Ki losses his in the spiral climb?

In some long ago test fights I did with another player, the A6M5b held the cards over the FM2 as well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
In some long ago test fights I did with another player, the A6M5b held the cards over the FM2 as well.

Many planes do.  The FM2 is a nice-handling plane, very deceptive because you don't expect it to be good, but it's not in the same class as most of the Japanese planes (Tony being an exception).  At least this has been my general experience in AvA setups over the years.

- oldman

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 12:54:33 AM »
I'll take an FM2 against any Japanese plane in the set except the Zeke. The FM 2 will out turn a N1k1, and it holds a speed advantage over the Ki 43. The Ki-84 is faster and can out-climb it, but I'm not going to go chasing after it like that, and here's the thing: too many people underestimate what the FM-2 is capable of. That's probably the biggest advantage.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »

equal pilots FM2 loses 99% of the time.

I'll take an FM2 against any Japanese plane in the set except the Zeke. The FM 2 will out turn a N1k1, and it holds a speed advantage over the Ki 43. The Ki-84 is faster and can out-climb it, but I'm not going to go chasing after it like that, and here's the thing: too many people underestimate what the FM-2 is capable of. That's probably the biggest advantage.

:lol

zeke is the easiest to kill....

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 11:56:55 AM »
equal pilots FM2 loses 99% of the time.

:lol

zeke is the easiest to kill....

The late model Zeke does every single thing better than the Fm2 except dive, IIRC. It really is the worst case scenario for the Fm2.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 12:04:04 PM »
The late model Zeke does every single thing better than the Fm2 except dive, IIRC. It really is the worst case scenario for the Fm2.

except that the zekes are paper thin and burst into flames when you sneeze on them.....

I have found the ability to take a few rounds is far more important then "turning" a few feet faster.