Author Topic: It's not fun anymore!  (Read 2256 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: It's not fun anymore!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
At least you get to play the game. This semester has been so stressful for me. I have to keep telling myself only a few more weeks to get through these long days.

Enjoy the game, don't let others ruin your fun. If you find it frustrating then log off and do something else for awhile. Or just take a break from the game all together. I left in December and I have been itching to return, as soon as my scholastics are finished I am renewing my subscription.

:cheers:

Top Gun

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 08:44:09 PM »
I left the game for reasons and I didnt run to the boards to bash HTC or piss and moan like a  little ...... girl.

I don't want to quit the game, and most of the people complaining atm don't either I suspect.. They want to *play* the game, an inexplicable policy is effectively preventing them from doing so for many hours a day, so they are getting frustrated.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
 MIDWAR !! I've spent some time there recently. usually only around 20 people max.. but easy to find a fight, and very few dweebs    :D
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »
MIDWAR !! I've spent some time there recently. usually only around 20 people max.. but easy to find a fight, and very few dweebs    :D

Midwar is a joke.  When you find someone to fight, they run off to the other side of the map where they can attack a base unmolested without fear of defenders.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »
Midwar is a joke.  When you find someone to fight, they run off to the other side of the map where they can attack a base unmolested without fear of defenders.

ack-ack

Indeed. Once it was the best arena we had. Last time I was in there some guy in B-17s bailed out when I came within icon range of him in an Me-410, then told me I "didn't know how the game is played" when I gave him a much deserved mocking.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

ack-ack

Totally not true. granted there are newbs who come in to practice, but the regulars in there, the ones avoiding the MA hordes don't run from any fight. the only problem ive encountered is the occasional squad that likes to come in and steam roll bases for fun. other than that it's normally a pretty fun arena.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
i wished i had more time for the game , would love to spend a full weekend just getting involved with furballs , gv'ing , bombing , taking bases , reading 200 fervor

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 09:21:34 PM »
200 fervor?? Yall got the wrong game son..
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »
I don't want to quit the game, and most of the people complaining atm don't either I suspect.. They want to *play* the game, an inexplicable policy is effectively preventing them from doing so for many hours a day, so they are getting frustrated.
That is the main reason I didnt resub. But I didnt come here whining. I figured HTC would deal with it eventually. I knew it wouldn't go over very well.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »

ack-ack

it hasn't changed much then over the years
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »

+1
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2014, 02:04:50 AM »
Call it a whine and maybe I'm tired but the game play is horrific. You get 30k+ bombers coming over. Even if you get to that alt the windshere throws your aim way off. People come over at 30k and just hang over you. I call them tourists. You lose a base near a strat and you will never have radar, ordnance, troops or whatever again.  

It's just terrible game play, horrific really.

Some people cry about lack of realism.  I see others cry because of it.  Who ever heard of bombers at 30K or the destruction of strategic resources?  Never happened in real war.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 02:07:03 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2014, 03:25:10 AM »
I have a perfect solution for any players who want to play less:  please transfer that time to me so that I can play more.  I have lots of fun and want to fly more but need more time to do so.  Thank you for your support.  :aok

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2014, 05:47:50 AM »
I just wish I could play again.  I miss the game, the people, FSO's, pretty much everything about it. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 07:20:59 AM »
I wish I could play later in the evening. 0330 comes early so my days off are a treat cause I can play until 2200 or so.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"