Author Topic: Arya Stark  (Read 1030 times)

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
Re: Arya Stark
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »
I defer to Gmans encyclopedic knowledge of plot.  Another item on the wish list is a more detailed map of the GoT lands.  I've found the maps hit or miss in following the plots and where someone is at.

Regarding Olenna, cui bono?  It would benefit the Tyrell family had the king Joffry been poisoned after the wedding, as then Margaery would have been queen. 

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »
Breaking Bad, ask and ye shall receive (see below for the requested map).  Also, there is nothing to defer, we're in agreement, and besides, even if we weren't, the great thing about discussing ASOIAF theories that haven't been set in stone by the author yet, is that there is no wrong answers, it's all just opinion.  That's what makes this book series so fantastic, it generates a lot of fan interest and discussions regarding the vast possibilities regarding the mysteries in the plot. 

http://quartermaester.info/

That should get you started off, I have other sources I can give you, but that should keep you interested for a day or so at least, hah.

If you have an Android or Apple device - Ipad/Ipod/Phone/Tablet/whatever, there is a free app called "World of Ice and Fire" which has a fantastic interactive map as well, integrating many characters, events, and the like to a map of the entire world of A Song of Ice and Fire.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/grrm_book/george-r-r-martins-a-world-of-ice-and-fire-mobile-app/

Regarding your Olenna point - very valid point, I've read much about this precise idea a great deal, and I agree.  It was a large risk on her part if she indeed was the culprit, to poison and kill Joffrey prior to or even during the wedding, as by Westerosi law, unless the wedding is consummated - this is why their custom of "bedding" of high borns is so important, to ensure that the couple actually does the deed - the marriage can be set aside easily by both religious and legal authorities.  So, technically Margery is NOT the Queen at that moment in time when Joffrey chokes and dies, as they hadn't done the horizontal mamba yet.  I'm sure the Tyrells involved in the plot, if they in fact were, were fairly certain that they could convince the Lannisters to marry Tommen to their beloved Margaery in order to honor and keep their critical alliance intact, but again, as you pointed out BreakingBad, it was a pretty huge risk.  This very point is one of the reasons detractors of the theory that the Tyrell family killed Joffrey base their arguments upon.  
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:17:06 PM by Gman »

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 05:41:08 PM »
In case anyone missed it the first time around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ

:aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."