Author Topic: Russian Fighter Gun Convergences  (Read 1259 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Russian Fighter Gun Convergences
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 11:13:28 AM »
IN that case look, up my friend Morfiend in the TA. He will get you squared away on stick bounce. Teach you maneuvering. And get you well on your way to sub 400 yard gunnery. Then once you have that down, visit BNZ and Mongoose's finishing school for long range prima ballerinas of the cartoon world.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
all the research...means squat....

guess what...this is not real life...these are not real bullets.....not even real planes....

NOTHING about reality is comparable to this game.

we never die...we never feel Gs....we dont have to worry about our wingman dieing...planes are free....in never ending supply...we have thousands of flight hours

BLA BLA BLA BLA

hello I am INK- The Dream Destroyer.  :devil

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 12:09:45 PM »
Then once you have that down, visit BNZ and Mongoose's finishing school for long range prima ballerinas of the cartoon world.

Two things I never mentioned: Flying the P-38 and shooting at 600 yards. It would be odd if I did mention them, as those are two things I almost never do. I was pointing out some factors that might lead to AHII gunnery being different, that is all.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:27:29 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »
And we wonder how Skuzzy decides we have to be babysat with a club in these forums every few years.

Hey INK,

Наши конкуренты благодарят Вас за то, что ведут новых игроков к ним, потому что Вы хотите разрушить этот дом ради вашего личного эгоизма.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
And we wonder how Skuzzy decides we have to be babysat with a club in these forums every few years.

Hey INK,

Наши конкуренты благодарят Вас за то, что ведут новых игроков к ним, потому что Вы хотите разрушить этот дом ради вашего личного эгоизма.

hey bustr....

ill take talent and an open mind over sophistry any day..... ;)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
Now if this were just before last week and Skuzzy's new ban hammer, the old customers would be amusing themselves while driving away potential new customers.

One of the single biggest deterrents to bars in the US rebranding themselves to get out from under a bad rep. Is the established customers who drive away the new target demographic because they feel entitled over the needs of the owner to keep his doors open. Sophistry, That's ok, at least the old customers didn't resort to virtual slop slinging out of respect for Skuzzy's new ban hammer. It must be one high quality hammer to keep you limited to words like sophistry INK.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »
 :rofl

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 07:25:26 PM »
This is a lot of us so don't feel alone!
Bustr, consider that the difficulty in getting fighter gun platform stability when using a small plastic joystick to simulate the controls may be a factor reducing player hit percentages.

Stability can be a critical factor.   

I think that scaling mitigates the stick size issue.
I extended my stick so I get the benefit of scaling, i.e. finer control, without the downside of progressive response.