Author Topic: 40M Nimród.  (Read 18071 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 40M Nimród.
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2015, 12:09:35 AM »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
I'm starting to think that lyric MIGHT want the Nimrod added.  Not too sure though. :headscratch:

Needs 10% more pictures to be clear. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
Can you get any info on the optical gunsight mounted in the turret?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
The two optical gunsights were for the following:

You can see two one (a horizontal and vertical sight) because there were two man who aimed the weapon. On the right side the man was responsable for the leading the target, eg he needed a vertical sight on the left hand other hand the gunner controlled the elevation of the gun so he needed a horizontal sight. The Hungarian 36 M 40mm AA gun was more advanced than the British or Amerivan 40 mm bofors, it had an analog ballistic computer where they can set the datas of the enemy plane (range, speed, angle of attack) and this computer turned/elevated the sights so the crew only had to put the target in the center of the reticle. If there were an aiming error than they can easily correctly. This little thing meant that they need one more person to handle the gun so this was the main reason why the modified the turret of the Nimród.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2016, 03:57:32 PM »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:02:07 PM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
The two optical gunsights were for the following:

You can see two one (a horizontal and vertical sight) because there were two man who aimed the weapon. On the right side the man was responsable for the leading the target, eg he needed a vertical sight on the left hand other hand the gunner controlled the elevation of the gun so he needed a horizontal sight. The Hungarian 36 M 40mm AA gun was more advanced than the British or Amerivan 40 mm bofors, it had an analog ballistic computer where they can set the datas of the enemy plane (range, speed, angle of attack) and this computer turned/elevated the sights so the crew only had to put the target in the center of the reticle. If there were an aiming error than they can easily correctly. This little thing meant that they need one more person to handle the gun so this was the main reason why the modified the turret of the Nimród.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

The first image is to small to see well.

I have seen this sight on google though for the Nimrod. Could never find any supporting documents to verify it until your post.

http://battlegroup42.de/Forum-action-profile-u-327-sa-showPosts.html
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:18:08 PM by lyric1 »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »
I would pattern the horizontal reticle and let the player worry about the lead.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
I would pattern the horizontal reticle and let the player worry about the lead.

:aok

Do you have a larger version of the drawing you posted before?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2016, 12:11:19 PM »
Sorry I don't. I collect random reticle and gunsight pictures as I research on the Internet just incase Hitech cuts it's ride loose in the game. That book impresses me that it can be found as an Hungarian language manual if you do searches in google using Hungarian. Amazing what I found about the PAK and PBP gunsights once I started searching in Cyrillic. Any chance you know the diameter of the aperture?

I suppose I should go through the trouble of getting a kanji Japanese set installed so I can search that way in Japanese.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
Does anyone have any pics of the 40M?
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »
Any chance you know the diameter of the aperture?

No but I shall dig about.

Edit-> 45 MM maybe?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:44:46 PM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »
Does anyone have any pics of the 40M?
I have another that has not been posted before.  :x

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
I have another that has not been posted before.  :x

These as well. :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
I'll bet it's a tossup between 100-120 Mil. I would need the gun in the game and the offline target. Wonder if the optical sight is Swedish or German? Looks a bit like a Revi 1 or 4. Reticle are just inserts with ground in, perforated, or painted structures.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing