Are You
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
1.  tired of ack huggers :bhead :furious
2.  Runners :bolt:
3. 12 Hour rule :bhead
4. tired of not be able to find a fight :bhead
5. Ho'ers :P :P
6. anger management issue of other players. :ahand
7. of all the uber rides hitting and when get on their six in 30 eny plane they run. :uhoh

Well if you fill like any of these are affecting you, I have a remedy. 
1. Do you want to be a real fighter pilot. :banana:
2.  Would you like to see different tracers :cheers:
3  Would like to fight historical fights on the correct terrain. :x
4. Would you like a arena with no side switch rule. :rock
5. Would you like a arena with no ack huggers. :rock

Come to the AvA.  Where you can fight man against plane in a all out struggle. Where you have to spot the enemy plane and track without the red traing light over his head.

Come be a real fighter pilot.  If you think you can handle being a real fighter pilot and not  some newb in arena with red icons come to the AvA.   

Come try the mission in the Ava tonight. :bolt: See if you have balls of steel or puddy? :rofl  Your choice. Are you big enough? :O
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Re: Are You
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
Puddy?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
Come to the AvA.  Where you can fight man against plane in a all out struggle. Where you have to spot the enemy plane and track without the red traing light over his head.

Come be a real fighter pilot.  If you think you can handle being a real fighter pilot and not  some newb in arena with red icons come to the AvA.   

In point of fact, I can't handle being what amounts to a *legally blind* fighter pilot, or flying in an arena where people downshift their resolutions to gain an advantage in spotting dots. Stubborness on the no-icons thing hurts the AvA IMO.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
 NeedED to bring cheese for this post. :headscratch:

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »
Here, I once carefully demonstrated the absurdity of touting no-icons as realistic with a screenshot. Neither computer monitors nor the game itself have changed enough in the intervening years to make no icons any less absurd.

EDIT: This was a still screenshot of a 109K4 at -800 for people to stare at, not a dynamic situation, and not a one of them came up with anything resembling the right distance or anything but a guess at the type. Guesses on type ranged from Ki-84 to P-38. At less than a thousand yards. Legally. Blind. Pilots!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,254180.msg3135888.html#msg3135888
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:17:03 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:30:54 PM »
Removed by me.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:17:36 PM by Randy1 »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 12:50:36 PM »

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »
LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
The only people I have heard complaining about ack hugging, is the horde above a base looking for easy kills.  I have not seen a single player ack hug that wasn't out numbered and or out plane'ed. These same whiners that rarely are interested in base capture just easy kills. If they want a kill that bad then dive right into the ack or are they an ack avoider.

If people  are going to whine about runners then whine about climbers too like the Ki,s 190s, K model, the Las and spit 16s. They avoid a fight by going up.  What is the difference?  Going up or going fast to reset a fight is a good tactic and taking advantage of a planes positive attributes.  Turn'ey plane people are bad about this whine as well.

Give me a break.

I have ran into them...  But that is not my point.   IF you just want to furball and don't want to fly a whole sector when you can fly half of one why not?  I am just posting this to tell them that there is other options than pushing there point. 

**Ssshhhhh***Actually I was trying to Goad some of them to try it.
LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »

**Ssshhhhh***Actually I was trying to Goad some of them to try it.

My bad.  Post redone.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
Here, I once carefully demonstrated the absurdity of touting no-icons as realistic with a screenshot. Neither computer monitors nor the game itself have changed enough in the intervening years to make no icons any less absurd.

EDIT: This was a still screenshot of a 109K4 at -800 for people to stare at, not a dynamic situation, and not a one of them came up with anything resembling the right distance or anything but a guess at the type. Guesses on type ranged from Ki-84 to P-38. At less than a thousand yards. Legally. Blind. Pilots!

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,254180.msg3135888.html#msg3135888

Using Hitech's unit of Mil. That blob actually measures pixel to Mil correctly for 800-1000yds in this game. If the coding for those pixels from 600-6000 were enhanced up visa their gamma channels, vibrance, and a color that was much darker than their surroundings, or for bare metal lighter and brighter. Your only real problem would be telling outside of 400-600 off zoom which way the pointy end was facing. I flew some of the AI AvA nights and Hitech's unit of Mil that my historic gunsights are created to, were spot on for estimating range by silhouette. In WW2 only Typhoons and Tempests used a dot and it was only for bombs and rockets. The orange glare from the 105Mil ring made it hard to see the ground targets.

I leveraged all of the mentioned updates to blobs from SweetFX, so on my 24inch monitor at 1024 I could see dots to 11,000yds. SweetFX is not a real answer, since recently I had to scrub my game and reinstall without SweetFX which resulted in my hitting what I aimed at again. I was having inconstant bullet problems while allowing SweetFX to control color and effects in the game.

No Icons in the AvA may get a new look with the next game update's use of Shader 3.0.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.