Author Topic: Heavy Bomber gunners convergance?  (Read 370 times)

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
Heavy Bomber gunners convergance?
« on: May 06, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
Silly question....
When in a formation (your a/c plus 2 drones), at about what range does the fire from your defensive weapons converge when all the A/C shoot?
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Heavy Bomber gunners convergance?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »
It's not silly at all.

500 yard:

(picture by fuzeman)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:51:32 PM »
Listen to Lusche :aok
He's got a chart for everything.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 05:04:10 PM »
noob,

Offline you can up a bomber box, set it on auto level flying say south at 5000ft. Then hop in the top or rear guns and pull up the offline target. Exactly what Lusche has posted in his pic. You can test it for yourself to become familiar with it.

By flying south you only need to know:  .target 500   or any range you want.

It would be an interesting addition to the drones, if offline for bombers, you had a check box to include fighters that fly an attack pattern around your bomber or box of bombers. Besides feeding yourself to fighters in the MA. There are not many ways to learn bomber gunnery in terms of lead allowance. And probably the fighters would be limited to speed monsters, or your bombers would be speed limited once you auto leveled to trigger the appearance of the drones.

Maybe I should post this as a wish. For all of my gunsights, I'm a crappy bomber gunner.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 05:42:03 PM »
I think this just sort of clicked for me...  Thanks Lusche!  I may actually be able to kill attacking fighters now.. :joystick:
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.