Author Topic: Rearming formations  (Read 654 times)

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
Rearming formations
« on: May 10, 2014, 03:55:00 AM »
This is quite a simple wish. Would it be possible to rearm with a formation, and taking off again? The mechanics of the rearm would be like this, for example:

1. Formation lands.

2. Leader bomber (player controlled) rearms in rearm pad, drones wait in landing strip.

3. Leader takes off, drones follow and the rearmed formation flies as usual.

I don't know if this is difficult to implement, or if there's any reasons against it. But I think it would make bombing runs more interesting!
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Rearming formations
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »
Why would you need this? Simply .ef and up a new formation.

The only reason for this is to milk run round the map in order to land a "Xxxxx landed 8 squillion damage in a Lancaster"

Most bombers take of from rear bases to gain alt, these bases are unlikely to have had their bomber hangars destroyed so there is simply no need for a formation to re-arm on the pad.

It is only really of any use if the FH is down at a base you are defending :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:35:25 AM »
Well, I would like it for several reasons. For more damage/kills in a sortie, yes. The exact same thing I do in a fighter, like most people. Well, and in some bombers too (Mossie, A-20G, Ar-234).

It also makes things much more exciting, like in a fighter! For example, imagine that you're flying a formation, you got some kills and damage, rearm and fly again. Every time you take off after rearming you're risking earning less perks than you would if you had landed at every sortie (securing your kills), and that thrill really gets me going  :x

And besides that, it's about the feel. Like when you're patrolling the strats at 30K, come down to rearm and refuel when you're low on gas and climb up again. Maybe it's just a personal thing, but that feels way nicer than landing a sortie where you did nothing and upping again.
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:08:22 AM »

The only reason for this is to milk run round the map in order to land a "Xxxxx landed 8 squillion damage in a Lancaster"

Most bombers take of from rear bases to gain alt, these bases are unlikely to have had their bomber hangars destroyed so there is simply no need for a formation to re-arm on the pad.

It is only really of any use if the FH is down at a base you are defending :old:
+1
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 06:55:17 PM »

This wouldn't work on a field where ord is down though.  If fighters can magically get ord at the rearm pads when ord is down, then buffs should be able to as well.

+1
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 07:02:44 PM »
Buff multi-sortie event wish?

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 06:36:45 AM »
+1, 100k damage in a Betty  :x  :banana:

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
+1, 100k damage in a Betty  :x  :banana:

Nothing stopping you doing that as it is :old:
The GFC

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 08:08:09 AM »
1. you can rearm if you don't take formation :-) so no limit for bomber damage...
2. Mosquito XVI or Ar 234 are much better to fly as single bomber - because almost any defense would require living drones (and perks) behind
3. Have you ever tried to rearm B-17? I tried once - broke my wing.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »
1. you can rearm if you don't take formation :-) so no limit for bomber damage...
2. Mosquito XVI or Ar 234 are much better to fly as single bomber - because almost any defense would require living drones (and perks) behind
3. Have you ever tried to rearm B-17? I tried once - broke my wing.

I have rearmed Lancs, only the lead bomber can be rearmed and take off again, the drones stay put.

Potentially you could take a formatiion, land two and rearm the third then re up :old:
The GFC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »
This wouldn't work on a field where ord is down though.  If fighters can magically get ord at the rearm pads when ord is down, then buffs should be able to as well.

+1

+1
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"