Author Topic: Question about computer Specs.  (Read 576 times)

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
Question about computer Specs.
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »
I am looking to come back but wanted some opinions on this computer.

HP ENVY 700-210

AMD Elite Quad-Core A10-6700 Accelerated Processor 3.7 GHz(4 MB cache)
8 GB of RAM
1024 gb Hard drive.

also is it over priced on amazon? not sure.

-Tmac
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question about computer Specs.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 03:51:36 AM »
Rather don't.

Why not?

1) Integrated graphics. Although the AMD chip is better for AH than any Intel chip, it's weak. You'd need a real graphics card.
2) 300 W power supply. You'd want something better than the integrated graphics chip mentioned above. For anything decent to work you'd need a more powerful power supply.

Why buy something that has to be partially rebuilt before it will serve the purpose it was intended for? That computer would run AH quite well with the modifications, but you might stumble upon some difficulties in doing that. For example it looks like the memory slots might come in the way of a bigger video card. You can build a better one yourself.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:04 AM »
Hmm. I'm not to savvy on building computer towers, but I was looking for a inexpensive, medium graphic quality of the game type of computer. I guess I may have to save up some more and get something real good haha.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28:23 AM »
For the $569 added with the about $200 or more for a decent power supply and video card you'd get a nice AH capable gaming rig for several years to come. If you don't want to build it yourself, your local builder shop will do the job. At least here the building won't add more than some 10% to the price of the bare components and you'd get a warranty for the job. There's online building shops, too, but I prefer the local ones for better service especially concerning minor problems which may not be under warranty.

In any case, feel free to send any compilations here for evaluation.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 08:56:41 AM »
Hmm. I'm not to savvy on building computer towers, but I was looking for a inexpensive, medium graphic quality of the game type of computer. I guess I may have to save up some more and get something real good haha.

Try this one.....

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/vanquish-ii.asp

As it sits, at $699 it plays the game great. It has options to upgrade if you want more. It is totally assembled, tested, and ready to run when you get it. It comes with "help" just a phone call away at no extra charge. My brother in law.... who is NO tech savvy, has one and has no complaints.... other than his son wanting to use it to "do his home work"  LOL!

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
Thank you that system looks great! I'll have to save up some, I was planning on financing through a bestbuy so I don't have to front the money all at once haha.

Would a normal HP, or dell computer screen work with this tower?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:00:16 AM by Tmac7 »

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 12:27:06 PM »
Every screen will work with every tower, basically. That means any monitor will show a picture, but there are differences in latency and such. You can't tell a good gaming monitor by the brand, there's simply too many variables to consider. Some monitors are faster, some give a better colour reproduction, some a wider viewing angle... Even the panel type won't necessarily rule out any "typical" attribute. Even reviews tend to emphasize some features differently than you would. My previous screen was a relatively cheap one which didn't succeed in a review. It appeared that the picture quality and speed were superb, but minimal base adjustment and the lack of pivot dropped the ranking significantly.

To answer your question shortly: Yes.

Kotisivuni

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »
it will work.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:56 PM »
Not bad, but why content yourself with a 21.5 inch one? The 27" one would give much more immersion for double the price, the 24" one in between isn't bad either. If you have an old one lying around, stick with that until you can afford something that will raise your gaming experience to an entirely new level. "A little better" is never worth the price in computing!

Kotisivuni

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
I am sticking with 22 inch since  I have no monitor here at home and need one. But I just ordered the Vanquish II I researched for about a week now, finally put in the order. It will take 3 days for them to test it and 5-6 days to ship blah. I wanna come back NOW but my laptop isn't compatible well it is but very low graphic settings.

"E Tan Epi Tan"