Author Topic: 2014 Dayton Gathering Thread  (Read 14560 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 2014 Dayton Gathering Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
I live about 45 minutes from Dayton, but have never been there.  Plan on making it this year. :cheers:

Looking forward to meeting you Ranger!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:58 PM »
Well, i will be in attendance for the gathering, however I am Obligated to F.A.S.T. for an RC fly in on Saturday the 19th.  Is there a preferance to do the stearman rides saturday or sunday?   This also leaves us with another activity if anyone is interested?  There will be food and lots of flying at the rc field.  Giant scale to ultra micro, warbirds and the like.  There is also a tailgate swapmeet so good deals on rc stuff is a real possability. I can schedule for saturday if that is what the group prefers, as I have the Stearman at my disposal all of the time.  Please let me know A.S.A.P.  if josh is coming ill bring an acoustic guitar, and im sure we can play together for an hour or so (if anyone else has a guitar or bass bring it with you)  Saturday night.  Ill also see if i csn land a local band if the size of the group warrants it.  SHawk, any thoughts?   I know Stang will be there this year.  I will bring some misc. Food and drinks, snaks and some adult beverages

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »
I know Stang will be there this year.

LOL!

Saturday is probably for the better on the Stearman dates. Is the RC fly-in at the Stearman field?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 02:54:01 PM »
I may b able to make.  Will have to see
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »
This year is a no-go and I doubt there will be any beer left to send with Nef or Chef, after my birthday party  :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 08:45:52 PM »
Well, i will be in attendance for the gathering, however I am Obligated to F.A.S.T. for an RC fly in on Saturday the 19th.  Is there a preferance to do the stearman rides saturday or sunday?   This also leaves us with another activity if anyone is interested?  There will be food and lots of flying at the rc field.  Giant scale to ultra micro, warbirds and the like.  There is also a tailgate swapmeet so good deals on rc stuff is a real possability. I can schedule for saturday if that is what the group prefers, as I have the Stearman at my disposal all of the time.  Please let me know A.S.A.P.  if josh is coming ill bring an acoustic guitar, and im sure we can play together for an hour or so (if anyone else has a guitar or bass bring it with you)  Saturday night.  Ill also see if i csn land a local band if the size of the group warrants it.  SHawk, any thoughts?   I know Stang will be there this year.  I will bring some misc. Food and drinks, snaks and some adult beverages
Fonz, wife and I still interested in jumping out of a perfectly good---hm...I suppose it only has to be partially good, as we've no current plans on landing ;)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
Fonz, wife and I still interested in jumping out of a perfectly good---hm...I suppose it only has to be partially good, as we've no current plans on landing ;)

I'll take pics? I have access to a Go-Pro helmet as well.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »

I know who should ask on the finer points of bailing.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »
I'll take pics? I have access to a Go-Pro helmet as well.
friend of mine did that here in va the  day......she had to sign a release/firm, saying she wouldn't film any of it herself--they had a camera guy, who filmed it, sold it to her (don't know if she's allowed to put it on you-tube,,etc)

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
Waiting on a call back from 40I mgt now.  Also checking on bailing, must supply your own .45 tho.    Gonna see if they can attach green icons to the airplanes this year too.  Rosie, Mama-Fonzerelli, and myself were trying to vulch last year.   And no, the Rc fly-in/ cookout is in Phillipsburg Ohio.  Maybey 20 min or so from SHawk's place.  No alcohol permitted at the fly-in, so you must use a cup!  Free food and lots of cool rc planes, and a swap meet.   Will keep you all posted as info arrives about the Stearman and skydiving.  Anyone else feel inclined to skydive?   :airplane: :cheers:

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
I will see if me and the Uncle can make it out there.

Throw me your number again Porky! I will keep in contact with you through that way I need to speak with you anyway been too long.  :salute :salute

Think DrBone is related to stang.  If he shows we'll know for sure. :rofl

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »
I am very interested in when the Stearman rides will happen… Even if it’s too late to book a ride, I may make the 100mile trip just to shake a few hands and watch the Stearman.

CHEERS! goaly.

My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »
Great old plane, they give you the old style leather flight cap with intercom as well...(better fits the experience)
My Dad learned how to fly in one of those things at Pensacola in 1942....he never stopped talking about how much fun it was. (Apparently, if you pester the guy, he'll let you have the stick for a while as well)

Offline Fonzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
I am very interested in when the Stearman rides will happen… Even if it’s too late to book a ride, I may make the 100mile trip just to shake a few hands and watch the Stearman.

CHEERS! goaly.

It is not too late to book a tearman ride until they shut it down and put it in the hangar!  If iterested come on up.  937-838-7824 is my number.  Call or text with any questions reguardimg the skydiving or flights.  You must fly in an open cockpit warbird atleast once; why not with the rest of us virtual pilots :)

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »
Damn Goaly, your right around the corner at 100 miles. 
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors