Author Topic: Inactive players should be auto disconnected  (Read 5946 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Inactive players should be auto disconnected
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »
I think I see the problem. Eny is not a problem above a certain population level but once the numbers get low it is easy for the metrics to give a distorted version of reality and as Nikon points out he can't while defending a v base by himself against several others use the basic vbase tool called wirb. Maybe eny could take a holiday when numbers fell below a certain point.
Pies not kicks.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 08:37:28 AM »
check the op image

still don't know how he knows they aren't active.. maybe they're doing something in the hangar? maybe they're chatting with friends? maybe they're downloading skins?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »
I think I see the problem. Eny is not a problem above a certain population level but once the numbers get low it is easy for the metrics to give a distorted version of reality and as Nikon points out he can't while defending a v base by himself against several others use the basic vbase tool called wirb. Maybe eny could take a holiday when numbers fell below a certain point.

They all ready do.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »
So there you go.
Pies not kicks.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »
 :furious don't infringe on my right to go afk.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 08:43:55 AM »
I bet this would be different if you paid per hour.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »
:furious don't infringe on my right to go afk.

....and if you go AFK whats the point of staying connected to the game? Just curious.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
....and if you go AFK whats the point of staying connected to the game? Just curious.

i brought up one.. downloading skins..

lusche has mentioned another before, he used to stay on to log bomber landing messages to compute stats.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »

lusche has mentioned another before, he used to stay on to log bomber landing messages to compute stats.

One thing mentioned was perks earned in your side flips the map.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »

Yup and thats what once, twice. These guys make it sound like they are AFK all the time, why?

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2014, 08:23:16 AM »
I was once in a squad and a fellow joined, flew with us for maybe two weeks then he went ask for 3 months.  Every time I logged on there was his name in red in the squad roster.
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »
Every time I logged on there was his name in red in the squad roster.

:rofl

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »
I am curious. How many people understand that the request OP change would not have any NET effect on the eny values.

The original screen shot shows the great selective memory , and only looking at numbers when they are not working for you.

It would be a reasonable assumption that the number of non active players effects all countries the same over a period of time.

Hence there are times where your just flying along all happy because ENY isn't currently effecting you. But if you would look at the roster the reason it would not be effecting you is because players who are not flying are on a different country. Hence granting the OP request. Would simply change the times when the ENY would be effecting the player.

I.E. It all averages out.

Now there is another cause and effect I would be fairly certain happens ,the country with the high numbers have more player not in flight who are simply talking and waiting  hoping the ENY will change.

Hence again these people would not be effect and again the same imbalances would remain.

Next anyone who would wish to remain only line while being inactive would still do so, simply by finding ways around  the current request such as sitting in a field gun, (now the problem is worse because some one who really wants to used the gun can't) Grabing a vehicle some place out of the way. Grabbing a plane and sitting on a runway in a rear field. These are only a few ways that the system would be gotten around.

So we have a request who's net effect would have 0 impact.
The request would create other problems by people trying to get around it.
The request would be a pain for people who were simply afk for a period of time and were coming back.

I.E.
I Don't think I will ever implement this.

HiTech

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »

Hence there are times where your just flying along all happy because ENY isn't currently effecting you. But if you would look at the roster the reason it would not be effecting you is because players who are not flying are on a different country.

I would just like to point out that the people on that country are also unhappy with the ENY they have. I have seen it on channel 200 all the time, every single day. They just haven't brought their displeasure with the ENY system to the BBS yet like the OP has. Having the afk players on a different country doesn't fix the problem, it just moves it to another country. The players on that country will complain about the ENY system and not being able to fly their favorite plane because 50% of their country is afk and they'll just log off. Now that countries numbers have dropped significantly and the ENY problem has moved to another country. Rinse and repeat now.

I think this problem should at least be looked into more. The vast majority of the AH2 community is not happy with it. They just haven't brought it to the BBS yet, but you can see it quite often in the MA on channel 200. Maybe kicking people who are inactive isn't the best solution because it have so many work arounds, but there is a solution out there somewhere that will make everyone happy. We just have to find it.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »
Just last night a squad mate had to take a phone call.  When all was said and done, it took over an hour.

I have heard Vox talk of "I will be right back gone to get a pizza."

It must happen all of the time.  Not sure booting people out would do anything.  If you are worried about a few who stay in case of a perk award, I don't think there are many of those.