Author Topic: Discos  (Read 443 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Discos
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:27:19 PM »
I've discoed 8 times today, after being on for about 50 minutes. The modem indicates internet is working, and the router does as well.

I do play on a wireless device, but connection has been perfect for months and it just went bad about 5 days ago.

Connection on other wireless devices around the house work PERFECTLY, and so does internet on the PC I play AH on. But when I get on AH, it just goes to crap!  :furious :furious :furious

Anyone know what is wrong?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:29:27 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Discos
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »
You cannot compare your browser or other non-real time activities on the Internet to an application which requires a real time connection.

If there are sufficient retries or packet failures, the game has no choice but to disconnect you from the server.

If you are on a wireless connection, you will always have bad days and good days.  There will never be consistent.  It is the nature of the wireless connection.  Sometimes, you need to reset your router.  Other times, it is excess Sun spot activity.  Sounds silly, but it does impact wireless connections.

The best test it to hardwire to the router and see if the problem persists.  If it does, then grab www.pingplotter.com (free download at the bottom of their download page) and run it to the server and see if the issue is the path between you and the servers.

I can tell by looking at the U.S. weather patterns there are parts of the country where there are going to be problems with the Internet today, as it pertains to maintaining a quality connection to the game servers.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com