Author Topic: Steam  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Steam
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
You do realize that you're partially responsible of that said loss, don't you? War does not long for one man, but if a thousand people keep procrastinating, we've lost a regiment.

I paid an account for over a year without even playing; I know some others have done it here as well, but I don't know many who have done this for other games. I think that would speak volumes to the developer; I could of simply closed my account right when I quit; but I wanted to see the game continue to develop that's why I continued to pay even if i didn't even fly one sortie.

I eventually did come back for a week; but my interest was just gone - running a business, lack of time and my father's passing really took its toll. Perhaps in the future.
JG 52

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »
I paid an account for over a year without even playing; I know some others have done it here as well, but I don't know many who have done this for other games. I think that would speak volumes to the developer; I could of simply closed my account right when I quit; but I wanted to see the game continue to develop that's why I continued to pay even if i didn't even fly one sortie.

I eventually did come back for a week; but my interest was just gone - running a business, lack of time and my father's passing really took its toll. Perhaps in the future.

I currently still pay and keep my account active, even though the last time I played was the 2nd Frame for last FSO.  Before then I was in the MA for maybe an hour before 1st Frame.  Going back farther, I couldn't honestly say when I last played, though I would guess at least a month or two.  At this point, aside from FSO (if I remember what time/day it is :o), I don't log in.  I've flown solo bombers long enough, and people willing to do strat runs regularly are non-existent.  Bombers are my thing, not fighters. :)

I'm now waiting on the update, to see how it will change the game.  Things are looking on the up, but I'll wait until release before I get too excited. lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
I currently still pay and keep my account active, even though the last time I played was the 2nd Frame for last FSO. 
I'm now waiting on the update, to see how it will change the game.

Last time we played Diablo 3 was the last time I paid my account - LOL this is how long its been. "I'm now waiting on the update, to see how it will change the game." As am I.
JG 52

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 07:47:31 PM »
Last time we played Diablo 3 was the last time I paid my account - LOL this is how long its been. "I'm now waiting on the update, to see how it will change the game." As am I.

Damn, that be a while. :rofl

I don't think going to Steam, at least right now, would be a good idea.  Maybe after the update though?  Still, 30% is a hard sell for a platform that may or may not help, not to mention that 30% get's shaved off from HTC's subscriptions.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
I think that I would be fine with paying a bit more per month. Especially if it might increase the number of players. I hear several folk talking about the good old days with 600 plus in the arenas. That would be something special for me as I missed those good old days. Maybe not steam but if there is a way, I am game :devil
I think it used to be the orange arena it would be maxed out at 600 I would literally waiting line kept refreshing until someone would log out then I can get in or go to the DA and fine tune my non existent ACM skills but even the furball  arena would have like 60 or more players in it..don't tell HTC but I would pay double to play!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:26:06 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait