Author Topic: Two countries vs Three  (Read 4057 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Two countries vs Three
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
Horseapples! Da 'mishunz' exist to landgrab or toolshed while avoiding combat with other humans like the plague. Anytime a 262 or a Tempest appears over a mishun the game is being done a favor. The poor misguided souls who get shot out of their 110 or buff are also being done a favor, they now have the chance to up and head towards a red bar instead of avoiding it.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 11:32:23 AM »
Every Tuesday night the AVA does Staff squad night. its 2 sided.... bring a squad or 2 or 3 or more.... see how it works out! MA's have 3 sides, the AVA, the SEA and the FSO have 2 sides, give it a whirl!  take your pick!!

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
Horseapples! Da 'mishunz' exist to landgrab or toolshed while avoiding combat with other humans like the plague.

And what if it is?  It then becomes the mission of the opposing team to find the mission and defend against.  That is part of the fun.  

Besides which, I have seen missions that were set up specifically to draw players into a dogfight.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Errr... would love to... yet>

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361085.msg4816619.html#new

I had trouble a couple of weeks ago but I was able to make and join an arena after that and I've seen other custom arenas since so it doesn't appear to affect everybody.

Edit: I just made a custom arena, no problems.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:54:51 PM by FLS »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2014, 12:22:43 PM »
I already tried 2 counties and also 4 counties. So why must I try again?

Hitech

I figured there was a good reason but I was really interested in what the advantage of the three country system is compared to a two country.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
I've come to the realization that what I actually want by supporting this wish is for there to be more of a chance of opposing action for me to work against.  Number of countries doesn't matter, I just want to be able to get in on whatever action is available rather than watching a red bardar on the other front from across the map.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
A mission designed to draw opposition cannot be harmed by the spiez the paranoiacs grouse about. Otherwise, if someone wishes to say that super-secret sneak missions are part of warfare, I will say so are spies, and I say may the cartoon gods bless them.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »

Hitech
:aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

Hitech

Because things have obviously changed.

"I already tried landing off the ILS and couldn't see the approach lights at minimums.   Why must I try again?"    Because the RVR has gone up.   You can get in now.   American and Delta just made it and they said they had the runway at 500 feet.   (Or you can head to your alternate if you so choose.  Whichever is safer.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
I've come to the realization that what I actually want by supporting this wish is for there to be more of a chance of opposing action for me to work against.  Number of countries doesn't matter, I just want to be able to get in on whatever action is available rather than watching a red bardar on the other front from across the map.

Wiley.

I am with you on this one.   Chasing Dar Bars is boring.

Shrink the map in relation to player numbers and leave it three sided then.     I am guessing three sides dampens the volatility of the battles.   Only reasoning I can think of.  But the maps are way too big.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:57:33 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »
ok hitech said no---so thread needs to stop here, not 23 pages later
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »
I am guessing three sides dampens the volatility of the battles.   Only reasoning I can think of.  But the maps are way too big.
On small maps three countries often produce three sided battles near the 3-borders point. Those are fun! You get twice the number of targets and it is funny to see one red guy shooting the other red guy off your 6 :)

Target rich environment for all 3 sides!
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 03:42:24 PM »
My best guess is three countries is like what an old boss told me a long time ago about hiring women.  Never have them work in threes.  Two of them will always join together and fight the third.  I followed his advice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
I figured there was a good reason but I was really interested in what the advantage of the three country system is compared to a two country.

Given the nature of the business I think you can safely assume that Hitech chooses the setup that maintains more subscribers.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 03:47:50 PM »
Given the nature of the business I think you can safely assume that Hitech chooses the setup that maintains more subscribers.

I can't argue with that point.