Author Topic: Two countries vs Three  (Read 4055 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Two countries vs Three
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
All the base takers would congregate in one country and roll the map.  May as well go with a one country set-up.  Then they can log on feeling all warm and fuzzy since they already own the map.

:aok

I have advocated the one country setup myself before!

just log in and let it kick you back to desktop "your side has won the war"

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »

Pretty much is.  WB circa 2008.   You can see where they are.

False comparison. You can compare WB today with AH today or WB in 2008 to AH in 2008. Your choice.

The critical difference will always be that Hitech wrote WB in 1995 then he quit to make a better flight sim.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2014, 02:33:10 PM »
The more I think about two countries, the more I see the flaw.  With two countries, inevitably, one side would become dominate and stay that way.  With three countries, the chance of that is more remote.

Well said.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2014, 02:53:23 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:54:05 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:54:57 PM by hitech »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 06:07:58 PM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:13:58 PM by hitech »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
False comparison. You can compare WB today with AH today or WB in 2008 to AH in 2008. Your choice.

The critical difference will always be that Hitech wrote WB in 1995 then he quit to make a better flight sim.

Same game, essentially, with minor tweaks. Same timeline...so far.   I am hoping it lives another fifty years.   It is the last of its kind.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 06:16:17 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »
Keep in mind my Original Post did not advocate a two country system nor do I now.  I was trying to understand the bases for the current three country system.

Sorry
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2014, 07:00:09 PM »

Which is why dynamic map scaling would please everyone.   There is no need for 250 bases when you have 25-50 players total.   Or even with 200 players.  Too big.

Only ti.e ive ever seen 25 to 50 players on is the early am--- thats not hitechs fought.

And why r we still dissuing this, hitech already said no--
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2014, 07:05:39 PM »
Only ti.e ive ever seen 25 to 50 players on is the early am--- thats not hitechs fought.

And why r we still dissuing this, hitech already said no--

Who is at fault then?   Are those players less important than the prime time horde?   As it stands an entire continent is basically being written off.  People are getting frustrated and logging off.  There should be a way to accommodate them.

I dare say most players have no idea what the other 21 hours of the day they DON'T play are like...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:10:52 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2014, 07:43:16 PM »
Who is at fault then?   Are those players less important than the prime time horde?   As it stands an entire continent is basically being written off.  People are getting frustrated and logging off.  There should be a way to accommodate them.

I dare say most players have no idea what the other 21 hours of they day they DON'T play are like...

While that might be the case, 2 sides isn't the way to do it.

When I think of games that have two sides, I think of Call of Duty. For those who don't know, it's typically matches of 12 v 12 .  Sometimes you would have players switch to make a slightly lobsided match like 9 v 15 .  However, quite often, it was 18 v 6 or better, and the players did it for various reasons. Being a jerk, score (win/loss ratio  :rolleyes: ), etc.   

I personally think a good solution would be to limit what bases players could take off from, and make it so they could only take off from bases more on the front lines or closer to each other. Making the bigger maps 'smaller', by limited the bases you could take off from, would make finding fights at late hours (or off peak times) easier. 

Edit:  Interesting, while looking for an old post of mine with screenshots of the idea. I found this.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,300387.0.html

While this was discontinued if I am not mistaken. I think it has merit here for this topic. (Note: not my intention to hi-jack but to me it relates to the topic and is a possible solution.)

Instead of 3 areas, like in the link, why not have 1 'off peak' arena, and one 'prime time' arena, that run on a similar clock to the link above. The 'off peak' arena would have small maps only, or small/medium maps. And the other would be what the rotation is now.     

While I can see some cons to it, I won't bother writing an article on it, but I'll let you guys munch on it now that I thrown some potential new meat.. but what do I know, it could be just air *shrug*  .

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Same game, essentially, with minor tweaks.

You must have some notion of property rights even if you can't tell the difference simply by playing.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »
You must have some notion of property rights even if you can't tell the difference simply by playing.

And Copyrights.   Doesn't matter.   Frankly I am surprised IEN and HTC didn't sue each other out of business. Probably agreed to disagree and do their own thing.   (I don't blame Hitech for leaving, fwiw.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:54:46 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned