Author Topic: Odd Warthog Problem  (Read 478 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Odd Warthog Problem
« on: April 25, 2014, 10:20:46 AM »
I have a Thrustmaster Warthog, and (only in Aces) now and then it does some weird, weird stuff...

The two-stage trigger is set to fire MGs (or primary guns?) and then the second stage is set to fire all guns.

The secondary weapons button (left of the hat) is set to fire only secondary (generally cannons).

Every now and then (more often now) the secondary weapon button will stick... and I will just be blowing through cannon rounds like its cool.  (My Kh% was over 10%, now it's under 5 because of this.)  A short burst turns into a long rock-and-roll-holy-balls-make-it-stop... really blows in a Ki-84 with the high RoF, or the K4 with the short 30mm clip.  It completely ruins whatever I am doing too, because I start wigging out trying to get it to stop, and in the middle of a dogfight, it's catastrophic.

Another oddity is that at times I will spawn out and my guns will already be firing until I hit the trigger... this seems to only happen when I die with the trigger held down (which happens a lot when you're getting gang banged by multiple cons).

Now, it never does this in Warthunder, IL2-CLOD, etc... 

Regardless of it only happening in Aces, I THINK the "sticking" problem is most likely something to do with the stick itself or the software and its interacting with Aces.

I am wondering if anyone else has/had this problem... the triggers are mapped directly to the keyboard keys... I may try mapping them directly in Aces, but that kind of jacks my TARGET config.

Thanks in advance!

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Odd Warthog Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:29 AM »
You can map the triggers to DX buttons in TARGET then program them in AH.

I don't use TARGET, I just set everything up in AH.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
I use target but haven't had that problem.  I backup the file then delete the secondary button function then put it back in.

You know target has a test function so give the event tester a go and see if you are getting multiple commands.

Now another thing too is it could be coming from another slide or flip switch that is on and hold with an Alt or Ctrl function.

If you have a throttle you could keep the throttle on target and uncheck the joystick and set it up in AH just to see.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 09:40:55 AM »
I will give those both a whirl, thanks guys... unbelievable how something so simple can wreck your good time.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »
Some flight sims require some type of third party software, for the stick to work, which does interfere with Aces High.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:57:58 AM »
Usually when I'm in a gv fight and I am trying to shoot when I get killed, when I respawn my guns will fire till I hit the F key (fire button) to make it stop....very strange... :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
I have a Thrustmaster Warthog, and (only in Aces) now and then it does some weird, weird stuff...

The two-stage trigger is set to fire MGs (or primary guns?) and then the second stage is set to fire all guns.

The secondary weapons button (left of the hat) is set to fire only secondary (generally cannons).

Every now and then (more often now) the secondary weapon button will stick... and I will just be blowing through cannon rounds like its cool.  (My Kh% was over 10%, now it's under 5 because of this.)  A short burst turns into a long rock-and-roll-holy-balls-make-it-stop... really blows in a Ki-84 with the high RoF, or the K4 with the short 30mm clip.  It completely ruins whatever I am doing too, because I start wigging out trying to get it to stop, and in the middle of a dogfight, it's catastrophic.

Another oddity is that at times I will spawn out and my guns will already be firing until I hit the trigger... this seems to only happen when I die with the trigger held down (which happens a lot when you're getting gang banged by multiple cons).

Now, it never does this in Warthunder, IL2-CLOD, etc...  

Regardless of it only happening in Aces, I THINK the "sticking" problem is most likely something to do with the stick itself or the software and its interacting with Aces.

I am wondering if anyone else has/had this problem... the triggers are mapped directly to the keyboard keys... I may try mapping them directly in Aces, but that kind of jacks my TARGET config.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem occasionally with my CH Combat Stick.  The thumb button (cannons) sometimes get stuck and will keep firing until I press another button.  It doesn't happen often but it does happen from time to time.  Never have been able to get rid of it, I've tried mapping the thumb button as a key press (B) or a joystick button (Btn 2) but nothing has fully gotten rid of it.  Thought it might have been my button switch going dead on me but it just happened the other night with a brand new CH Combat Stick so I don't think it's a physical issue with the hardware.  Not sure if it's the .map file either as it has also happened when I'm not using a .map file and just the default AH settings.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 05:19:00 AM »
I use the target software and have the same issue that if I die while I was releasing bombs or whatever then when I respawn, my guns are firing on the runway.

My assumption is that the target software was giving a hold signal to your guns key but it doesn't clear when you respawn, unless you hit the button again.

<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7