Author Topic: Peripheral Vision  (Read 1059 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Peripheral Vision
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 05:57:39 AM »
The 17lbr is a horribly effective gun against GV if you can see them. The reticle structure is easy to learn how to range in a few rounds. And you can sniper tanks the moment they expose themselves just a tiny part killing many in a single shot once ranged.

All of this may be along the lines of not giving the 88 the higher traverse speed gear. It would be too easy to almost shoot as well as being in a 5incher pulling snap shots on low fighters running down the runway. Back when the 17lb still had F3 mode, it was too easy to be waiting for tanks that you could see past berms from your elevated position before they exposed themselves.

Similar in simplicity to how you can use F3 mode in an A20 to force fighters to collide with you, which awards the kill to the A20. After all, it was the fighter's fault it was too close to avoid the A20 when it suddenly pulled up. Essentially you still chose to fly your fighter into the A20 regardless of the A20's actions. Same thing used to happen with the IL2 before it lost F3.

Don't need F3 mode in the 17 pounder, simply the more realistic concept, that the gunner, or the whole gun ncrew could turn their heads and look around.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »
all it needs is a commander view just like a tank.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »
all it needs is a commander view just like a tank.

Exactly!

+++1

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »
Don't need F3 mode in the 17 pounder, simply the more realistic concept, that the gunner, or the whole gun ncrew could turn their heads and look around.

And I guess reading is not required to use a BBS:

All of this may be along the lines of not giving the 88 the higher traverse speed gear.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 01:52:44 AM »

All of this may be along the lines of not giving the 88 the higher traverse speed gear.

However sarcasm and derogatory inferences are very much a part of the bbs.

I want the 88 to have the correct traverse speed, I want the 17 pounder to function in a realistic way. I want the crew of crew served vehicles to be torn to pieces by multitudes of hot flying metal irrespective of calibre, along with tank commanders with their upper bodies exposed.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 11:36:25 AM »

I doubt it, because you used to be able to look around.  It more seems to be along the lines of:  they broke it with the new GV system, and just haven't gotten around to fixing it. The gunsight used to have range markings too.. they disappeared with one update or another..  hitech said he was going to fix that too.. this was years ago.  I reckon the 17lb field gun is very low on the list.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.