Author Topic: Fixing issues  (Read 413 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Fixing issues
« on: July 23, 2014, 04:02:31 PM »
In recent times I have had my share of issues.

1. Couldn't get rudder pedals to calibrate. Turns out they were bad from the get-go. They would actually catch when trying to use the rudders. I won't order from Amazon again and in fact I ordered the current set from Walmart. They go bad take them back.

2. Had warping and stuttering, Found a tool bar, must have downloaded by accident. That fixed that issue. As Skuzzy call them, pretty viruses. Those things are nasty.

3. Rudder problems again. What the heck! The rudders were smooth and yet wouldn't stay calibrated. Thought I would check the powered hub. Didn't there use to be a light there. I've had a dozen power surges over the winter and I think it took its toll. Touched the hub and all controls disappeared from the CH Control Manager. Unplugged them and replugged them into the back of the computer and 2 to the front. Better, but still some issues. Then I plugged them all in the back. Much better.

4. Warping and freezing especially in heavy traffic. Late Saturday Night, 3 a.m Sunday morning, I couldn't take it any more. So I told my C.O. I pulling the card out and using my old radeon 3850. Then I had a thought, lets delete all the associated programs and reinstall new drivers. That worked great!

I will be getting another powered hub at some point but this is pretty good for now. BTW, wow is the game so much more fun when you aren't guessing your shots and straining your eyes.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter