Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 21286 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »
Vraciu. if I pressed play on the film, picked up the screen and threw it at you, you'd still not realise the truth hit you.

Skyyr wont refute anything I have said because he'd have to lie about it, and a rematch of the 190D rounds would end in the same manner.

Now go. shoo!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »
Can you feel the love?

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:31 AM »
Can you feel the love?

(Image removed from quote.)

Now I have my least favoite Elton John song running through my head. Thanks for that!  Damn you, sir... Damn you.  :lol

Dollby: I'm not going to get into the background stuff... I was not there and don't care. Respectfully, losing to you is hardly a stain on one's skills. I've been here 10+ years and would be lucky to win one out of ten matches against you. I would be remiss if I didn't point out Skyyr has been here 6 months and came a lot closer than I would in similar circumstances.  ;)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »

Keep with the squad motto and "don't give a damn

:old:

Excellent advice sir.  :)  :salute

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 09:35:06 AM »
Least favorite Elton John song?   :uhoh
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
Least favorite Elton John song?   :uhoh

There are some good ones.. Like... Um..... Ah...  :bolt:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:38 AM »
Skyyr has been here 6 months

He has been around online WW2 combat sims for much longer than that, longer than I infact.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:33 AM »
He has been around online WW2 combat sims for much longer than that, longer than I infact.

Indeed he has, or I for that matter. But we both play other Sims.... So you and I both know while ACM remains the same across flight Sims the modeling of Flight characteristics, gunnery and other factors do not. AH modeling is some of the most difficult I've ever encountered.... Takes time to get used to.

Just sayin', mon ami.  :) :salute

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
This game models induced drag differently (read: horribly). So, while we have played Sims for a long time, we haven't played *this* one for long and we are still learning physics of this one. We haven't lived in this environment for nearly as long as most people here.

That being said, this is an interesting video of a "duel" turned into training session, I'd really like to see the original film file, with chat log included and the dates when these "duels" happened. Because they were so conveniently missing from the YouTube video.

I would really love to see the context in which these were taken,so we can all learn from this valuable training session.

Could you please provide them so I can study them?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 11:40:39 AM »
What would the chat logs have to do with any of this? The vid speaks for itself. I haven't seen him come by to refute any of this which also speaks volumes.

You had a guy that was clearly without a clue as to what to do at the merge and consistently so. He didn't have an energy advantage in these duels to where he could just toss away angles as he did and that cost him time and again. In the one fight where he did get at least a shot at Dolby, it was a last ditch attempt to get him as he had clearly roped himself but didn't recognise it. Skyrr got schooled here by one of the better sticks in the game nuff said. But I don't think that was the point (I hope! :angel:). The point I hope was--what not to do on the merge.

If the '"style" is: if I don't lose the other guy can't win-- that's not much of a style. Extending from 1v1 fights isn't a style. And it's no way to gain any respect here--not that I think that matters to you. Which is a shame speaking as long time member of the Damned. This is not the way that squad ever rolled. We fought well and won and lost well. We were active in events. We were trainers. It truely saddens me to see them represented with this kind. All good I guess as I'm not longer with them. TC's got his work cut out for him.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »
The context in which these took place had everything to do with it,

If I pull you in the DA under the pretense of "training" or friendly discourse and say "try this" then shoot you down then post a video a couple of months later to prove how much better I am, context is everything. Original AH films please, as I said.

I want to learn from this training experience.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »
The context in which these took place had everything to do with it,

If I pull you in the DA under the pretense of "training" or friendly discourse and say "try this" then shoot you down then post a video a couple of months later to prove how much better I am, context is everything. Original AH films please, as I said.

I want to learn from this training experience.

:)

I'm pretty sure Dolby didn't tell Skyyr, "Hey dude, come to the DA with me so I can beat the brakes off you,  expose you as all hat and no cattle, film it, and post it on the BBS."  That's probably the only only scenario where you wouldn't pull an Ahhh Haaa and judge the entire film void because Skyyr wasn't properly informed of the circumstances. 

All of this "Skyyr has only been flying for _______ months you loosers!" is getting old too.  If he/you/you guys haven't been flying that long and don't know the lay of the land, you should probably do more flying and less typing. 

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
Just to make things clear, I have attached the lead up to the DA session to this post.
There is no mention or intention of any training in the lead up as I have stated.

(yes this is much shortened to get around the 6000kb limit that wont allow a 5Mb film file upload  :rolleyes: )
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:29:14 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »
I'm not asking for the lead up to DA heh, I am asking for the fights of the "duels". you can put the files in Google drive or drop box..I can set up the account for you if you'd like.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
Set it up. I'll upload the folder containing each and every film.

I expect Skyyr's films will also be uploaded as well to corroborate Skyyrs side, Vraciu and yourself are pushing as all training.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:51:54 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho