Author Topic: Bowe Bergdahl free!  (Read 2248 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Bowe Bergdahl free!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2014, 04:31:58 PM »
Oh, but for the day when such a thing might be possible...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:38 PM »
5 years as a pow.. then god knows what..

technically... not a POW.  Desertion and abandonment seems to be more in line terms.  Something tells me he was not held against his will, tortured, starved, or abused as many of us think he was.

If in fact he did desert or abandon his post "to get lost in the mountains", then he should face up and meet his doom via military tribunal.  If the Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces gives him a "get out of jail free" card, then he walks.  THAT will be sad and the CiC will lose much of my respect.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 05:35:56 PM »
He sought out Taliban and gave them training he recieved.
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:56 AM »
I'm waiting for the military to get finished with their investigation and make the decision which way to go. I am fairly certain a court marshal is in his future. I am very unhappy with his father especially for the statement at the whitehouse.

As to a POW status, that will be finally set to rest one way or the other at the court. Frankly, if half of the allegations are true we got the wrong end of the stick in the "deal" and traded the equivalent of five taliban general officers for a PFC benedict arnold.

I agree with the General, the guy is innocent until proven otherwise. If he is guilty I'd be happy to help slam the door at Leavenworth on him or pull the lever.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »
If there was desertion, or if the stories of outright treason are true, I don't expect much to happen to the guy for [can't talk about it here] reasons.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:30:39 PM by Skuzzy »
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:30:52 PM by Skuzzy »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »
I think he should feel the full fury of the UCMJ.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 03:03:36 PM »
I might as well rule 1-14 myself because this thread should be locked, the truth is out on the web - simply look for his platoon leaders name and read up what he has to say about Bowe.
I am not going to bother giving my own opinion, I know Skuzzy would PNG me if I even bothered to write one sentence, I am surprised this thread isn't locked already  because of the political nature of it.

In my opinion if his Platoon leader is telling the truth, this guys going to prison for a very long time.
JG 52

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
I am not going to bother giving my own opinion, I know Skuzzy would PNG me if I even bothered to write one sentence, I am surprised this thread isn't locked already  because of the political nature of it.

Been there, done that myself (unintentionally of course). Skuzzy has to accommodate a broad multinational group of forum members. Cut him some slack on this one. I know I wouldn't want to moderate this discussion.
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 03:51:24 PM »
I know. I hold him no malice... Understand, I didn't actually say anything, but it was the way I didn't say anything that got me 14'd, I think.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
I know. I hold him no malice... Understand, I didn't actually say anything, but it was the way I didn't say anything that got me 14'd, I think.

It was the quote that got you.

I know this topic is going to end up going the way of the do-do soon.  It cannot help but go there, given what is happening at the moment.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
It was the quote that got you.

I know this topic is going to end up going the way of the do-do soon.  It cannot help but go there, given what is happening at the moment.

I see. I've heard them called "sneering" quotes before. Lesson learned. I say no more on this topic.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
I can save this thread!

We can talk about Jim Bowie instead, and his excellent knives!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
I can save this thread!

We can talk about Jim Bowie instead, and his excellent knives!

Nope, as that will lead into both gun and political talk.

Sorry, but that is just the way this board works.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com