Author Topic: 30mm is buggy  (Read 12955 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: 30mm is buggy
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »
Since we have an all or nothing damage mode, what you just said it's entirely possible. You're doing damage; to claim otherwise it's just idiotic. You're just not killing parts, which is another thing entirely.

This is not correct. Tanks are modeled like this, aircraft are not. Each part has a certain threshold of damage it can absorb before it fails. This is why you can have someone hit an opponents left wing 3x with 20mm, and have no apparent damage. One further ping from a .303 burst would be enough to take it off and award the kill to the player that landed the 3x 20mm hits with no apparent damage.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
This is not correct. Tanks are modeled like this, aircraft are not. Each part has a certain threshold of damage it can absorb before it fails. This is why you can have someone hit an opponents left wing 3x with 20mm, and have no apparent damage. One further ping from a .303 burst would be enough to take it off and award the kill to the player that landed the 3x 20mm hits with no apparent damage.

Reread what I posted, as this is exactly what I said.

Hes doing damage, he just hasn't destroyed any parts. Or rather, any visible parts. He may perhaps have destroyed guns, or gear or something.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »
B26 was actually known to be quite fragile :old:
See Rule #4

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »
Have tested in offline mode and the bigger bombers can absorb a 30mm hit without falling apart and sometimes it looks like they do no damage. (nothing is falling of the bomber) But it looks more like u have to hit them with more than one 30mm to kill them. The "bug" is simply a hit that is not enough to make the bomber go down.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
A pilot's .45 will do damage, as evidenced by the fact that you can get assists. It will not, however, get you a kill.

I have plenty of kills of previously undamaged planes, jeeps, and acks with the .45

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2015, 11:06:51 PM »
I have plenty of kills of previously undamaged planes, jeeps, and acks with the .45

I think you understand the point I was making. And I will thank you to refrain from using a serious thread as an opportunity to toot your own horn. You do that enough elsewhere that it already wears thin.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2015, 02:37:20 AM »
The bug is not that the Bomber isnt "going down", it is that the B26 engine was un-damaged (u really tyhink if it had been, no fuel/oil leak would have occured with a 30 mm direct hit?) Anyhow, i see where this is going, i just hope HTC have a look and confirm (or not) what i suspect. :old:

Have tested in offline mode and the bigger bombers can absorb a 30mm hit without falling apart and sometimes it looks like they do no damage. (nothing is falling of the bomber) But it looks more like u have to hit them with more than one 30mm to kill them. The "bug" is simply a hit that is not enough to make the bomber go down.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2015, 08:41:56 AM »
Undamaged? Saw a fuel leak, a gear and an aileron fall of...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:55 AM »
The bug is not that the Bomber isnt "going down", it is that the B26 engine was un-damaged (u really tyhink if it had been, no fuel/oil leak would have occured with a 30 mm direct hit?) Anyhow, i see where this is going, i just hope HTC have a look and confirm (or not) what i suspect. :old:

I believe that you weren't actually hitting the engine. You are aware that it doesn't extend all the way through the wing, right?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
Reread what I posted

I did, and it's not called an "all or nothing damage model." That is the system the tanks have in place. It's an accumulative damage model with a failure threshold.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2015, 12:06:13 PM »
I did, and it's not called an "all or nothing damage model." That is the system the tanks have in place. It's an accumulative damage model with a failure threshold.

I mean that a part is either destroyed, or it is not. You can not shoot off half a flap, or tear off a chunk of wing. Things do not become less effective with damage taken, and do not appear damaged until they are destroyed.

All, or nothing.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
I think you understand the point I was making. And I will thank you to refrain from using a serious thread as an opportunity to toot your own horn. You do that enough elsewhere that it already wears thin.

Not at all..........anybody can get kills with the pistol yet you claim it is not possible.

I was correcting your incorrect statement.

Here is a film of six 30mm landed HO on a KI84 which then flies away.

FbKampfer smells like Dolby.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:01:19 PM by icepac »

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2015, 08:28:00 PM »
If u see in film what others like me dont (at first 30mm hit on engine of plane 1, there is no aileron loss/leak/etc...) then plz give me ur dope provider name !  :D

Undamaged? Saw a fuel leak, a gear and an aileron fall of...

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2015, 12:07:39 AM »
I demand to be compensated for all the times I have gotten wings shot off by the non-damaging 30mm.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2015, 02:53:06 PM »

Not at all..........anybody can get kills with the pistol yet you claim it is not possible.

I was correcting your incorrect statement.

(Image removed from quote.)

Here is a film of six 30mm landed HO on a KI84 which then flies away.

FbKampfer smells like Dolby.

The KI84 in that film did not fly away.  It also does not show any problem with the 30mm round.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com