Author Topic: 30mm is buggy  (Read 12994 times)

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
Re: 30mm is buggy
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:35:55 PM by Skuzzy »
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
The KI84 in that film did not fly away.  It also does not show any problem with the 30mm round.

Could the issue be not with the 30mm but rather with some of the planes not registering 30mm hits/damage?  I seem to recall a few years ago there was an issue like this with 30mm and other cannons not registering hits due to some planes not correctly registering cannon hits.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
Could the issue be not with the 30mm but rather with some of the planes not registering 30mm hits/damage?  I seem to recall a few years ago there was an issue like this with 30mm and other cannons not registering hits due to some planes not correctly registering cannon hits.

There can always be a damage bug, in any model.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »
Dropped packets might explain some of this.

Many guys landing 30mms are usually being hosed down by a buff gunner and they could possibly die before the damage shows on their end.

I've swept across 3 lancs with 30mms in 110g and flown away only to hear them blow up after I've turned around.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 10:09:36 PM »
People still think there isn't a bug with the 30mm?? Explain this to me then. 30mm hit right into the cockpit of another 109K4 and he flies away completely undamaged. This is the one really good example I still had left in my film folder as it was starting to fill up with examples of the 30mm bug and I needed to clean it out.

And the film in case you think I'm lying. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1y9k5dgjf1p5m73/tater+fails+point+blank_0653.ahf

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45:35 PM »
I see a cheese poof on the tail, not the cockpit. Possible you simply didn't straight out kill the pilot. Does the 30mm fire all HE rounds, or a mix like the 20mm's? Also, no guarantee that a round on the cockpit necessarily equals a kill  of the pilot, regardless.

And if there is in fact a bug in the 30mm, it will be shown in a statistical analysis of kills of the K4. I've asked Snailman, and you're more than welcome to do it yourself.

I will say that it will lend more credibility to your assertion than speculation from films, since we can't analyze the code ourselves.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2015, 04:13:18 AM »

And the film in case you think I'm lying. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1y9k5dgjf1p5m73/tater+fails+point+blank_0653.ahf

You can (and will have to) attach ahf files to your messages in this forum. (max file size 8MB)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2015, 04:15:40 AM »
Does the 30mm fire all HE rounds, or a mix like the 20mm's?

20mm, as all guns in AH don't fire 'a mix' of rounds. All rounds have the same properties, you don't have mixed belts a la "AP, HE, HEI-T" or so.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
People still think there isn't a bug with the 30mm?? Explain this to me then. 30mm hit right into the cockpit of another 109K4 and he flies away completely undamaged. This is the one really good example I still had left in my film folder as it was starting to fill up with examples of the 30mm bug and I needed to clean it out.

Are you sure you fired your secondary weapon, as your primary is the MG.  Cannot open anything at mediafire for security reasons.  It would not help anyway as we would need the original film so we have our tools to access exactly what was fired and what was hit.

Right now, the only complaint I see is you want the damage model to be more precise in what is graphically depicted.  Without the original film, that is all that can be surmised.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:50:22 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »
In his AH Stats Megathread, Lusche says your complaints don't correlate to anything significant.

I trust him not to lie about data. And I have always placed my  faith in science, and statistics. As far as I'm concerned, you all have no idea what you're whining about until HTC says otherwise.

Kampfer out. <S>
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Kampfer, please, instead of keeping polluting this thread with  "no it's not bugged because i say it's not" posts after each person's thread about that B.U.G, why dont u just wait for HTC to investigate this B.U.G and let HTC tell us what is happening here ? A 30mm hit (like Latrobe one)on a K4 at this so close distance, wherever around cockpit, should have exploded the plane.

VR,
L

In his AH Stats Megathread, Lusche says your complaints don't correlate to anything significant.

I trust him not to lie about data. And I have always placed my  faith in science, and statistics. As far as I'm concerned, you all have no idea what you're whining about until HTC says otherwise.

Kampfer out. <S>

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 11:15:33 AM »
I trust him not to lie about data. And I have always placed my  faith in science, and statistics

Stats can't cover everything. It would only reflect a sweeping, global problem. If the 30mm were to be just buggy under certain rare conditions, or for a few individual  computers, it would drown in the noise of the data, so to speak.
Combining my own experience as a heavy tater user and my stats I just can say with some authority (snicker) that there is no sweeping global problem, but that does not mean there's none at all.
That's what films are for. ;)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2015, 11:48:48 AM »

Stats can't cover everything. It would only reflect a sweeping, global problem. If the 30mm were to be just buggy under certain rare conditions, or for a few individual  computers, it would drown in the noise of the data, so to speak.
Combining my own experience as a heavy tater user and my stats I just can say with some authority (snicker) that there is no sweeping global problem, but that does not mean there's none at all.
That's what films are for. ;)
Intelligence and humility...... :old:
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:36 PM »
Where you see the cheesy poof is not where the 30mm round actually hit.
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2015, 03:34:34 PM »
Where you see the cheesy poof is not where the 30mm round actually hit.

Your own gunnery is calculated on your FE.  Film of your own gunnery is the only accurate point of view, isn't it?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11