Author Topic: country stereotypes ??  (Read 4136 times)

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
Re: country stereotypes ??
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
Hello my name is WEZEL and I am a Knight, I like to kill red guys  :neener:

what were we talking about again  :headscratch:

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »
Indeed. If you wanna provocate any of us, start an other thread in the o'club and stop hijacking this one. None of us will refuse to take part in your little game. Til' then, leave this thread alone. Danke.

No one was trolling you, Debrody, at least not initially. I disagreed with you.

I do not see a difference between the sides... Not a significant one at any rate.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »
No one was trolling you, Debrody, at least not initially. I disagreed with you.

I do not see a difference between the sides... Not a significant one at any rate.

Ignore him. He's just a grumpy stubborn Hungarian.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 01:56:32 AM »
He's just a grumpy stubborn Hungarian.
Absolutely, little shade.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 02:56:25 AM »
There’s not that much difference between countries….Yes there is.

The Bish do horde, but they do it well. They’re a lot more together when it comes to taking fields. It’s true, they have motivated people that the rest take notice of and they take fields well. Moreover they take fields back very well. Their defence however is not that frightening.

The Knights have the best permanent pilots, taking out the crew who swap regularly. The hard core Knights who are always Knights are potentially the best pilots in game. I’m not sure that war winning is high on their agenda though. That said, the permanent Knights don’t have to take fields. They fight better in one v one’s than the Bish.

You have to factor in squads and individuals who go from country to country (notwithstanding the 12 hour rule). They don’t count in this opinion. I wish some of the hardcore country loyal crew would swap occasionally. It would be good to get to know them.

The Rooks? No idea. Mirror analysis is pointless. We seem to almost be OK in taking fields but that improves markedly when crew are focussed. I see some good sticks in Rooks, but I don’t know what they’re like to fight against. We changed to Knights for a month or so when the v-crew became Rooks and one night I flew Bish because, because…..I forget.

That’s only an opinion over 73 tours. Others have a far greater sample range to gather info. There is a lot more ack hugging and running away now. There’s a far greater percentage in GV’s now which is detracting from the core of the game. The numbers seem to be dwindling ever so slowly, though just one red guy not running or circling ack is all that’s required.

The big maps are fairly redundant now. It is better with the small maps and everyone crammed in. It makes for mayhem and chaos which is good.

For mine, I don’t care for graphics updates. They’re fine, but obviously it has to be done to attract more players. I'm also not enamoured with any additional aircraft being added. I would though like the field ack halved, the maps in rotation halved in size, the scores not to be re-set every tour, the amount of GV spawns halved. I get concerned that one day I am going to log on and Aces High won’t be there.

I don’t play any other game on line (or off for that matter). I would hazard a guess and say numbers have gone done by 60% over the past few years. Unfortunate that the silent majority that enjoy the game and the friendships have to suffer the “inner circle” with their repeat posts and use of emoticons as a substitute for thought and word.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
I've said it before, and I will say it again....

The AK's rotate each tour to a different country.  Other than the stalwarts who are country loyal, all 3 chess pieces are the same.  All sides have the same whines about the other.  It's really funny actually.  If it weren't for the loyalists, IMHO, I couldn't tell you what country I am flying with.  Others may feel differently, but I have been flying since 2006, and for the first 2 years, I was on a squad that was nit only.  I was glad when I joined the AK's because they rotated. 

If you are country loyal, you really need to reconsider as you are missing out on a great part of the game.  Country loyal players tend to develop an "us" against "them" attitude.  When you rotate, even if infrequently, it relieves a lot of tension you may feel for your adversary.  It's really hard to be a giant sphincter to someone on 200, because he may be the one who is giving you a check 6 next week. 

I have used this analogy before.  It's like that Friday after thanksgiving flag football game you play with your friends.  You choose sides, and play your heart out.  Afterwards you  :cheers: and talk about the great plays... plays both sides made. 

It's a game people, not war.  There is no "them", only "us".

YMMV
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:57 AM »

The AK's rotate each tour to a different country.  Other than the stalwarts who are country loyal, all 3 chess pieces are the same.  All sides have the same whines about the other.  It's really funny actually.  If it weren't for the loyalists, IMHO, I couldn't tell you what country I am flying with.  Others may feel differently, but I have been flying since 2006, and for the first 2 years, I was on a squad that was nit only.  I was glad when I joined the AK's because they rotated. 

If you are country loyal, you really need to reconsider as you are missing out on a great part of the game.  Country loyal players tend to develop an "us" against "them" attitude.  When you rotate, even if infrequently, it relieves a lot of tension you may feel for your adversary.  It's really hard to be a giant sphincter to someone on 200, because he may be the one who is giving you a check 6 next week. 

I have used this analogy before.  It's like that Friday after thanksgiving flag football game you play with your friends.  You choose sides, and play your heart out.  Afterwards you  :cheers: and talk about the great plays... plays both sides made. 

YMMV

all so true.

:aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »

YMMV

Well spoken.  :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »

YMMV

I was said country loyal player. I joined and was randomly assigned the rooks I ended up after 2 months in an old rook loyal side. I started to develop a hate towards pilots that smacked me over and over again. Until a a squadie of mine and another rook player had a word war and my countryman was reported by their whole squad and squelched did we deside to leave the rooks. I agree that leaving ur country can and does alleviate a Lot of the hate, that being said I am still new to the game at a year and a half and there are better players, I now take a loss as a learning exp and know that I may win the next fight. Those enemy's I had early on are now motivation to get better.

"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 07:18:41 PM »

The AK's rotate each tour to a different country.  Other than the stalwarts who are country loyal, all 3 chess pieces are the same.  All sides have the same whines about the other.  It's really funny actually.  If it weren't for the loyalists, IMHO, I couldn't tell you what country I am flying with.  Others may feel differently, but I have been flying since 2006, and for the first 2 years, I was on a squad that was nit only.  I was glad when I joined the AK's because they rotated.  

If you are country loyal, you really need to reconsider as you are missing out on a great part of the game.  Country loyal players tend to develop an "us" against "them" attitude.  When you rotate, even if infrequently, it relieves a lot of tension you may feel for your adversary.  It's really hard to be a giant sphincter to someone on 200, because he may be the one who is giving you a check 6 next week.

I have used this analogy before.  It's like that Friday after thanksgiving flag football game you play with your friends.  You choose sides, and play your heart out.  Afterwards you  :cheers: and talk about the great plays... plays both sides made.  

It's a game people, not war.  There is no "them", only "us".

YMMV

if some players are giant sphincters as you say, switching countries wont really do anything to change them.  there's more than a few people that rotate at will and they will never change.  you dont really have to change countries to make friends either.  I hardly ever change and I have a couple of friends here and there.

but I do agree that some people need to understand that it is just a game.  too many individual and squads will hold a grudge that is just laughable.

I have gotten into many arguments with some players here the bb for some reason or another.  and more than once I have gotten pm's from people  who are surprised when I stick around to help or defend them while flying in the ma.

and more than once I have gotten comments about how glad they are that I got shot down.  I just laugh about it.  go get a new airplane and forget about it.

semp
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 08:38:26 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
I'm not country loyal!  :old:

As long as I'm not flying on bish.  :neener:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »
you dont really have to change countries to make friends either.  I hardly ever change and I have a couple of friends here and there.

too many individual and squads will hold a grudge that is just laughable.
So you have never flown with those friends. Gotcha, youre absolutely not missing any part of the fun this game offers  :lol

Also the funny thing is, youre just one of "those" individuals  :rofl
AoM
City of ice

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2014, 12:49:30 AM »
Hi Wezel!

First order of business is handing out chips...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
hmmm... i will hold back my comments on this.