Author Topic: Scoring  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Scoring
« Reply #210 on: June 15, 2014, 06:09:58 PM »
I'm waiting for the raw AH film to be delivered to me. 

Skyjer, the ball is in your court. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: June 15, 2014, 07:52:18 PM »
Great example of a purse fight right here!

Back after commercials....

:lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: June 15, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
On topic: As long as I'm #1 the scoring system is fine.  :rock

you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: June 15, 2014, 09:58:21 PM »
Interesting reply, INK. You do realize that there were no insinuations made in that video, correct? It was honestly the only FRAPS video I had of a HO, and it just happened to be of you. It was fortuitously coincidental, as it made my point about the fact that we do engage targets that shoot back (and also ones shoot first head-on), but it was not a jab at you whatsoever. A jab at the hypocrisy of the situation, yes, but not at you in particular. That said, you obviously have feelings on the subject, so I'll do my best to reply.

what you should post up there also......Syyrr is the "fights" .....of your ganging and  HO first pass then run like a girl "extend" away ....

First, let's make sure we're clear on the definition of "HO." A head-on (HO) shot is just that - head-on - it implies zero-deflection (or very close to near-zero). Therefore, unless you are going straight and setting up for a shot, and unless I'm also going straight, setting up for a shot, it's not a HO; hence the phrase, "It takes two to HO." A true HO is the easiest shot in the game to avoid, to quote Latrobe. You might want to check with him if you're having problems with them.

With that, very, very few of my engagements with you have involved HO's (unless you're stating that you yourself are setting up for a head-on pass as well, which would make you a hypocrite). Correctly-named, they are front-quarter guns solutions. Believe it or not, I try to avoid actual HO's a majority of the time if it's obvious the other guy is going to try to maneuver for a shot. However, you are very predictable and you pull the same maneuvers over and over and over, so it becomes very easy to shoot at you at the merge. Why? Your gunnery is lacking (by your own admission), you make it obvious that you're not going to defend against a shot, and you maintain the same set of tactics. You are a PRIME merge-shot target, as I have absolutely nothing to risk by taking the shot against you.

Also, none of the fights (at least from this day) were "gangings," that's from another day (and even then, it wasn't, but more on that below).

and then...... lead up to this film where I get sick of it and just HO first....but unlike you my HOing skills are subpar......

You get "sick" of it? It's a game. It's actually rather abnormal for anyone, let alone a grown man, to have an adverse emotional reaction to what is ultimately a result of their own flight style in a freaking video game. But hey, whatever.

or you should post the one where I am fighting you and a couple of your  squadies from ...what was it 15K to the deck and you guys took how Long? HO after HO after HO.......

For some reason, you decided to switch from discussing the current set of fights to another day, as these fights happened two days after the timeframe that the sortie in question was from. Just as long as we're clear on that...

So, let me get this straight - on this particular sortie, you come in, with tons and tons of smash (much more than we had), try to engage two 190's and a Spit off the deck (shortly after we had rolled and were climbing out), you die (managing to get hit by a slower, lower TA 152 in the process, I might add), and I'm supposed to give a damn? You were in a more maneuverable, conditionally faster aircraft (your E advantage allowed you the option of pursuing and running down anyone you might choose)... and you still blew it. You were nothing more than an annoyance and extra perk points. Seriously - you didn't even come close to damaging anyone. You died without as much as making anyone even consider the possibility of an RTB. We weren't mad or upset, and I assumed that was the case with you (obviously, I was wrong based on your reply and the comment about you getting "sick" of it above). What was your point again?

or how about the films where I catch you alone and you immediately run to ACK and friends.....

Ok, so you're still talking about the second set of fights two days later. You caught me alone twice. The first time, I shot you and you ran back to your ack and a P-47 came in (Lilmak). I killed him and RTB'd. The second time, you came in (again) with the aforementioned tons of extra E and I simply extended in a slight climb. You could have dove down to me (you had more than enough altitude and airspeed), but you knew I would go vertical on you the second you came down. You chose to nose up and climb, hoping I'd turn back into you. Quit making excuses because I didn't play the game you wanted.

you have zero understanding of ACM and the only skill ingame you have is HO and run. and with out doubt you are GREAT in those roles....

So I have zero understanding of ACM? Interesting - let's play your game and assume that I know nothing about ACM, then. How is, then, that this "ACM" you speak of, this magical skill that allows you to engage people with enlightened knowledge and increased fun... is getting you killed? I mean, you have died almost every single time we have engaged each other, whether 1v1 or 5v5 or even 1v5. Isn't this "ACM" supposed to allow you to beat me? Doesn't this "ACM" have counters for such cheap maneuvers, as you have claimed, are so easy a kid could do them?

Or could it be, perhaps, that there's an entire additional subset of ACM that you have absolutely no understanding of. To you, it looks like a cheap shot; to you, it looks like running; to you, it just looks like you died 11 times (your number of deaths over the two days in question) and it was all luck on my part. To me, well, it's 11 kills I get to land... but whatever. What do I know?

You could switch planes to one that has a similar performance envelope to the ones I fly - but no, you like yours (and that's fine), which subsequently are much slower than mine. You could adopt energy fighting tactics, but no, those are "dishonorable" to you (and you subsequently end up getting roped on the deck). You could take front-quarter shots (well, you could try, anyway) when presented with the possibility, but no, those are also dishonorable, according to you.

I see a lot of complaining because I won't fly the way you want me to... and it makes you "sick." Hmmm...

Like I said originally, I had no intention of implying anything with the video, other than simply to prove to Dejody that his claim was false. We have different philosophies about air combat and I respect the right to disagree - we'll never agree and it is what it is. I have my flight style and wingmen, you have yours.

Back on topic...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:23:30 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #214 on: June 15, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »
We need the raw footage for context.  Given your lack of credibility this "film" must be accompanied by raw footage or it will be judged invalid.

Upload it to my boy Kruel's Google Drive.  He'll give me the password so I can evaluate.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: June 15, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »
Skyyr, youre awesome. Been a long time since i could laugh this much on one working so hard to twist others words and negate the facts and logical consequences by making himself looks like a fool  :lol

Keep up the good work  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2014, 12:21:23 AM »
Skyyr, youre awesome. Been a long time since i could laugh this much on one working so hard to twist others words and negate the facts and logical consequences by making himself looks like a fool  :lol

Keep up the good work  :aok

I honestly tried to read what he said.....

oh well

have a nice day Skyr I will not break HTCs rules again this week.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2014, 05:09:24 AM »
for skyr with love
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h6h84c4cg27aahi/forthefilm6.ahf
or this one from the noob days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUD1HMhISj4
Theese are what i consider as fights
 :D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:16:52 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2014, 09:24:01 AM »
I just had a Facetime chat with my boy Kruel.  Still no raw AH films uploaded to his Google Drive.   :frown:

-AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
Gents this is not the appropriate place for this discussion. Take it private.

HiTech

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:13:57 PM by hitech »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck