Author Topic: Replacement for the Brew  (Read 8422 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: Replacement for the Brew
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
And the Wiki says:

Fighting against the Brewster B-239

. . .  If he is on your 6, all you have to do is fly away from him.

That's good advice provided you're not in something that's actually slower than a b239.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »
And the Wiki says:

Fighting against the Brewster B-239

. . .  If he is on your 6, all you have to do is fly away from him.

Easy, send me a film of a Brewster catching you from your six and I will be happy to post what is found.

Before you send it.  Make sure the Brewster is not in a 1G dive.  Make sure you are not trying to climb.  Others things apply, but should be common sense.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
Yes the 109g is a superior fighter. The brewsters were only replaced when they wore out. They started the war with only 44 of them, by the end of the war there were only half a dozen of them still servicable, but the were in service until the end of the war. I don't think Finland manufactured any fighter airplanes, I think they were all imported. So they couldn't have replaced their brewsters with brewsters if they wanted to.

Thanks  :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 02:30:09 PM »
Make sure the Brewster is not in a 1G dive. 

The lowest drag is a 0g dive.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:55 PM »
Could you please either stop posting these nonsensical claims about the Brewster, or put up with some actual data showing that it is indeed overmodeled the way it is. Not at least to determine what "accurately modeled" really means. How about a film of you doing a 180 in a brewster and holding all your E? :)
No but I have seen it and a squadie has a recording of it I believe... I'll check with them

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
What we need is to make a distinction between different AC and have the addition of the lower performance USMC Buffalo for inclusion in early pacific scenarios. That should end all the arguments.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 02:37:55 PM »
         keep in control at 600+mph                              the only way i've ever gotten a brewster to get even close 600mph was to dive straight down,don't remember what the speed was when the wings ripped off.
From my tests it's around 670mph, tell me that's realistic....

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:09 PM »
The lowest drag is a 0g dive.

Not sure what you are saying FLS?  Drag is a function of velocity.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
No but I have seen it and a squadie has a recording of it I believe... I'll check with them

A squadie having a film of what was happening to you is not going to be accurate.  The film has to come from you, if it was happening to you.  Has to do with updates from the server.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:24 PM »
A squadie having a film of what was happening to you is not going to be accurate.  The film has to come from you, if it was happening to you.  Has to do with updates from the server.
It was him who was killed by the brew, was flying along side him, watched a stratospheric brew come down at 450 to 500mph, turn around and only lose about 50 to 75 mph...

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 02:44:46 PM »
Guys im pretty sure this thread is a troll.
If this was aimed at trolling, I would call out the pilots who fly them, but I did not, in order to get my point across.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »
It was him who was killed by the brew, was flying along side him, watched a stratospheric brew come down at 450 to 500mph, turn around and only lose about 50 to 75 mph...

Film?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 02:56:53 PM »
Not sure what you are saying FLS?  Drag is a function of velocity.

You are thinking of parasitic drag which is only part of the total drag. It's fun to speculate but it's easy to get confused when only thinking of part of a complex interaction.
Parasitic drag is the main part of drag at your highest speed. At lower speeds and while turning, in other words as AOA increases, the larger part of total drag is induced drag.

If there was a problem with parasitic drag then the top speed would be wrong. If induced drag is wrong how is the climb rate correct?

A huge altitude advantage converted to speed. It would be a problem if that didn't happen.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:42 PM »
You are thinking of parasitic drag which is only part of the total drag. It's fun to speculate but it's easy to get confused when only thinking of part of a complex interaction.
Parasitic drag is the main part of drag at your highest speed. At lower speeds and while turning, in other words as AOA increases, the larger part of total drag is induced drag.

If there was a problem with parasitic drag then the top speed would be wrong. If induced drag is wrong how is the climb rate correct?

A huge altitude advantage converted to speed. It would be a problem if that didn't happen.

He lost almost NO E in the turn... Even spits have a problem doing that...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
He lost almost NO E in the turn... Even spits have a problem doing that...

We are still waiting for the film.  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman