Author Topic: Replacement for the Brew  (Read 8419 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Replacement for the Brew
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2014, 03:20:43 PM »
He lost almost NO E in the turn... Even spits have a problem doing that...

I believe you mean to say that he lost little speed in the descending turn. He traded E for E but lost a lot of E descending.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:24:07 PM by FLS »

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2014, 03:22:24 PM »
Coalcat's mad because my brew can slam his F4U  :neener:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »
No, he lost almost no e, he dove contined for a bit, then did a full 180, and lost very little E, staying above 400

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:13 PM »
It's all still pointless arguing without the film...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
No need for any drama.  A film is all that is needed.  Without that, there really is not much to be done or said.

A film contains the information we need to validate the flight model is doing what it was designed to do.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2014, 03:38:11 PM »
No, he lost almost no e, he dove contined for a bit, then did a full 180, and lost very little E, staying above 400

He dove with a huge E advantage, leveled out and turned and still had some E advantage. You see why film showing hard numbers would be more indicative of a problem?  

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
Easy, send me a film of a Brewster catching you from your six and I will be happy to post what is found.

Before you send it.  Make sure the Brewster is not in a 1G dive.  Make sure you are not trying to climb.  Others things apply, but should be common sense.

sorry Skuzz.....

but common sense....is just not quite so common anymore. :neener:

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
Someone could easily just film themselves doing a 180 degree reversal in the Brew at high speed. Then film some other plane doing that. Then look at the films to see if there is any major difference. If there is not, then there is nothing wrong with the Brew right?  :bhead
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
sorry Skuzz.....

but common sense....is just not quite so common anymore. :neener:

It was my caveat to cover for my lack of being able to express all the possible variables which could encompass flight dynamics in any given situation as it transitions from one moment to the next. :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
This thread almost makes me want to fly that God awful B-239.   :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »
Ive learned that the only Brewster's you should hate are the ones you find in Cesspool lake(DA).
See Rule #4

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2014, 07:31:54 PM »
Well, the Finnish Air  Force clearly showed that the Brewster was good enough to be a lethal weapon in the hands of an experienced pilot. yes they met a lot of older aircrafts but have in mind that they still where up to the same enemy as the 109:s. And obiviosly where later soviet planes like the beloved La-7 not so superior to the Brewster that they could eleminate the difference in pilot skill btw the La- and the Brewster pilot.

In the hands of a good pilot and against an unwary or foolish opponent the Brew can be deadly. I for example got my only 262 kill in a Brew, a guy that was stupid enough to try a head-to-head with me and i won the lottery.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »
This thread almost makes me want to fly that God awful B-239.   :devil

Me too! The green and brown camo one with the rhino head on the side.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
Ok I will bite, I tried to find documentation on the Brewster last year to end this argument, of all the books and documents I could scrounge up, I could only find information on the F2A not the B-239. Biggest thing is the Finnish and Dutch do not have any information on it, let alone the US. As for the Finnish, their tactics of to engage when they want too and disengage was an advantage that makes the B-239 look godly with its kill ratio (kills well into 1944). Topic of "airframes" comes up, yes the B-239 shot down some La-5s even, again the tactics didn't change for the Finnish and Russians didn't learn.

I searched up and down and couldn't find the data, I have no opinion on the B-239 because I would assume HTC has data I can't find to support otherwise. I contacted quite a few places even put some money up buying documents in hope to end this futile argument, in the end I have nothing to show for it.
If you want to make a difference instead of whining, buy books like I did, and show the data you have, and let others compare and give opinions, if you are right - HTC would probably change it, however he put his money up and got the data, I see nothing here saying otherwise, nor films or any technical information.

Its mostly hearsay.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
Ok I will bite, I tried to find documentation on the Brewster last year to end this argument, of all the books and documents I could scrounge up, I could only find information on the F2A not the B-239. Biggest thing is the Finnish and Dutch do not have any information on it, let alone the US. As for the Finnish, their tactics of to engage when they want too and disengage was an advantage that makes the B-239 look godly with its kill ratio (kills well into 1944). Topic of "airframes" comes up, yes the B-239 shot down some La-5s even, again the tactics didn't change for the Finnish and Russians didn't learn.

I searched up and down and couldn't find the data, I have no opinion on the B-239 because I would assume HTC has data I can't find to support otherwise. I contacted quite a few places even put some money up buying documents in hope to end this futile argument, in the end I have nothing to show for it.
If you want to make a difference instead of whining, buy books like I did, and show the data you have, and let others compare and give opinions, if you are right - HTC would probably change it, however he put his money up and got the data, I see nothing here saying otherwise, nor films or any technical information.

Its mostly hearsay.

Finnish flight test data has been posted to these forums by Finns.  It matched what we have in AH.

I have tested it.  What coalcat is claiming is flat out wrong based on his misjudging enemy E states and actions.  It literally cannot do what he is claiming it does in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-