Author Topic: Update on the update?  (Read 843 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Update on the update?
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:28:12 PM »
It seems like it's been forever since we had a snippet (other than the gorgeous hangar photo from Waffle) or a video of the new Aces High 3 engine.  So - what's in the cooker Pyro/Hitech? :x
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Update on the update?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »
 :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »
In the past, peeks at coming attractions were probably easier due to them not being a total rewrite. The bits and pieces so far look like mile stones on an otherwise longer road than we have previously endured. We have gotten spoiled over the years since the beginning of this show and tell game we always joke with "Two Weeks".

Yes personally, I would like to see more than the mud puddle at the door way to the VH. But, the recent collection of  responses by Hitech are not like the past when we could push him for more each time leading up to the release date. Proximity to the release date has always been the trigger for copious show and tell. Or, solid mile stones as the new project is fleshing out on track with things tangible for the average member of our community to value as a peek into progress.

I'm still wondering if the existing look and functions of the game will be what we see when we run the new release for the first time enhanced by the new terrain and lighting engine. Or will we have completely new objects and functions to go with the new terrain and lighting engine.

Is this an engine upgrade to spring the current game forward to 20xx as a beginning platform for later new objects and game play functions? Or, will it be a total package forward jump of everything to rebrand the beast?

So far as I can remember, HTC has gone the tight lipped route except for once, and has not gotten bit in the rear over promising the moon and disappointing the fans with a search light on a pole. Consistency and working with what can be delivered within the technology of the game. At least this isn't Government Motors. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »
At least this isn't Government Motors.
- I think you're right bustr that there are some questions that could be answered in the direction that Hitech is taking the new version, and (thank god) this isn't Gov Motors. It's HiTech Creations.

And being tight-lipped about what's coming down the pipe is a double edge sword - first, you don't disappoint by setting unrealistic expectations.  Second, communicating his vision and where he's taking the new engine is sometimes frustrating for the fans and for those who love this game who don't know where it's going.  Hence the dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with game development.... :D
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
- I think you're right bustr that there are some questions that could be answered in the direction that Hitech is taking the new version, and (thank god) this isn't Gov Motors. It's HiTech Creations.

And being tight-lipped about what's coming down the pipe is a double edge sword - first, you don't disappoint by setting unrealistic expectations.  Second, communicating his vision and where he's taking the new engine is sometimes frustrating for the fans and for those who love this game who don't know where it's going.  Hence the dammed if you do, dammed if you don't with game development.... :D

And damned you all to HELL!!    :D  Expect the "you blew it up" response no matter what....

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
Second, communicating his vision and where he's taking the new engine is sometimes frustrating for the fans and for those who love this game who don't know where it's going.  

Maybe he learned his lessons with Combat Tour...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 05:03:15 PM »
2 weeks x 4

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.