Author Topic: Need help setting up my new rig  (Read 500 times)

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
Need help setting up my new rig
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »
Got a new puter, :banana: getting 14 to 20 frame rate. :huh Turned everything to bare miniums and got to about 32. Here is the DX. Any advise would be much helpful
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
Re: Need help setting up my new rig
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 05:44:27 PM »
AHHA! Turned the Bumpmap my plane option off, WAY better. Getting in upper 60's now!  :rock
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
 It says you have 120 MB of video ram,well dedicated and the rest is shared!

I have to ask what maximum texture size are you using,I dont think hirez will work on your system because of the lowend vidcard. If you are using 512 texture size,you will need to reduce that to 256,may not look pretty but it should help the frame rate!

You might want to set AA in videocard settings to application controlled and then turn the AA off in game,move slider to left all the ways.

You CPU is pretty old being a duocore but it runs pretty fast so I would reduce all the unnessary background processes to free up that shared ram some and reduce cpu load.

Pretty much all I have,this is really above my paygrade stuff but it you do what I said I think you;ll see some improvements! I'm pretty sure the new minimum requirements state you need 256 MB of ram,your card only has half that!

:salute

PS: Or since you have seemed to have solved the problem just ignore my nonsense.... :rofl
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:48:41 PM by morfiend »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »
Ya hit hit all the high points Morph!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:21:19 PM »
Ya hit hit all the high points Morph!

Well even a blind squirrel can find the odd nut! :D

:salute

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:42 AM »
Got a new puter, :banana: getting 14 to 20 frame rate. :huh Turned everything to bare miniums and got to about 32. Here is the DX. Any advise would be much helpful

128MB of video RAM is the big problem.  Basically, your computer is configured to run basic Windows applications, not real time 3D graphics.

You need to set the games "Maximum Texture Size" to 128 in order to have any chance at all in preventing resource thrashing with the lack of video memory the computer has.  The game will look pretty bad at that setting, but it might help keep the game responsive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »
Next question is can anyone recommend a decent video card that isn't over about $120.00? The case is pretty big, and I have something life four slots I could put a video card. Also, is there any way to tinker with the video card as it sits and dedicate more of the RAM to video?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »
Next question is can anyone recommend a decent video card that isn't over about $120.00? The case is pretty big, and I have something life four slots I could put a video card. Also, is there any way to tinker with the video card as it sits and dedicate more of the RAM to video?
First, there's only one slot for a video card, the light blue one according to the Gigabyte product site.
Second, since your current video circuit is integrated in the motherboard, a "real" video card might need extra power which your power supply may or may not provide. Information about your PSU would help.
Third, sites like http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html will give you a hint about what to look for. At the moment the best card in your price category would be a Radeon HD 7850, but I'd recommend you to look for bargains in the better ranking cards priced at about $150.
Fourth, remember, the better card you get, the better power supply you must have. A decent quality one costs about $100, Seasonic being the most reliable manufacturer at the moment - and even they may occasionally fail.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
Power supply is 450 W

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
The power rating is on the low side for a modern video card and even worse for a second hand high end one - they used to be more power thirsty. Very likely it doesn't even have the six pin connector for the HD 7850 I mentioned. But if it does, it might work at least for a while until you get a little more money to get a better PSU.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni