Author Topic: What.....  (Read 1557 times)

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: What.....
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 10:27:07 AM »
Are you people saying that laptops are going to work with ah?
I am quite ignorant in computer specs... but all i have ever read here was that laptops wouldn't be able to handle the graphics.
Yes. But... As with desktops, there's something you should consider, and more.

The first thing is to make sure it has a gaming level dedicated video card since Intel Graphics don't work well with Aces High. There's many levels in video cards, though, so you'd better get one from the upper end. (It's the same with desktops, too.)
The second thing is to decide whether you'd like to play on a 15" to 17" screen instead of a 27" or 30" one. Of course you can plug an external monitor to a laptop which is a viable solution if you need a carriable computer.
Third, you'd need a powered USB hub for your gaming gear, because laptops have less USB connectors than desktops for your gaming gear.
Fourth, don't look at anything under $1000 for a pleasing gaming experience for the next few years.
Fifth, take care of good airflow under your laptop. They mostly have air intake gaps in the bottom, but in the name of leanness the rubber pads beneath are very low. 1/3" high bumpons work surprisingly well!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 05:09:49 PM »
What video card would you recommend?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:58 AM »
I can't recommend any, I'm not familiar with mobile cards. But as a rule of thumb, if there's two almost identical computers with cards of same brand and generation, the one with a higher ten value is better. Also cards over ##50 are better. Thus a GeForce GTX 670 may be faster than the next generation GTX 750. For GeForces, the 700 and 800 series are the the most modern available. For AMD, the Radeon Rx200 series is the newest, although the HD 8000 series may still be available. In the HD series look for the higher hundreds rather than the tens. Ask if in doubt...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »

The one as high on this list as you can afford: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

The 'M' stated ones are mobile chips, note that a mobile version of a 670 is way slower than its desktop counterpart.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone