Author Topic: this is going to hurt  (Read 684 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
this is going to hurt
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:20:47 PM »
this is my first video post and i am guessing the spit 9 did all the damage i am in the spit 8 i lost track of the spit 9 after my last move which is why i got nailed ,i have no idea what he did to get a shot on me. but i did survive.
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: this is going to hurt
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:38:58 PM »
Although I'm no expert, it seems to me your biggest problem is you don't look around nearly enough.
Fly a spit better than I could ever, I stall those things out like I get payed to do it.
See Rule #4

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 03:56:49 PM »
Although I'm no expert, it seems to me your biggest problem is you don't look around nearly enough.
Fly a spit better than I could ever, I stall those things out like I get payed to do it.

dont feel bad about stalling i was the human drill bit for a long time. i still got to hold the record for the deepest hole in the ground hehehehe
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »
this is my first video post and i am guessing the spit 9 did all the damage i am in the spit 8 i lost track of the spit 9 after my last move which is why i got nailed ,i have no idea what he did to get a shot on me. but i did survive.

Ya you have got to learn how to fly WITHOUT looking out the front of your plane. If you go more than a couple seconds without looking out all your views ESPECIALLY in a combat zone you just asking to get shot down. You might as well drag a flag that says AFK (Away From Keyboard).

You should scan every second or two and once your engaged..... I think you were engaged with the spit, if your not looking at the plane your fighting, your scanning. You have to know "where" your plane is and which way its pointing with out ever really looking.

"Lose site, lose the fight" is an old fighters saying and it hold true in the game. If you lose site of your enemy, by the time you find him hes on your six or setting you up for a nice crossing shot.

A good practice for keeping your views is to fly of line looping and yo-yo around the drones and look ONLY at the drone your flying around. Learn to control your plane through those maneuvers while NEVER taking your eyes off the drone.

The spit 8 is a good plane and very forgiving. Don't be afraid to push her a bit. Get it there and fight. Big old lazy turns save E but also give the enemy time to build E. Once they have more than you, you could be in trouble.  

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 12:38:31 PM »
Add a button for looking up. You mix looking up with any normal look, ads a better view, I noticed you look back and left and right, but never up right, up left, up 45 or straight up for when you roll over these extra views greatly enhance your situational awareness.

And plus one to only looking forward to glance at gages and when your shooting, if your fighting you use what ever view you can to keep the enemy in sight instead of guessing where he might be. Some guess work is needed but the less the better.

Last point, ( you may know this) set your views. Look back( hold this view) now using arrow keys to move left and right , forward and back,  insert and delete ( or page up and pave down) moves up and down. Then press f10 to save view.  Make sure each and every plane you fly has views set to best optimize what you can see.

Keep up the hard work and keep at it, it will get better with time.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 12:46:42 PM »
Select recorded views in the playor, and icons as well. then press play and go to full screen, hopefully that helps you out.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »

Always keep your head on a swivel ~ Jetsom

Always keep looking around you, because sometimes in that second that you don't, you get something behind you or you're dead.
I've been killed sometimes out of the 'clear blue' while having my views everywhere. But you put yourself at an even higher disadvantage when you aren't looking around enough.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend